Zach Wilson smells like trouble, let's stop nitpicking Trevor Lawrence ; Colin | NFL | THE HERD... Colin Herd CRAPS on Zach... 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They really should find a way to sit Zach Wilson for a year here. Jets fans are burned out by the QB carousel, none of them have ever seen Wilson play in college, and they’re going to go insane when h

Every time I hear this moron talk I just feel bad for us as a society.  He makes literally MILLIONS of dollars simply because the general public cant understand the difference between actual intellige

Posted Images

Just now, T0mShane said:

How is this relevant to Zach Wilson being small?

It’s relevant because I want to know why they didn’t participate. Did they also have bad weight? 

Just now, Tranquilo said:

I just want to know, did they also have bad weight? 

Trevor Lawrence is skinny and he worked out early to get a labrum surgery. His weight issue was not having enough 

Trey Lance is a physical stud but just like how Wentz busted in Philly taking a dude from nowhere Dakota and putting him in the east coast megalopolis is culturally risky 

Google Wentz house in North Jersey he bought a lot on 20 acres in Central NJ to pretend he was home 

You want me to bash those guys no problem 

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He didn’t run at his pro day, or do any agility drills. You’d do that if you were carrying bad weight.

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Exactly. He didn't work out at all. He only did drills. We don't have a 40, a 3 cone, vert, broad... nothing... Because he was bulking dirty for the scale 

That hamstring story was exactly that a story 

Wasn’t he 210 at the combine medical check like two or three weeks later? I don’t think he’s 200 pounds but the water weight theory isn’t exactly asinine.

• Upvote 1
Just now, bitonti said:

Trevor Lawrence is skinny and he worked out early to get a labrum surgery. His weight issue was not having enough 

Trey Lance is a physical stud but just like how Wentz busted in Philly taking a dude from nowhere Dakota and putting him in the east coast megalopolis is culturally risky 

Google Wentz house in North Jersey he bought a lot on 20 acres in Central NJ to pretend he was home 

You want me to bash those guys no problem 

I just want to know why they didn’t participate in their drills, not their life stories. Did they have bad weight? 

1 minute ago, GreenReaper said:

Why is Cowherd referring to 2018 & 2019 games?  Why not including ZW's impressive 2020 season games?  

Look...I don't care at all if you're worried about ZW for QB NYJ.  You have a right to that opinion.  But research and decide for yourself without leaning on sources like this.  There are way better sources to lean on then Cowherd.

I've been personally pretty neutral on Wilson vs Fields.  Maybe slightly leaning towards ZW for his pre and post snap reads.  His kind of instinctive off platform and throwing angle abilities.  And his incessant film study and obsessive desire to find ways to improve.  Seems very dedicated to the sport.  

But none of that would matter to me if JD-Saleh and LaFleur were not impressed with Wilson.  I view our GM-HC-CS as well respected individuals within this league.  Deserving to be in the positions they occupy.

And I sincerely don't mean to be disrespectful to the football acumen of JNers here.  But I'll take the research, analysis and evaluations Jets brain trust has come to...that has lead them to pick Wilson as the new reset QB for the NYJ.  Over the JN posters that have been hysterically opposing the Jets QB choice.  I simply trust JD-Saleh-LaFleur way more to get this right then myself or anyone else here.

Of course I have concerns...opinions.  IMO...I'd prefer to see a rookie QB to at least sit for awhile.  The whole season if necessary.  Meanwhile...continuing to build this team around him.   But that decision is their call.  And yea...they have to get it right.  Who they pick...and when to start him.

Mostly I'm excited and looking forward to this new JD-Saleh Era.  With a rookie reset at QB.  Be it Wilson or Fields.    

By the way...here's the 2020 Boise State vs BYU

Download video

Here's the 2020 San Diego State vs BYU

Download video

Honest question what has jd done to earn our respect? 

The Ryan Kalil signing? Kaare vedvik? Jabari Zuniga? 

