Ice Cream and the five QBs (can't they ALL be good?)

So the rhetoric both here and on the media is just becoming insufferable

No one is changing their opinion on which QB they like. And everyone seems to bash the other QBs other than their guy unmercifully

It seems that people just cant like their guy they have to bring the other guy and say he will be a bust.

Not to mention so many just plain stupid takes on why they will fail. 

But I have thought that maybe this year is just different.

Why can't Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Jones and Fields ALL be good?

It has happened before: all of the 2004 first round QBs were good as an example.

But people see different things. For me as an example Wilsons arm talent and fast release trump Fields athleticism. Some see it the other way.

Some people think Jones is the best QB because of his anticipation and ability to make ON platform throws efficiently.

Etc...

So the though I came up with is that they are all basically flavors of ice cream. All are good but each person is going to have a favorite and least favorite flavor. By just because you like mint does not make mint the best ice cream in my case I like chocolate (especially Mayan Chocolate)

I really think this group is so good that there is just no consensus and I think that all of them will have excellent careers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Possible, but not super likely. You’re talking about five guys hitting versus three. JP Losman was the later first round pick that year and he didn’t really work out.

More importantly - different league back then. Manning sat half his rookie year. Rivers most of his first two years. Roethlisberger funding success early was a major exception back in 2004. 

I cannot help but think that this new trend of throwing guys out there does not do guys any favors and does relate to how many first round busts we see.

• Upvote 1

I live within 60 miles of the original Ben & Jerry's ice dream factory in Waterbury, VT. No wonder I can't lose a goddamn pound. Plus I gave up smoking (1 year now) and drinking (two months, temporary, I hope - to address acid reflux) - during a pandemic - so no stress. 

exploding head.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think that all of them will have excellent careers. 

Has there ever been a 5 or more 1st round QB Class where all 5 were "good"?

Even the vaunted class of 1983, considered one of if not THE greatest single class, wasn't "all good".

Elway at #1 HOF'er.

Blackledge at #7, lol nope.

Jim Kelly at #14, HOF'er.

Tony Eason at #15, lol nope.

Ken O'Brien at #24, lol nope (Much as I loved him as a kid)

Dan Marino at #27, HOF'er.

6 QB's, 50/50 chance of HOF or lol nope.

There are 5 QB's coming out that will likely go in the top 10, way sooner than Eason, O'Brien or Marino went.

The odds that all 5 will be great, pretty low.  I'd wager two of the five at most will be legit NFL starting QB's, and maybe one could be a real stud.  

3 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

Huge chocolate ice cream fan. However, I recently gave this sorbet a try and it's fantastic. It's shoprite brand.

Screenshot_20210422-163044.png

I guess this kinda relates to my QB preferences, lol. JF is chocolate to me, and ZW is this new flavor I just tried and have really liked thus far.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

phx6ydoznu011.jpg

Don't let Demi Lovato see that!!

Demi Lovato apologized after her complaints about a frozen yogurt shop caused a backlash from those wanting her to chill out.

The singer and actress, who has been open about her struggles with body image and an eating disorder, posted a video Monday explaining why she slammed The Bigg Chill in Los Angeles over the weekend for promoting sugar-free cookies and "other diet foods."
"I am very outspoken about the things that I believe in," Lovato said in the video. "I understand that sometimes my messaging can lose its meaning when I get emotional. I am human."
Lovato had used the Instagram stories on her verified Instagram account over the weekend to criticize the shop after spotting "tons of sugar free cookies/other diet foods" there.

"Do better please," she wrote, along with #dietculturevultures which she said she would be using to call out companies and brands "that perpetuate a society that not only enables but praises disordered eating."

The Los Angeles froyo shop responded on their IG stories saying they carry a variety of products for people's dietary needs. The business also sent Lovato a direct message which she shared on her account.
Enter your email to subscribe to the CNN Five Things Newsletter.

"We are not diet vultures," the message read. "We cater to all of our customers needs for the past 36 years. We are sorry you found this offensive."
Lovato responded that she found the whole thing "triggering and awful."
"You can carry things for other people while also caring for another percentage of your customers who struggle DAILY just to even step foot in your store," she wrote in a direct message back. "You can find a way to provide an inviting environment for all people with different needs. Including eating disorders — one of the deadliest mental illnesses only second to [opioid] overdoses. Don't make excuses, just do better."

44 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Don't let Demi Lovato see that!!

Demi Lovato apologized after her complaints about a frozen yogurt shop caused a backlash from those wanting her to chill out.

The singer and actress, who has been open about her struggles with body image and an eating disorder, posted a video Monday explaining why she slammed The Bigg Chill in Los Angeles over the weekend for promoting sugar-free cookies and "other diet foods."
"I am very outspoken about the things that I believe in," Lovato said in the video. "I understand that sometimes my messaging can lose its meaning when I get emotional. I am human."
Lovato had used the Instagram stories on her verified Instagram account over the weekend to criticize the shop after spotting "tons of sugar free cookies/other diet foods" there.

"Do better please," she wrote, along with #dietculturevultures which she said she would be using to call out companies and brands "that perpetuate a society that not only enables but praises disordered eating."

The Los Angeles froyo shop responded on their IG stories saying they carry a variety of products for people's dietary needs. The business also sent Lovato a direct message which she shared on her account.
Enter your email to subscribe to the CNN Five Things Newsletter.

"We are not diet vultures," the message read. "We cater to all of our customers needs for the past 36 years. We are sorry you found this offensive."
Lovato responded that she found the whole thing "triggering and awful."
"You can carry things for other people while also caring for another percentage of your customers who struggle DAILY just to even step foot in your store," she wrote in a direct message back. "You can find a way to provide an inviting environment for all people with different needs. Including eating disorders — one of the deadliest mental illnesses only second to [opioid] overdoses. Don't make excuses, just do better."

Demi Lovato seems very full of herself.  

The whole Wilson vs Fields...sprinkled with a Darnold drama topping...has become boring and redundant.   And JD-Saleh-LaFleur can't possibly have gotten this right. Right? 

It's degenerated into a non stop insufferable circle-jerk pissing contest.  But it is comical...as this...

Download video

So the rhetoric both here and on the media is just becoming insufferable
No one is changing their opinion on which QB they like. And everyone seems to bash the other QBs other than their guy unmercifully
It seems that people just cant like their guy they have to bring the other guy and say he will be a bust.
Not to mention so many just plain stupid takes on why they will fail. 
But I have thought that maybe this year is just different.
Why can't Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Jones and Fields ALL be good?
It has happened before: all of the 2004 first round QBs were good as an example.
But people see different things. For me as an example Wilsons arm talent and fast release trump Fields athleticism. Some see it the other way.
Some people think Jones is the best QB because of his anticipation and ability to make ON platform throws efficiently.
Etc...
So the though I came up with is that they are all basically flavors of ice cream. All are good but each person is going to have a favorite and least favorite flavor. By just because you like mint does not make mint the best ice cream in my case I like chocolate (especially Mayan Chocolate)
I really think this group is so good that there is just no consensus and I think that all of them will have excellent careers. 

They can’t all be good simply because the Jets are drafting one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app