Interesting interview with Steve Young on Zach Wilson with the Jets

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

If you can't debunk the pure talent, go for something superficial like the head band or his girlish figure (if you liken him to girls that are 6-2 215).  

That's a huge bitch!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You literally always are.

Start 4 minutes in  

This is old, loser thinking.  We dont do that around here anymore.  Joe D and Rob Saleh have eradicated that type of thinking.  Time for you to get on board.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

We'll be fine. We've still some of those cupcakes we gave to Dont'a Hightower that time he came to visit. 

7631da9ea08b999bcb6037b17044b5b9.jpg

Hell, I'll be the Jets QB if they give me some cupcakes.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Sam knew. The brown tie was a giveaway of where his affections lay.

If Zach wears a red tie, we'll know his heart lies in the Bay Area. But hey, crushing a kid's dream of going to Cleveland to now San Francisco is progress. We're trending up. 

sam-darnold-2018-draft-jetsjpg.jpg

3771308_SamDarnoldDraftFace.jpg.e862a1cbd79c330a39bf0fa5d90d6809.jpg

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The broken Jets fan in me is getting paranoid that the Jags are gonna shock people and take Wilson. I know they aren't going to, but broken Jets fan issues.

and if they do.. we get Lawrence.. so win win

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. He should demand a trade.

2. If he doesn’t want to be a Jet, it will be uncomfortable, especially when/if he sucks early on

I would rather get fields this way, so I don’t have to me miserable if Wilson is great. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The broken Jets fan in me is getting paranoid that the Jags are gonna shock people and take Wilson. I know they aren't going to, but broken Jets fan issues.

Broken jet fanism has been cured.  The perscription is Douglas/Saleh.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

Each day that we get closer to the draft the pit in my stomach grows.

I can't help but think trading Sam instead of the 2nd will be JDs Kyle Brady moment.

Wilson makes Lance Bass look like John Rambo.  I hope im wrong.

Relaxing Slow Down GIF by AsmodeeGames

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This interview is so embarrassing for the Jets organization. 

It’s like listening to a mother trying to accept and rationalize that her daughter is dating a crackhead.

“But this time its different! He got a job...interview...at SafeWay!”

I am hopeful with Douglas + Saleh + LaFleur + Wilson. But this really crystallizes how pathetic this team is. 

You can FEEL the anxiety that poppa Wilson has for his son, asking Steve Young “please tell me it’s going to be okay.....please..”

What? I can be as pessimistic as anyone but Young said verbatim he would trust his son with the Jets’ quarterback coach and is happy with the staff they’ve assembled. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, PS17 said:

What? I can be as pessimistic as anyone but Young said verbatim he would trust his son with the Jets’ quarterback coach and is happy with the staff they assembled. 

Yes agreed. But historically, the very mention of getting drafted by the Jets is such a death sentence. 

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Yes agreed. But historically, the very mention of getting drafted by the Jets is such a death sentence. 

Until it isn’t. The Browns and Bills were a wasteland too, as Young pointed out. They got the right GM and coach and changed their fortune. 

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Until it isn’t. The Browns and Bills were a wasteland too, as Young pointed out. They got the right GM and coach and changed their fortune. 

Very true.

Quick! Which Carlin special is this from:

“Never mind those people at the bus stop...if they knew any better they wouldn’t be riding the bus...”

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Very true.

Quick! Which Carlin special is this from:

“Never mind those people at the bus stop...if they knew any better they wouldn’t be riding the bus...”

Complaints and Grievances? (A great alternate descriptor of JetNation)

• Upvote 1

Steve Young <to Zach Wilson>: If you end up on the Jets, it’s your fault.

Jets fans: Haha that’s so awesome the Jets are clearly a dream destination.

• Haha 2
Just now, PS17 said:

Complaints and Grievances? (A great alternate descriptor of JetNation)

Yup!! Extension of him talking about nail clipping obsession. Randomly popped in my head today while I was driving home from work and seeing a crowded bus stop. 

Then I saw you here and worlds collided my friend.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

If they do that you trade Trevor for a kings ransom. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yup!! Extension of him talking about nail clipping obsession. Randomly popped in my head today while I was driving home from work and seeing a crowded bus stop. 

Then I saw you here and worlds collided my friend.

Complaints and Grievances was my first introduction to GC. I was around ten years old when I watched with my brother, who had it on DVD. Guys Named Todd was my favorite bit; I would howl laughing. George is a legend and he is greatly missed. He saw the world like few did. 

5 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Geez.  Imagine if Wilson ISN’T the pick next week. Lol

This seems like the most sure thing I can ever remember in terms of a Jets draft pick.

Is there literally zero mystery at this point?

17 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Complaints and Grievances was my first introduction to GC. I was around ten years old when I watched with my brother, who had it on DVD. Guys Named Todd was my favorite bit; I would howl laughing. George is a legend and he is greatly missed. He saw the world like few did. 

You’re All Diseased is my #1 Carlin special, but they’re all great.

Whenever the question “if you could have a conversation with anyone...ever dead or alive” is asked to me....

George Carlin is my answer.

5 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

A video breaking down plays from Wilson featuring Mark Sanchez is like a round table discussion about domestic abuse featuring Bobby Brown.

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

A video breaking down plays from Wilson featuring Mark Sanchez is like a round table discussion about domestic abuse featuring Bobby Brown.

Wouldnt that mean Sanchez would be qualified because he knows what hes talking about? 😎

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

You’re All Diseased is my #1 Carlin special, but they’re all great.

Whenever the question “if you could have a conversation with anyone...ever dead or alive” is asked to me....

George Carlin is my answer.

I’m right there with you.