Zach Wilson smells like trouble, let's stop nitpicking Trevor Lawrence ; Colin | NFL | THE HERD... Colin Herd CRAPS on Zach... 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

He's made one great move Becton and a bunch of questions 

"overwhelming majority of great moves" please don't hesitate to provide examples 

Jeff Smith? 

Do your own research. 

Have already presented at least a dozen examples that you have chosen to ignore. 

But you keep cherry-picking. It suits you. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

A lot of his points are valid. Doesn’t mean Wilson is going to bust, but it’s a reality that the Jets are not an ideal landing spot for a young QB.

I think Wilson will overcome these hurdles. I also believe Douglas will surround him with quality players. Wilson is talented but it’s going to the entire organization to see this through.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What are we supposed to compare him to? 

There's still 5th Rd pick I guess that can be something... 

For right now crap. He didn’t show anything Leos been in the league a bit and with mentors   like Mo and Shelly? In a contract season? We all know exactly what he was doing. Getting paid! We’d be lucky to see Ashtyn get to the point he’s playing for a contract, but comparing those two is bush league Bit! @CTM

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Are not small school programs. 

Thank you.

Your welcome.

I will admit Tennessee beat Kentucky at the back end of the season, usc beat Cal and ucla so they weren't terrible teams but at the end of the day BYU beat both of them with the Kickers leg and not wilson's arm.

14 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

but it’s a reality that the Jets are not an ideal landing spot for a young QB.

So Douglas Saleh LaFleur Ulbrich Boyer Austin Benton Calabrese Embree Knapp Manuel Middleton Moreland Oden Ollie Ruttenberg Whitecotton Brown is Gase or Mac or Idzick or Rex or Kotite or Coslett or Carroll or Leon Hess?

This is a totally new regime.

Nothing that had happened since the start of the BS Covid era had anything to do with this NY Jets team.

Get over it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

9 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Your welcome.

I will admit Tennessee beat Kentucky at the back end of the season, usc beat Cal and ucla so they weren't terrible teams but at the end of the day BYU beat both of them with the Kickers leg and not wilson's arm.

So nothing that happened in those games had anything to do with the 22 players on the field. 

Well done. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So nothing that happened in those games had anything to do with the 22 players on the field. 

Well done. 

Absolutely, the BYU defence really steped up in these games especially against Slovis who they intercepted 3 times in that day.

I'd advise you to go and take a look at the washington game in 2019, the last time Wilson faces a defence of any note but of course he was carrying a shoulder injury in to 2019 so that game does not count. The same shoulder injury he had when he helped his team get into a position where his kicker could win the games against usc and Tennessee.

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

A giant douche walks into the supermarket and says tofu burgers are way better than the Porter House steaks.... 1. Do you care? 2. Do you still buy the Porterhouse?. 3. Do you punch the guy in the face? 4. Do you buy the tofu burger ??

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Did you meet the giant douche on Tinder?

Are you even on Tinder? 

Asking for an acquaintance. 

@T0mShane

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He beat USC and Tenn.

He left those out.  Because they didn't win 10 games?

That's how you really know he's a hack and looking for an angle.  If he was trying to really tell a story you reference he beat those teams.

USC and Tennessee are not that good these days

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They really should find a way to sit Zach Wilson for a year here. Jets fans are burned out by the QB carousel, none of them have ever seen Wilson play in college, and they’re going to go insane when he starts out by sucking ass. Add to that, the kid looks like he’s an emo mush with a Lavar Ball-type dad, and it all adds up to Tim Couch. Start Bridgewater or Mullens or whoever for a year.

Yeah, a carousel like the one in 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' by Ray Bradbury where you're stuck on it while it plays creepy, disjointed carnival music and the horses look possessed and it spins faster and faster and you get older and older careening towards death and you can't jump off so it claims your soul as you lie on the plank floor gasping for breath and you die all ancient and and decrepit with your skeletal fingers bent and clawing at the air, your mouth glued open in a silent primal scream for all eternity much to the delight of the Devil and his minions. Great book.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, GreenFish said:

A lot of his points are valid. Doesn’t mean Wilson is going to bust, but it’s a reality that the Jets are not an ideal landing spot for a young QB.

I think Wilson will overcome these hurdles. I also believe Douglas will surround him with quality players. Wilson is talented but it’s going to the entire organization to see this through.

With the exception of 4 or 5 NFL teams the Jets may well be a great landing spot for Zach.   You have to trust the coaching staff.  If it's a great coaching staff the Jets are a tremendous landing spot.  If it's a terrible coaching staff the Jets will suck for years.  We simply don't know but there is reason for optimism until there isn't.  

KC and TB aren't looking for a QB and NO, SF and New England aren't in position to draft Zach.  

The negativity surrounding the Jets based on the past is absurd.  It's irrelevant to the current situation.    

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Good post.

I agree with all of this but am concerned with the bolded.

I just don't know if that's going to be the case...He made the offense worse for Darnold in his first off-season and hasn't done a whole lot in FA this year either.

