Ice Cream and the five QBs (can't they ALL be good?)

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

My 3-year old LOVES this commercial and sings it constantly. I also love it, now. :)

I'm not admitting anything...but...

French Vanilla, Rocky Road, Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Cookie Dough!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Gibby said:

Historically speaking..... That’s never the case. 

6 good qbs in the first round or even in an entire draft may be rare but the teams are getting them from somewhere.  i'm too lazy to do the research but there are 32 teams and for the nfl to need 6 qbs each season means the attrition rate is about 5.4 per season.  it's most likely much less than that since we see qbs like brady, rodgers, matty ice, hanging in for ten years or more and then there are others like stafford, wilson approaching the 10 year mark.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:28 PM, jetstream23 said:

'83 was probably the closest.   Ken O'Brien was a good QB.... Elway, Marino, Kelly, etc. were obviously great.

Very, very rare that happens.

But there was also Todd Blackledge (# 7 overall) and Tony Eason (# 15 overall) in that draft class. 

So even in the most loaded QB class of all time, there was at least one or 2 duds in the 1st round.

• Upvote 1

Sure they can all be good. But they won’t be.

And the odds are getting worse, not better. College offenses don’t develop QBs (or OLs for that matter)for the pro game. The current practice of instantly starting rookie QBs is nuts. And the pressure on GMs to “get a franchise QB” encourages “wishful” drafting.

I’m certainly rooting for JD and am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. 

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But there was also Todd Blackledge (# 7 overall) and Tony Eason (# 15 overall) in that draft class. 

So even in the most loaded QB class of all time, there was at least one or 2 duds in the 1st round.

Eason had a decent career he played in a super bowl

The thing is the ‘83 draft was like Haley’s Comet it happens once every 80-100 years.  The problem is the media loves hyping up mediocre college QBs every year who get inflated stats playing bs programs in gimmick offenses because it gets ratings and clicks and bad franchises like the Jets think they’re one Qb away from the Super Bowl