Orlando Brown to KC

nycdan

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

He only wanted to play left tackle 

Fair enough...the point really is the handing of the line so far has been piss poor and trading for a 24 year old pro bowl lineman isn't a stupid move it's brilliant....they basically just gave up a late one.

• Upvote 3

Just now, undertow said:

Fair enough...the point really is the handing of the line so far has been piss poor and trading for a 24 year old pro bowl lineman isn't a stupid move it's brilliant. 

Yeah I agree, I just wish he would’ve been cool playing RT here 

• Upvote 1

The teams between 24 and 33 will be picking OL in quantity.

If the Jets want to pick up an OL without really reaching at 34 (like a Spencer Brown, etc.), they will need to pick one at 23.

My mocks show the CBs and OTs going before 23.  I believe AVT will be there at 23.

Fun times. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Absolutely no idea why the Ravens trade him in the conference. To the Chiefs - really? Come on man

I've said it before, other than maybe young QB I personally would never have an issue trading in division.  If KC offered the best value worry about making your team better.  I know most do not agree but if I feel I am getting the best of a deal I do not care if I am trading with Miami or Buff or NE.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

It’s not even fair in the nfl with the chiefs if the league..

Lets hope the NFL doesn’t become as boring as the NBA with just a host of teams with a shot 

There's nothing stopping the Jets from being the chiefs

They operate under the same salary cap 

36 minutes ago, varjet said:

The teams between 24 and 33 will be picking OL in quantity.

If the Jets want to pick up an OL without really reaching at 34 (like a Spencer Brown, etc.), they will need to pick one at 23.

My mocks show the CBs and OTs going before 23.  I believe AVT will be there at 23.

Fun times. 

Looking back at it Spencer brown at 34 probably won't be a reach 

He's a physical specimen but needs like 2 or more seasons to come on 

Obviously that's not the KC chiefs timetable 

1 hour ago, undertow said:

They just spent 75 mil in free agency signing a rusher to a 16 mil a year contract , #2 WR to a 10 mil a year contract, and a DT to a 8 mil a year contract....it's not unreasonable to ask why the line wasn't a priority in free agency considering we have one good lineman and are drafting a QB....but hey lets draft a pass rusher at 23. lol

It goes to show just how valuable O lineman are. Good ones rarely hit FA and if they do are cost prohibitive not to mention they get to choose the team they sign with.

If JD is serious about building through the draft he needs to make the OL a top priority on day one and day two. We'll see what's he all about come late Friday night.

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Yeah I agree, I just wish he would’ve been cool playing RT here 

I think RT vs LT is all about money. He'll be happy playing RT if he's paid like an LT. Good OL's need both tackles to play well. Edge rushers line up at different positions and good teams have more than one dangerous edge.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Big_Slick said:

It goes to show just how valuable O lineman are. Good ones rarely hit FA and if they do are cost prohibitive not to mention they get to choose the team they sign with.

If JD is serious about building through the draft he needs to make the OL a top priority on day one and day two. We'll see what's he all about come late Friday night.

I feel like a veteran guard like Zeitler should have been signed plus drafting a few.  They could have cut Van Rotten and Lewis to offset the price.  If they draft a few high next week ill shut up about it. lol

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Our GM and fan base seem more concerned about "value"and "not over paying" than building a winning team.

When JD trades down in the 2nd or 3rd people are gonna loose their sh*t like it's a genius at work.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Most jet fans need "We are building through the draft" stapled on their forehead.

Joe D told you what hes doing and you still dont get it.  Just unreal.

Joe, before you harangue Jet Fans for not getting it,  lets see what he does in the draft.  last year's OL was the worst yet we have 2/3 of it back for another go but hey the new zone blocking scheme is going to help fix that even if the talent - except for LT - is average at best.  

I get what he is doing but man he better fix the OL or else...

1 hour ago, undertow said:

They just spent 75 mil in free agency signing a rusher to a 16 mil a year contract , #2 WR to a 10 mil a year contract, and a DT to a 8 mil a year contract....it's not unreasonable to ask why the line wasn't a priority in free agency considering we have one good lineman and are drafting a QB....but hey lets draft a pass rusher at 23. lol

There were only 2 OL worth going after. One signed a record breaking deal with the team that was in the Super Bowl the last 2 years (Jets price would have been far higher) and the second one signed with a team with an up and coming elite QB.

I firmly believe we wanted Thuney and just got the doors kicked down by KC. OL is still a priority.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

There were only 2 OL worth going after. One signed a record breaking deal with the team that was in the Super Bowl the last 2 years (Jets price would have been far higher) and the second one signed with a team with an up and coming elite QB.

I firmly believe we wanted Thuney and just got the doors kicked down by KC. OL is still a priority.

