Zach Wilson has spoken with three former Jets QBs about playing in New York

Jetsbb

Actually he probably heard good things.  Chad is still attached to the Jets in an analyst role, he's a fan.  Sanchez can't complain.  He was king for awhile.  Given a very good team.  He just never improved.

Man I hope he never comes to the board.  :) 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Actually he probably heard good things.  Chad is still attached to the Jets in an analyst role, he's a fan.  Sanchez can't complain.  He was king for awhile.  Given a very good team.  He just never improved.

Man I hope he never comes to the board.  :) 

If he's smart, he gets a 90s Era Nokia and never checks the internet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I mean other than Joe Nameth who's now selling Medicare advantage plans who's really had a good experience here? Especially since Woody took over. The hope is the new regime isn't so Jets like and are competent, thats still a wait and see though

Fitzpatrick got a finger in his butt and seems to enjoy it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

I’d go when the GM smirked and said Steve Young is pretty plugged in - after someone said Steve young said he’s going to the jEts. Or actually when Adam Schefter texted Zach Wilson welcome to the Jets.

I was kind of not giving that a lot of weight.  I'm fine with Wilson but I prefer Fields. 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im not sure what zach expected to get out of it.  None of the 3 qbs he talked to would have any idea what its like to play for the 2021 NYJ.

It would have been more beneficial for him to have talked to beathered or mullins or garrapolo.

Doesn’t have to do with scheme. It has to do with being a QB in NY.  What to expect from media, fans. How to handle being under a microscope.  Understanding the weight of 50 yrs on non-winning etc. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You are Zach Wilson and you are in a bar, and there are 20 minutes until closing. Sitting next to you is a behemoth swamp creature woman you met on Tinder who desperately wants to bang you. But, across the bar sits a supermodel, who is giving you the eye. In order to get to the supermodel, you have to be *slightly rude* to the behemoth, which would be a dick move, but eh, it’s a little passing discomfort. 

Then why would your guy Watson be open to come to the Jets better massage parlors?? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, docdhc said:

He spoke to Geno, Hackenberg, and Brett Ratliff

I think Ratliff could teach him a lot, but the game as changed. With only 3 preseason games you don't have to win the preseason anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Were I Zach Wilson, I would get in front of a reporter and say, “I will not play for the Jets. They suck.” 

He'd also say that he wanted the numbers of the 'massage' therapists that DW used more than once. The one's who sucked.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You are Zach Wilson and you are in a bar, and there are 20 minutes until closing. Sitting next to you is a behemoth swamp creature woman you met on Tinder who desperately wants to bang you. But, across the bar sits a supermodel, who is giving you the eye. In order to get to the supermodel, you have to be *slightly rude* to the behemoth, which would be a dick move, but eh, it’s a little passing discomfort. 

I don't think I've seen a supermodel at closing time even with beer goggles on.

• Haha 2

Were I Zach Wilson, I would get in front of a reporter and say, “I will not play for the Jets. They suck.” 

And then Fields says the same thing and then Lance and then Jones. Why would only 1 QB say that?  This is just ridiculous. The Jets are an entirely different organization than they were a year ago, let alone 10 years ago or 20 years ago.  Is is the uniform that causes QBs to fail? Or the just the name? Or is it the Namath curse?  If I'm a young QB, I'm happy to come here. Why aren't we hearing the same about Lawrence to Jacksonville? They have been a joke forever.  Is Lawrence screwed too?

Why would a Jets fan want this to happen????  I don't get the self-hating fans that want the team to fail just so that they can say " I was right."  Every fan should want Wilson to be dying to come here and play for Saleh and Lafleur and see the promise in the multiple draft picks.  Otherwise, why be a fan?  To wallow in the struggle of the past 50 years just to say you are a "suffering" Jets fan? I just don't get this mentality. Darnold is gone.  Lawrence was gone when the Jets beat the Rams.  Wilson appears to be the guy. Why not hope he wants to play for the Jets and that he is the real deal?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Why would a Jets fan want this to happen????  I don't get the self-hating fans that want the team to fail just so that they can say " I was right."  Every fan should want Wilson to be dying to come here and play for Saleh and Lafleur and see the promise in the multiple draft picks.  Otherwise, why be a fan?  To wallow in the struggle of the past 50 years just to say you are a "suffering" Jets fan? I just don't get this mentality. Darnold is gone.  Lawrence was gone when the Jets beat the Rams.  Wilson appears to be the guy. Why not hope he wants to play for the Jets and that he is the real deal?

They're afraid to believe ZW...maybe...

Download video

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There’s simply no way Sanchez or Darnold actually told Wilson to be happy about going to the Jets, especially when the immediate alternative is to go to the Niners

And Steve Young his fellow BYU alum with 49er ties probably begging him to force a trade 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, C Mart said:

Doesn’t have to do with scheme. It has to do with being a QB in NY.  What to expect from media, fans. How to handle being under a microscope.  Understanding the weight of 50 yrs on non-winning etc. 

or dealing with dysfunctional owners 

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

His mentor is Steve Young. I don’t think it’s even a remotely controversial thought that Wilson would be better served by ending up on the Niners right now

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His mentor is Steve Young. I don’t think it’s even a remotely controversial thought that Wilson would be better served by ending up on the Niners right now

Yet, young is buddies with the jets qb coach and can vet key members of the new coaching staff.  Don’t underestimate this, since they’re building 9ers east here.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, docdhc said:

He spoke to Geno, Hackenberg, and Brett Ratliff

This is an outrage is and an outright fabrication. It was Ricky Ray that turned the tide.

Speaking of Geno Smith, you know when people talk about the supernatural and stuff like that? Well, my Daddy died on August 11th, 1996. Geno Smith got punched in the face by James Ihedigbo on August 11th, 2015. 6 + 15 is 21. Coincidence? 

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets are the 49ers East. Same system, same coaching tree, etc. Fortunes turn on a dime in the NFL. The Jets could be better than SF in 2022. And you still didn’t answer my question. Why do you want Wilson to spurn the Jets?

• Upvote 1