Something a little different......One year from today 4/21/22

The endless debate over Fields/Wilson and who to pick at 23 & 34 is getting to everyone.

Here is something a little different.  One year from today, please predict what we will be debating in the upcoming 2022 draft.

What will be our biggest needs/positions to target with our 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks? 

What do you think the sentiment of the board will be towards Zach Wilson?

• Haha 1

There will be a group that over and over says we need EDGE and CB. There will be a group that wants more OL and Weapons for Zach.

There will be a lot of whining about one of our picks likely an offensive player that we take where there was a decent CB.

Seattle's pick will be Top 15 and likely above ours.

We will likely be debating if we should trade up or if we are happy with a trade up that we already made in order to get a legit pass rusher.  Which will be a positional break for the Jets as the 2022 draft  has 3 first round DEs in Kayvon Thibodeaux, Zach Harrison and Demarvin Leal.

I also believe the Seattle pick will be higher then ours. I know it sounds crazy but it just feels like that team could fall apart and if if anything ever happened to wilson (im not rooting for him to be injured) and he had to miss an extended period of time, that team would be atrocious. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Larz said:

Can’t believe we traded Darnold and passed on chase , those guy’s are killing it and we have Justin Timberlake and mims

If Wilson is Justin Timberlake than Darnold is Joey Fatone.

• Haha 1

I'm just excited to watch somebody on this team with a Mahomes level electric arm. It'll be fun till it falls off. So I'm thinking with our luck week 3 or so we'll lose to the Bill by one on a missed last second 30 yard FG after he drives us down the field sustaining an injury that leads to amputation.

Who are the 2022 QB prospects?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The board narrative will change Thursday night. 

Hang in there. 

joewilly12 

Is the draft actually this week? I get caught up in so much BS nonsense here leading up to it I didn't actually know. I don't watch TV. 

Edit: I know its soon cause it's my friends birthday and helping put together a surprise bachelor party for him also this weekend. His 21st I left the club, tried walking to Radio City Music hall and getting in hammered with no sleep. Thank God I gave up as I sobered up. I would have wound up another failed Jets fan GIF

5 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Is the draft actually this week? I get caught up in so much BS nonsense here leading up to it I didn't actually know. I don't watch TV

2021 NFL Draft will begin at 8:00 PM on
Thursday
April 29
and ends on
Saturday
May 1
All times are in Eastern Time.

"You know.  We should pay a little attention to those Pac-12 draft prospects this draft.  Oregon DID win the National Championship this year!"

Hey.  I am terrible at predicting the future.  So at least let me dream.

11 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

Here is something a little different.  One year from today, please predict what we will be debating in the upcoming 2022 draft.

Which QB we take at 1.3

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, Morrissey said:

The board will be debating if we should draft a WR or Defensive back in 1st round.

Or maybe a top running back.  The jets have lots of draft assets in the next two drafts after this one.  A problem may be they’ll be drafting in the 20-25 range.

We will wonder why in God's name did our GM pick only offensive players this year. And shake our heads in disgust while doing so. Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

The endless debate over Fields/Wilson and who to pick at 23 & 34 is getting to everyone.

A funny comment, honestly this draft cycle feels like one of the least contentious I can recall from recent years.

Pretty much everyone knows we're drafting Wilson, even if they may favor Fields (a small minority at that).

Pretty much everyone thinks we're O-line at either #23 or #34, with probably a CB/Edge or the like the other top pick.  At most a few of us want another O instead, but we generally get it on picking D with one of those three picks.

Yeah, really doesn't feel like a very contentious draft this year, lol

13 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

What will be our biggest needs/positions to target with our 2 first round picks and 2 second round picks? 

What do you think the sentiment of the board will be towards Zach Wilson?

Oh, I think it's obvious. 

Weapons and O-line for Wilson vs. Edge/CB. 

Same as this year. One of these two problems won't be solved this year, and some will still want more of the other next year no matter what.  

Still can’t believe that last minute trade between SF and the Jets last year! Now that we have Nico Bosa, no need to draft edge, we need to take best wideout in the draft for Justin.