I Want NOTHING To Do With Caleb Farley

KRL

20 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Agreed

If the Jets walked away from the Top 35 with Wilson, Jenkins and Farley...I’m not sure how any Jets fan could be anything less than ecstatic.

It would be disgraceful if they walked away with anything but offense at 2, 23 and 34.  

I am a Jet fan and would be very far from ecstatic.  

56 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It would be disgraceful if they walked away with anything but offense at 2, 23 and 34.  

I am a Jet fan and would be very far from ecstatic.  

I have no problem with a LB being mixed in with Zach and an OL with our first 3 picks, but as KRL said I have no interest in Farley or any other CB.  

Its very lazy for nfl writers to mock a CB to us as there is "a hole at #2 CB on the roster", I get that but it doesnt take into account a single actual fact about our defense.

First off, SF never picked a CB higher then round 4 in Saleh's entire tenure as DC there.  More importantly, his enter defense focuses on his LBs being able to cover and his safeties providing help in zone coverage.  He typically has 2 LBs that play almost all the snaps and 1 OLB who plays about 30%.  Jarrod Davis was signed to be the 30% guy and we simply dont have another starting OLB at the moment.  Blake Cashman may be a special teams contributor but thats his ceiling at this point, hes just not reliable and Onwuasor, while fast, is more of a 3-4 ILB then a true zone coverage LB.  So we need to fill this spot.

Likely we can do so if we trade back or at the top of the 3rd round (ironically where SF picked Fred Werner in 2018). But if someone like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is there at 23, JD is likely going to consider it, as he should.  

Best case for us would be for someone to love Zaven Collins and have him go before pick 23, pushing JOK or an OL down even further.

7 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I have no problem with a LB being mixed in with Zach and an OL with our first 3 picks, but as KRL said I have no interest in Farley or any other CB.  

Its very lazy for nfl writers to mock a CB to us as there is "a hole at #2 CB on the roster", I get that but it doesnt take into account a single actual fact about our defense.

First off, SF never picked a CB higher then round 4 in Saleh's entire tenure as DC there.  More importantly, his enter defense focuses on his LBs being able to cover and his safeties providing help in zone coverage.  He typically has 2 LBs that play almost all the snaps and 1 OLB who plays about 30%.  Jarrod Davis was signed to be the 30% guy and we simply dont have another starting OLB at the moment.  Blake Cashman may be a special teams contributor but thats his ceiling at this point, hes just not reliable and Onwuasor, while fast, is more of a 3-4 ILB then a true zone coverage LB.  So we need to fill this spot.

Likely we can do so if we trade back or at the top of the 3rd round (ironically where SF picked Fred Werner in 2018). But if someone like Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is there at 23, JD is likely going to consider it, as he should.  

Best case for us would be for someone to love Zaven Collins and have him go before pick 23, pushing JOK or an OL down even further.

I hear ya - having a strong pass rush would he helpful....

but taking anything but offense would be entirely irresponsible.  

I look at this and honestly can't understand how everyone doesn't see it this way.  it's the only thing that makes any sense.

• Upvote 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:24 AM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

While I do think JD is the type to take a chance on a kid that may miss time early in his career, at 23 he seems more and more like a reach. 

With two back surgeries, I wouldn't even think about him until our second third round pick (if we've already drafted some IOL), But I think he will be gone by then.  But he could end up being a huge bargain for someone.

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

With two back surgeries, I wouldn't even think about him until our second third round pick (if we've already drafted some IOL), But I think he will be gone by then.  But he could end up being a huge bargain for someone.

I'm starting to agree with this thinking but also remember the Knicks went the "safe" route with Kevin Knox over the riskier Michael Porter JR coming off the same back surgery. 

Passing on Farley could be almost as big of a gamble as taking him. 

• Upvote 1