We just lived through the worst Jets season for 30 years 

JD has this great reputation and it's completely undeserved 

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I see how you’re playing this 

No point in discussing something with someone who can’t admit when they’re wrong 

He's better then I expected, I've admitted that many times.  That doesnt mean he's good.  He's a game manager, he's good enough and Stefanski did an incredible job of acclimating him to his system.  It helps when you have an absolutely loaded team but like I said much better then expected but this is still a guy I watched sh*t the bed vs. a 1 win Jets team last year, lets not pretend he's special or worthy of the #1 overall pick.

2 minutes ago, derp said:

It just makes so much sense. Get stability on the offensive line, let the run game get rolling, buy yourself a year to add a little more talent and have a primary passing game option...

I know the talent on the team looks better, the WR depth chart is an improvement, but it’s all still bad. And all of the guys who have been successful as young QB’s have had a legitimate go to guy in the passing game.

I realize it won’t happen but man if Pitts slides go trade 23, 34, and Carolina’s second next year to go get him. Meinerz and Kendrick Green in the third round. Kick McGovern to guard. Dayo Odeyingbo, Buddy Johnson, Ben Mason, Nick Niemann, and Kene Nwangwu day three. Got the primary passing game option, remade the interior of the offensive line, added two fast linebackers, a fullback, a running back with wheels who plays special teams, and a big athletic edge prospect, didn’t break the day three captain rule, and still have two first round picks next year to keep building the roster. Sign Steven Nelson if you feel like you need a corner and Mullens to take a beating while the line gels. Start of a football team.

My one genuine hope for Douglas and Saleh and this scheme in general is that they stop spending early draft capital on stupid positions - particularly ones the staff should be able to identify and develop. Linebacker this year is a great one. Pretty sure they have no long-term answer and there are a bunch of day three captains who can run. Bring in a couple of those guys and show me they can be starters this year or next.

This GM run has been so, so bad that we’re not used to the Jets developing starters with those day three picks...but that’s what good franchises do.

If there’s one ray of light right now, it’s that Douglas spent three of his first four picks on an OLT, WR, EDGE, and refused to spend big money on a strong safety. This year, he’s going to use his first picks on a QB and, presumably, an edge or a CB1. It seems he understands positional value, and knows where to go cheap. I wonder if he shows the patience to sit the QB at all, or decides to push all his chips in

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How is this relevant to Zach Wilson being small?

He’s not small, he is over 6”2 and 21 years old. He can easily put on 10lbs in the next 4 months which will put him at 215 playing weight 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I see how you’re playing this 

No point in discussing something with someone who can’t admit when they’re wrong 

Yet, you responded.

Admit it, you love me. 

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I get that he weighed 215, but not all 215’s are the same 

Oh like the “which weighs more-215 pounds of cotton candy or 215 pounds of lasagna?”

Actually, 215 pounds is exactly 215 pounds. 

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I just want to know why they didn’t participate in their drills, not their life stories. Did they have bad weight? 

TL did not have time to prepare before his surgery. He worked out in mid Feb 

As for trey Lance, there's GPS data of him going 21 mph on the field. He runs 4.5 consistently 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/trey-lance-40-yard-dash-pro-day/apq8te72kumr15kvotxfb3ljr

Now you explain why wilson didn't run 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t know that it benefits him or the team to put him out there to hand off 35 times per game. He’s not even physically ready to survive in the NFL. Let someone else take the beating, then slide him in if/when it looks like he and the offense can compete. What’s the rush?

I don't have many rebuilds left before I die. 😆

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Just now, bitonti said:

TL did not have time to prepare before his surgery. He worked out in mid April 

As for trey Lance, there's GPS data of him going 21 mph on the field. He runs 4.5 consistently 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/trey-lance-40-yard-dash-pro-day/apq8te72kumr15kvotxfb3ljr

He has time now. And Trey Lance had time always. Why didn’t they participate?  

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m sorry, you must of missed last season.

Nah, I watched him lose to the 1 win Jets, it was amusing.

