Zach Wilson smells like trouble, let's stop nitpicking Trevor Lawrence ; Colin | NFL | THE HERD... Colin Herd CRAPS on Zach... 

I don't like Cowherd, his predictions are way out there at times, like last year he predicted Lock would be MVP of the league.

Saying that he is not predicting anything here, he is just pointing out facts and saying the expectations for Wilson need to be rained in. In a roundabout way He is saying we need to sit Wilson while we get our s**t together and I completely agree with that but don't think it's going to happen.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I don't like Cowherd, his predictions are way out there at times, like last year he predicted Lock would be MVP of the league.

Saying that he is not predicting anything here, he is just pointing out facts and saying the expectations for Wilson need to be rained in. In a roundabout way He is saying we need to sit Wilson while we get our s**t together and I completely agree with that but don't think it's going to happen.

you'd have a point if that's all he's said about Wilson. He's been more critical of his ability. Expectations would have to be lowered no matter which QB the Jets took, but he certainly would not be making that point if the Jets had #1 pick and was primed be taken Lawrence.. who believe it or not has flaws.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They really should find a way to sit Zach Wilson for a year here. Jets fans are burned out by the QB carousel, none of them have ever seen Wilson play in college, and they’re going to go insane when he starts out by sucking ass. Add to that, the kid looks like he’s an emo mush with a Lavar Ball-type dad, and it all adds up to Tim Couch. Start Bridgewater or Mullens or whoever for a year.

I agree with sitting since this team is trash and they are installing a new system but I would still start him and just run the ball a TON. Regardless of success. This will be an easy way to have the team gel and let him get the feel of live NFL action. They have to be very conservative given how horrible this team is. That’s why I hate drafting young QBs into terrible situations. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

you'd have a point if that's all he's said about Wilson. He's been more critical of his ability. Expectations would have to be lowered no matter which QB the Jets took, but he certainly would not be making that point if the Jets had #1 pick and was primed be taken Lawrence.. who believe it or not has flaws.

I didn't see his previous take on Wilson as I say I tend not to pay attention to cowherd as he is the ultimate spoofer of a talking head.

If we took lawerance or wilson in this draft the 2021 season would be a big let down for most casual fans because of the expectations and amount of superlatives that have been put on both these quarterbacks and there is no way they can live up to it in year one.

There has been critique of Wilson people don't like to hear and shoot it down straight away but it's a massive jump from BYU to leading an NFL franchise and If we manage Wilson correctly he has ability to be the quarterback he is been built up to be but it's up to Joe Douglas, leflour and salah to put Wilson in the right situation and if that means waiting until 2022 till he plays I'm ok with that because what's one more year after 50 plus years of mostly crap if it means we can be successful for 10 years.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I agree with sitting since this team is trash and they are installing a new system but I would still start him and just run the ball a TON. Regardless of success. This will be an easy way to have the team gel and let him get the feel of live NFL action. They have to be very conservative given how horrible this team is. That’s why I hate drafting young QBs into terrible situations. 

I don’t know that it benefits him or the team to put him out there to hand off 35 times per game. He’s not even physically ready to survive in the NFL. Let someone else take the beating, then slide him in if/when it looks like he and the offense can compete. What’s the rush?

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

If I were to draw a face that looks like it most needs to be punched, it’d come up looking like Colin Cowherd. I digress... the manziel comparison is laughable, but the stats he referenced are not. Wilson has been downright dreadful against reasonable competition.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He beat USC and Tenn.

He left those out.  Because they didn't win 10 games?

That's how you really know he's a hack and looking for an angle.  If he was trying to really tell a story you reference he beat those teams.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know that it benefits him or the team to put him out there to hand off 35 times per game. He’s not even physically ready to survive in the NFL. Let someone else take the beating, then slide him in if/when it looks like he and the offense can compete. What’s the rush?

You just couldn't help yourself.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If sitting Wilson for a year is a smart move,(and it probably is), i would rather have drafted Lance. Sit him for a year, year and a half even, and then give him the ball. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It's interesting that this site doesn't really agree on anything...

Except I can't think of anyone that thinks we should be throwing this kid out there to start the season.  Especially considering we've only added a #2 WR to the least talented offense in the NFL.

And if our fans have it their way - we're going to take a CB at #23.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They really should find a way to sit Zach Wilson for a year here. Jets fans are burned out by the QB carousel, none of them have ever seen Wilson play in college, and they’re going to go insane when he starts out by sucking ass. Add to that, the kid looks like he’s an emo mush with a Lavar Ball-type dad, and it all adds up to Tim Couch. Start Bridgewater or Mullens or whoever for a year.

Everybody is going to make this about Wilson and I know you’re killing him here too but somebody please give me the list of rookie quarterbacks who have transcended bad situations they were drafted into.

This is the supporting cast that ruined Darnold - plus Corey Davis, Keelan Cole, and rookies - with everyone learning a new system.

Although it’s not like the two superstar quarterbacks everyone compares Wilson to sat at least their rookie seasons and came into stable situations. Actually, wait a second...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I disagree that he’s not physically ready to survive in the league, 6-2 215 is plenty sturdy enough to play QB in the NFL(he’s a whole 1lb heavier than Lawrence who’s a stick insect out there) where I do agree is there is zero harm in sitting him to begin with and building a cohesive unit around him first. There’s a reason Mahomes hit the ground running the way he did and it wasn’t just his talent, the situation was perfect for him.

Bridgewater would make a ton of sense here, wonder if Carolina parts with him post draft depending on how things shake out?. His contract seems to make him staying with the Panthers the overriding likelihood but we have the cap to take it on and perhaps the Panthers accept a favourable trade.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1