Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and Rex Hogan to give their predraft news conference today 2:15pm

Jetsbb

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Sirianni apparently has done this with prospects to gauge their competitiveness. 

I mean...  

Thanks.  I knew there had to be something to the question, jsut seemed so random.  As long as that is not how we are deciding between Fields and Wilson.

54 minutes ago, C Mart said:

As all teams do this week and next..Call teams to find which teams are willing to move up, down and the cost. So when a team is on the clock they have an idea which team to call

Standard operating procedure.  Not enough time to do it between picks.  Have to have various possible trades lined up in advance.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, C Mart said:

As all teams do this week and next..Call teams to find which teams are willing to move up, down and the cost. So when a team is on the clock they have an idea which team to call

The way I see it is the Jets big board is already designed to favor OL. Like last year, I'm guessing they've spoken to teams ahead of them to get a sense on what the price would be to move up. Also like last year, they're going to monitor when the 2nd/3rd guy comes off the board. If 2 guys went top 6, I think the Jets would've moved up... definitely would've swapped with JAX if 2 went top 8. 

This year, the range they're looking at is 12-21. They'll circle the 2-3 teams that they absolutely think will accept an offer that the Jets also feel is fair come draft day. The key will be tracking when the 3rd-4th OLs gets drafted. If it's in the top 15, Jets will look to make a move. They're going to rely on their intel to hedge what they're willing to give up, but LV, MIA, WAS, CHI, and TEN are all the teams they have to really worry about for Teven Jenkins (I don't think many, if anyone, sees him as a long-term LT, so not sold that IND is a team to worry about). If only 2-3 get drafted in the top 15, then I expect them to be patient, with worst case scenario being that they select the best EDGE/WR/CB available or put the pick on the market.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hogan:  Looking for olineman that fit our scheme (Thus eliminating 1/2 of the olineman in the draft), we are confident in who we have.  (I hope to F'ck you are lieing to me on this one.)

He should be looking for scheme fits. If that eliminates some players, so be it. These guys are probably locked in for three years. They should be specific when it comes to who they’re willing to bring in. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, slats said:

He should be looking for scheme fits. If that eliminates some players, so be it. These guys are probably locked in for three years. They should be specific when it comes to who they’re willing to bring in. 

Good thing we drafted for Gase fits.  This becomes a never ending cycle. 

You need to be scheme diverse to some extent.  The best players win in this league and if you are eliminating half the players in the league each draft to fit scheme you are doing yourselves a disservice.