I have hope he will do the right thing but I'm def. in a holding pattern.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Cowherd: "Aaron Rodgers was a hot mess his first year as a starter.  HIs team was 6-10."

Aaron Rodgers first year as a starter, the Packers had a top 10 offense in points (5th) and yardage (8th).  He completed over 63% of his passes and threw 28 TDs to 13 picks.  He was 4th in the NFL in passing yardage and 6th in the league in QB rating.  And Cowherd callls that a hot mess.

I have no idea if Zach Wilson will be any good as a pro.  But Cowherd's argument is riduclous.  He has zero credibility.

If ZW sat for 3 years and went 6-10 in year 4 everyone would get fired 

Again 

15 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

@bitonti would disagree.

His whole schtick is based on cherry picking and ignorance. 

I've been posting on message boards with Bitonti since 2003. I've never seen him once personally attack another poster.

You?

This new username isn't working out. This is your last warning, knock it off.

Mods...I just updated the peace frog thread in the mod forum. The next attack or woke bashing comment that he makes, please ban him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

For right now crap. He didn’t show anything Leos been in the league a bit and with mentors   like Mo and Shelly? In a contract season? We all know exactly what he was doing. Getting paid! We’d be lucky to see Ashtyn get to the point he’s playing for a contract, but comparing those two is bush league Bit! @CTM

I see nothing inappropriate with comparing Leonard Williams to the players the Jets drafted with the Leonard Williams picks 

That's literally the entire point, to get cheaper and better 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If ZW sat for 3 years and went 6-10 in year 4 everyone would get fired 

Again 

If ZW is a top 5 passer as a rookie and leads a top 10 offense like Rodgers did (in his first year as a starter) we should make the playoffs. 

I am not saying Wilson will be good.  I have no idea what he will be as a pro.  But Cowherd's argument is that Rodgers was a hot mess in his first year as a starter, after sitting three years, so how can you expect Wilson to succeed.  His premise is nonsense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I see nothing inappropriate with comparing Leonard Williams to the players the Jets drafted with the Leonard Williams picks 

That's literally the entire point, to get cheaper and better 

Yes in four years sure. But right now? Come on man! Plus Williams was literally added and not needed to a top five D line. Ashtyn was added to a defensive secondary almost as bad as Seattle’s. 

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

If ZW is a top 5 passer as a rookie and leads a top 10 offense like Rodgers did (in his first year as a starter) we should make the playoffs. 

I am not saying Wilson will be good.  I have no idea what he will be as a pro.  But Cowherd's argument is that Rodgers was a hot mess in his first year as a starter, after sitting three years, so how can you expect Wilson to succeed.  His premise is nonsense.

So you think we should sit him for three years before judging him ? ?

What does Rodgers sitting behind Favre for 3 years have to do with Wilson at all? Has any first round QB since Rodgers sat for 3 years? I’m confused how this is relevant in any way to Wilson or these other QBs. Can someone fill me in? What did I miss?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Be a much better scenario if we could start a vet and let the kid come along slower. Even half a year until the New Coach, New Oc, O line issues, other rookies and just the team as a whole starts to come along. I just see many growing pains for a variety of reasons and I’m afraid Zach will either be injured or spirit crushed in the process. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

What does Rodgers sitting behind Favre for 3 years have to do with Wilson at all? Has any first round QB since Rodgers sat for 3 years? I’m confused how this is relevant in any way to Wilson or these other QBs. Can someone fill me in? What did I miss?

I think the premise is he got to watch and  learn until being put in. Kinda crazy because that was a much better team than the Jets right now. I think Zach Wilson is ready for the NFl, just don’t think Jets are ready for him yet. They need a vet to bridge the gap, even it’s just for half the season for the newness to wear off this team. New OC, New coach and very likely new pieces to the O line. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

He's made one great move Becton and a bunch of questions 

"overwhelming majority of great moves" please don't hesitate to provide examples 

Jeff Smith? 

This is fair.

JD has been good at swapping talent for draft assets and cap space.  Not so good at actually acquiring talent. 

JD is not going to be perfect, but it's concerning that he's batting .200 with only one homer so far on acquiring.  It's early, he could go on a tear...

21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I've been posting on message boards with Bitonti since 2003. I've never seen him once personally attack another poster.

You?

This new username isn't working out. This is your last warning, knock it off.

Mods...I just updated the peace frog thread in the mod forum. The next attack or woke bashing comment that he makes, please ban him.

@bitonti and I have been going back and forth in what I thought was good natured banter. Bit, if I have insulted you or if you have taken anything I said even remotely as a personal attack I sincerely apologize. 

On 4/24/2021 at 11:16 AM, Savage69 said:

The compiler would compile more yards then Emmitt Smith didn't work out well for you..LOL

If you make a lot of predictions, some of them are going to be wrong, just how it is.

I got Amazon, Apple and Tesla right, got Bitcoin wrong! ?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

@bitonti and I have been going back and forth in what I thought was good natured banter. Bit, if I have insulted you or if you have taken anything I said even remotely as a personal attack I sincerely apologize. 

Maybe a name change to Kermit everyone likes that frog..B)

• Haha 1