Just now, SupaPico said:

what is Aaron Rodgers 40 time? 

If the Jets were picking ZW at 23 and letting him sit, it wouldn't be as bad 

Aaron Rodgers went 24 and sat 3 seasons 

Alex Smith ran a 4.6 and went 1

The top of the draft is always about physical upside 

ZW has no physical upside 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

It’s relevant because I want to know why they didn’t participate. Did they also have bad weight? 

I’m still not getting it. This is what Trey Lance looks like. He’s 6’4, 225 lbs. His physical size is not a question. 

429191B4-C219-490A-9E58-7C925A0B8727.jpeg

• Upvote 1
Just now, bitonti said:

If the Jets were picking ZW at 23 and letting him sit, it wouldn't be as bad 

Aaron Rodgers went 24 and sat 3 seasons 

Alex Smith ran a 4.6 and went 1

The top of the draft is always about physical upside 

ZW has no physical upside 

what an absurd point, so you don’t think Rodgers should have been drafted before Smith? Or Mahomes (4.8 40) should have been drafted before trubisky? Nonsense 

Wilson has the most physical upside of any QB in this draft, because of you know, his arm. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

He has time now. And Trey Lance had time always. Why didn’t they participate?  

I just told you trey Lance wears a GPS and was recorded moving almost 22 mph 

If ZW had that kind of numbers on the field I would accept he's fast 

Trevor Lawrence by the way won a natty as a freshman. He's earned his skip 

ZW won "the Idaho potato bowl" and has no gps 

It's not the same. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m still not getting it. This is what Trey Lance looks like. He’s 6’4, 225 lbs. His physical size is not a question. 

ZW is the perfect prospect, as long as you don't look at him 

His agent prefers that you imagine him being awesome

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Honest question what has jd done to earn our respect? 

The Ryan Kalil signing? Kaare vedvik? Jabari Zuniga? 

We just lived through the worst Jets season for 30 years 

JD has this great reputation and it's completely undeserved 

I think you should reserve definitive conclusions on JD until after these next two seasons. 

I see his 1st full season as a step backwards to reset this team (minus Gase + Saleh) to leap forward into perennial playoff contention.  If this 2022 season doesn't result into a playoff one...I will join you in trashing JD...for sure.   

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So why didn’t he do the drills? Justin Fields looks like a beast and he did them. 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

ZW is the perfect prospect, as long as you don't look at him 

His agent prefers that you imagine him being awesome

BYU football pro day: Zach Wilson, others audition for 2021 NFL draft -  Deseret News

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I just told you trey Lance wears a GPS and was recorded moving almost 22 mph 

If ZW had that kind of numbers on the field I would accept he's fast 

Trevor Lawrence by the way won a natty as a freshman. He's earned his skip 

ZW won "the Idaho potato bowl" and has no gps 

It's not the same. 

The drills are more than just a GPS. Justin Fields won stuff and he still did them. Why didn’t Trey and Trevor do them? 

1 minute ago, SupaPico said:

what an absurd point, so you don’t think Rodgers should have been drafted before Smith? Or Mahomes (4.8 40) should have been drafted before trubisky? Nonsense 

Wilson has the most physical upside of any QB in this draft, because of you know, his arm. 

If Wilsons arm was so amazing he could prove it with an mph radar gun reading 

Lets be honest he has a live arm but he's not Josh Allen 

1 minute ago, GreenReaper said:

I think you should reserve definitive conclusions on JD until after these next two seasons. 

I see his 1st full season as a step backwards to reset this team (minus Gase + Saleh) to leap forward into perennial playoff contention.  If this 2022 season doesn't result into a playoff one...I will join you in trashing JD...for sure.   

It's easy to tear something down 

Lets see this loser actually build something 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

The drills are more than just a GPS. Why didn’t he do them? 

He did position drills 

He did zero speed, strength or agility tests 

He did not do them because *gasp* he's just not that special 

I know it's crazy that a guy who looks like my fedex man isn't actually worth the 2 pick but here we are 

• Upvote 2