I'm not even upset about Thuney or Linsey but there were guys like Zeitler and Jackson on the market that would have been upgrades in the short term...banking on the worst O-line in the league getting much better next year because of a few rookies seems like a bad idea.  I guess we will have to get Wilson murdered this year for there to be some urgency. 

• Upvote 1

KC was down to zero OLmen who were even close to average (never mind any who were above average) before March FA. Fisher is a question mark to return this season, for all the optimism that he’ll be ready by August, and on paper is a FA right now. They had no LT and now they have one. Brown doesn’t want to be a RT anymore (he made that much known already).

Schwartz was already gone as well.

Ultimately the net - at least so far - is that they replaced two above-avearage starters from one year ago with two above-average starters a year later.

This isn’t a situation where they had their 2 good offensive linemen and just added 2 more. Not by a long shot. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, undertow said:

I'm not even upset about Thuney or Linsey but there were guys like Zeitler and Jackson on the market that would have been upgrades in the short term...banking on the worst O-line in the league getting much better next year because of a few rookies seems like a bad idea.  I guess we will have to get Wilson murdered this year for there to be some urgency. 

The Jets don’t have the worst OL in the league. It’s certainly not the best either, but it looked a lot worse than they are on paper for a variety of reasons.

One guard at 23 or 34 and it’s at least an average OL. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I dunno, that one first round pick on OL in 15 years seems to have fixed the entire everything all we need is an injury prone qb

FYI: This "injury prone" QB you speak of has missed fewer starts over the last three years than Sam Darnold - who you were desperate to build around

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

The Jets don’t have the worst OL in the league. It’s certainly not the best either, but it looked a lot worse than they are on paper for a variety of reasons.

It was ranked 29th by PFF....don't think a rookie guard brings that up to average unless Mcgovern has a bounce back year and they actually make the right pick.  Guess I'm just a little more worried about destroying another rookie QBs career then getting a pass rusher or DT but that's just me

• Upvote 1

i love how everyone here is saying.... JD look. take note, this is how you build a OL.

would any of you want to do this trade for Brown? give up #23, a 3rd, 4th and a 5th. ? i doubt that very much.

would you want to spend the money it took to get Thuney? i doubt it very much.

you guys better prepare yourselves, i dont want anybody taking a jump off the Verrazano, but if we draft a OL at 23, you can forget one in the 1sr rd next year. no way we use 3 1sr rd picks 3 years in a row on the line.

Thuney and Brown were 3rd rd picks. most teams only have one 1sr rd starter on the line. only a few have 2. one NO has 3. 

if JD is a good GM he can find the Thuneys and Browns in the later rounds. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

been trying to tell people the same thing.

maybe ....just maybe the line looked so bad cause Sam held the ball too long? 

a bunch of QBs who were on winning teams like Josh Allen and Russ Wilson had less time to throw and faced more blitzs than sam. 

sorry, it wasnt sams fault... it was all Adam Gase. Carolina is in for a rude awakening if they believe that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

i love how everyone here is saying.... JD look. take note, this is how you build a OL.

would any of you want to do this trade for Brown? give up #23, a 3rd, 4th and a 5th. ? i doubt that very much.

would you want to spend the money it took to get Thuney? i doubt it very much.

you guys better prepare yourselves, i dont want anybody taking a jump off the Verrazano, but if we draft a OL at 23, you can forget one in the 1sr rd next year. no way we use 3 1sr rd picks 3 years in a row on the line.

Thuney and Brown were 3rd rd picks. most teams only have one 1sr rd starter on the line. only a few have 2. one NO has 3. 

if JD is a good GM he can find the Thuneys and Browns in the later rounds. 

You realize KC got a 2nd and 6th back with Brown right?  They basically gave up the 31st...a better comp would be would you give up the 34th for a pro bowl tackle that's 24.  Of course you would.

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

been trying to tell people the same thing.

maybe ....just maybe the line looked so bad cause Sam held the ball too long? 

a bunch of QBs who were on winning teams like Josh Allen and Russ Wilson had less time to throw and faced more blitzs than sam. 

sorry, it wasnt sams fault... it was all Adam Gase. Carolina is in for a rude awakening if they believe that. 

You can't make this sh*t up...now we are blaming Darnold for our line sucking. lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Average at best which is simply not good enough.

55 minutes ago, undertow said:

You can't make this sh*t up...now we are blaming Darnold for our line sucking. lol

That's been going on for months

McCagnan drafts 3 oline in 5 years.  Douglas adds a good rookie in Bection (who missed time) and sweet F all else.

the oline stinks for the most part and it is the 23 year old QBs fault.  FFS the center could not even snap the ball to him in year one.

I swear this forum is chock full of McCagnan mentality.  The oline is an inconvenience, I mean do we really have to spend one of our 3rd rounders on a guard?  Can;t we get one later on?

F'ck me

• Haha 1