Kurt Warner: Zach Wilson Is the Right QB for the Jets at #2 | The Rich Eisen Show | 4/23/21

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oh for Pete’s sake. I turned it off after 1 minute, because he just said Patrick Mahomes over and over.

Nobody projected Mahomes to be this special. So, you’ll understand if I roll my eyes at all those same nobodies who are now lazily comparing this kid to Mahomes.

Watch till the end. There’s a whole segment where Warner breaks down his foofy hair. 

You’re one to “roll your eyes”. 

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I get that Wilson looks like a 12 year old, narrow shouldered Marcy D’Arcy.

I’ve been clowning him over it since November.

But there’s little doubt that the kid is chock full of potential and a sh*tload of natural talent.

He’s the pick. I know that we have plenty of Fields fans around here, but it’s not happening. I’m not even convinced that he’ll go off the board before guys like Jones or Lance.

Maybe that ends up being a colossal blunder or completely justified.

But it is what it is

Trevor Lawrence will be a Jaguar and Zach Wilson will be a Jet. It’s pretty crystal at this point.

Put simply... Zach Wilson has enough talent to develop into a top 10 QB with the...CORRECT coaching and roster support.

It’s simple. Good organizations produce good QB’s. Theres no magic behind it. Good companies make good products.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
11 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Put simply... Zach Wilson has enough talent to develop into a top 10 QB with the...CORRECT coaching and roster support.

It’s simple. Good organizations produce good QB’s. Theres no magic behind it. Good companies make good products.

Yeah, but they can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap. Let's hope Wilson is the cock of the walk and JD, Salah and company develop him into a top 5-10 FQB and the Jets into a contender.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, PS17 said:

Not true. Several people on this forum thought Mahomes was special before the draft. This thread (from Mahomes’ final year in college) is a fun read knowing what we know now:

I’m talking about the media.

I certainly agree with some of the Patrick Mahomes comparisons. He's super aggressive and creative with how he plays the game. Obviously ridiculous upside. I think people take the Mahomes stuff and get a-little crazy with it. They either get triggered or too excited. Mahomes is just a playing style. The range of Zach hitting or busting with that style is a completely different conversation. 

I am most excited to have a QB with a killer instinct for the first time ever as a Jet Fan. His aggressiveness is going to make this a pretty fun ride provided our line doesn't get him killed. 

• Post of the Week 1