I Want NOTHING To Do With Caleb Farley

KRL

I would take a late round flyer on him. I have four bulging discs in my lumbar spine and I played contact sports through all of my 30’s and I’m not a  professional athlete. He must be dedicated, but this will definitely limit his ability to lift weights. It’s doable, but he can be expected to miss time here and there. 

• Upvote 3

If he’s on the board at #34, I’d take him in a heartbeat.

The Hokies are known for putting quality DB’s into the NFL and Farley is the best prospect to come out of the program since DeAngelo Hall IMO.

The guy plays a premium position and would possibly be the top defender in the draft if it wasn’t for the injury concerns.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, the Claw said:

I would take a late round flyer on him. I have four bulging discs in my lumbar spine and I played contact sports through all of my 30’s and I’m not a  professional athlete. He must be dedicated, but this will definitely limit his ability to lift weights. It’s doable, but he can be expected to miss time here and there. 

This.

I wouldn't be upset with him at 34, but I agree with the sentiment. Between injury history and opting-out, I don't know how you can have confidence in the guy as a prospect. How do you know what you're getting? I realize he got good marks in his medical re-check, but medicals aren't an indicator of who the guy is on the field, and time off + surgeries aren't the logical recipe for improvement. If he played this year I think I'd feel a little differently, but both leave me strongly resistant towards him. Great character and talent, but just too much uncertainty for my taste. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I think we end up drafting one of these guys with injury history if they fall.

Farley, Phillips, Dickerson. Just like they took a swing on Hall last year. Granted they took Hall in the fifth. But if Farley is there at 34 I could easily see JD taking him.

well JD betterhope these guys dont get hurt from the start. he cant have another draft when half of them cant get off the IR

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, the Claw said:

Ditto. I went from not being able to walk with a bulging disc to being completely fine and live a normal life. He can lift weights just fine if needed. 

Totally agree. I see him mocked to us CONSTANTLY at 23 and get pissed off.

I've said it a dozen times, he has herniated discs in his back, THIS WILL NEVER HEAL. NEVER.

Back and neck injuries, i'm out. Did everyone forget Enunwa's herniated discs in neck? 

I PROMISE, if the Jets spend the 23 on Farley, they might as well tear up the card and not turn it in because they are wasting a pick on a guy that will never play.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

41 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If he’s on the board at #34, I’d take him in a heartbeat.

The Hokies are known for putting quality DB’s into the NFL and Farley is the best prospect to come out of the program since DeAngelo Hall IMO.

The guy plays a premium position and would possibly be the top defender in the draft if it wasn’t for the injury concerns.

Yeah at 23 its a pass for me. 34 though if he dropped that far, it would be hard to say no.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed

If the Jets walked away from the Top 35 with Wilson, Jenkins and Farley...I’m not sure how any Jets fan could be anything less than ecstatic.

34 being the 3rd pick makes it easier to take a gamble. They need three starters but I don't think you can blame Douglas if he swings for the fences a bit with the 3rd pick. Can't miss on the first two picks though.

17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

34 being the 3rd pick makes it easier to take a gamble. They need three starters but I don't think you can blame Douglas if he swings for the fences a bit with the 3rd pick. Can't miss on the first two picks though.

I can and will blame him. In this draft, 34 is significant trade bait or a very good player. It is not the time to take such a huge risk. Sorry, I can't get on board with Farley before round 3.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  After taking Wilson at 2, the Jets will use their next 4 picks protecting him and getting him weapons.

The days of corners an dlineman are over.  We have a real gm running the show now.

I certainly hope you're right.

I know you're high on JD - I think he's done what he had to do and has a plan, but I still have my questions.  If he goes O with 23, 34 and 66 - I'm with you 100%....

I will full faith in this organization going forward that we have the right people in charge...

If he takes a CB at 23 - I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum.  That he's shown he lacks a basic understanding of the NFL and will ultimately be a horrible GM.

• Upvote 1