Interesting interview with Steve Young on Zach Wilson with the Jets

Jetsbb

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That interview would have been soooo damn intriguing if Young would have simply given an example of those "small, underappreciated" things that us regular fans don't know that the NFL coaches swooned for.

Go watch the Kurt Warner video...he shows exactly what that means.

• Upvote 1

Love how Young emphasized the number of wins doesnt matter this year.  Like I have been saying all along.  

This is step 1 in building for the 2023 season.  That is the year that this team is going to be abe to play with anyone in the league and we become perennial super bowl contenders.

Enjoy Jet fans!!!  Our time is right around the corner!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Love how Young emphasized the number of wins doesnt matter this year.  Like I have been saying all along.  

This is step 1 in building for the 2023 season.  That is the year that this team is going to be abe to play with anyone in the league and we become perennial super bowl contenders.

The perpetual 3-year rebuild.

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

Each day that we get closer to the draft the pit in my stomach grows.

I can't help but think trading Sam instead of the 2nd will be JDs Kyle Brady moment.

Wilson makes Lance Bass look like John Rambo.  I hope im wrong.

What do looks have to do with anything anyway? 

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Peyton Manning year one 3-13 year two 13-3.. His RB was Marshall Faulk and his go to receiver was Marvin Harrison..

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Peyton Manning year one 3-13 year two 13-3.. His RB was Marshall Faulk and his go to receiver was Marvin Harrison..

Yes, but I dont think we will be that bad.  Saleh is goin to have these guys playing with their hair on fire.  I see 5-7 wins year 1.  Anything more would be a downright miracle job by coach.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Yes, but I dont think we will be that bad.  Saleh is goin to have these guys playing with their hair on fire.  I see 5-7 wins year 1.  Anything more would be a downright miracle job by coach.

Did you believe Chaddy cakes would take the `1-15 Fins to 11-5 in 2008?? Miracles happen..B)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

"Nah.... we don't need no stinking running back until round 6"!

I think I've read that one thousand times on this board. Zach needs WEAPONES!!

1994 NFL Draft - Wikipedia

Marshall Faulk, running back from San Diego State, drafted 1st round 2nd overall by Indianapolis Colts. Inducted: class of 2011. Larry Allen, offensive guard from .

18 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

"Nah.... we don't need no stinking running back until round 6"!

I think I've read that one thousand times on this board. Zach needs WEAPONES!!

1994 NFL Draft - Wikipedia

Marshall Faulk, running back from San Diego State, drafted 1st round 2nd overall by Indianapolis Colts. Inducted: class of 2011. Larry Allen, offensive guard from .

And they traded Faulk to the Rams and drafted Edgerrin James 1st rd pick 4 to replace him..

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Back in the day when it was said you need a trio.  A QB, a WR and a RB and then build around them.

• Upvote 2