Jump to content

Zach Wilson smells like trouble, let's stop nitpicking Trevor Lawrence ; Colin | NFL | THE HERD... Colin Herd CRAPS on Zach... 


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They really should find a way to sit Zach Wilson for a year here. Jets fans are burned out by the QB carousel, none of them have ever seen Wilson play in college, and they’re going to go insane when h

Every time I hear this moron talk I just feel bad for us as a society.  He makes literally MILLIONS of dollars simply because the general public cant understand the difference between actual intellige

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I agree with sitting since this team is trash and they are installing a new system but I would still start him and just run the ball a TON. Regardless of success. This will be an easy way to have the team gel and let him get the feel of live NFL action. They have to be very conservative given how horrible this team is. That’s why I hate drafting young QBs into terrible situations. 

Hmmm So it would be better if the team that won the bowl got the 1st pick in the draft??

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If there’s one ray of light right now, it’s that Douglas spent three of his first four picks on an OLT, WR, EDGE, and refused to spend big money on a strong safety. This year, he’s going to use his first picks on a QB and, presumably, an edge or a CB1. It seems he understands positional value, and knows where to go cheap. I wonder if he shows the patience to sit the QB at all, or decides to push all his chips in

Yup, absolutely. All good athletes as well. Hopefully the days of taking unathletic edge rushers with mediocre production in round three are long gone. 

The day three positions all made sense too - backup QB, four year backup RB who plays special teams, developmental guard, dice roll on a high character corner, and a punter.

And while sometimes it seems a little much, I like the team captain on day three thing. It’s going to take a lot to change the culture of the Jets and I don’t think those guys really become huge busts to the point of being off the roster - they’ll contribute in some way.

I will be surprised if they take a corner to play zone early with lots of athletic young guys who fit and the inside out philosophy on defense and in the organization. And taking an athletic edge without production at 23 after taking a quarterback to play on a bad offense at 2 with two first round picks next year heading into what looks like a strong edge class seems suboptimal to me as well. But it won’t be the first time I’ve been disappointed. And after that ESPN article and knowing he was misused a little up in Ann Arbor I won’t be mad if they pop Kwity Paye if he’s there at 23. I’m a little worried he’s going to take Etienne early and all my value hope is going to go up in smoke.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bitonti said:

If Wilsons arm was so amazing he could prove it with an mph radar gun reading 

Lets be honest he has a live arm but he's not Josh Allen 

 

No one is Josh Allen, he might have the strongest arm in NFL history. It’s not about throwing the ball 85 yards instead of 75, or clocking 70mph vs 65mph on a radar gun. Tape shows Wilson is upper echelon in pure arm strength and elite tier in being able to maintain velocity and accuracy across platforms.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Honest question what has jd done to earn our respect? 

The Ryan Kalil signing? Kaare vedvik? Jabari Zuniga? 

We just lived through the worst Jets season for 30 years 

JD has this great reputation and it's completely undeserved 

A reputation is something built over time, not one snapshot in time. 

He came here with a very favorable reputation through the entire rest of the league. 

I know you’re just playing your schtick but JD has a very good reputation in the league. 

But you can continue to ignore it and keep up your faulty narrative. It’s what these boards are for. 

Interesting that you cherry picked 3 poor move but ignored Bechton Mims Hall all of the rest of his 1st draft picks still on the squad McGovern Huff Saleh LaFleur Davis Davis Cole Lawson massive cap room massive draft capital dumping Jamal for a haul getting 3 picks for Sam  firing Gase Dowling Williams taking over split decision making from the coach to the Johnson’s. 

Yeah, you’re right, he’s been awful. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SupaPico said:

what an absurd point, so you don’t think Rodgers should have been drafted before Smith? Or Mahomes (4.8 40) should have been drafted before trubisky? Nonsense 
 

Wilson has the most physical upside of any QB in this draft, because of you know, his arm. 
 

 

40 times for QBs are overrated, clearly. But if Zach Wilson showed up at his pro day weighing 205 and ran a 4.8/40, that’s all anyone is talking about right now—that he’s small and unathletic. Instead, he has you guys talking about how easy it will be for him to pack on 15 lbs of muscle in four months. He was smart to plump up and lie about his hamstring.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

He did position drills 

He did zero speed, strength or agility tests 

He did not do them because *gasp* he's just not that special 

I know it's crazy that a guy who looks like my fedex man isn't actually worth the 2 pick but here we are 

I’m not sure what your last sentence has to do with your first 3. So I guess Trey Lance didn’t do them because he’s not special, got it. 
 

what is a number 2 pick supposed to look like? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It's interesting that this site doesn't really agree on anything...

Except I can't think of anyone that thinks we should be throwing this kid out there to start the season.  Especially considering we've only added a #2 WR to the least talented offense in the NFL.

And if our fans have it their way - we're going to take a CB at #23.

I think that the QB we take with the #2 OA pick should start the season. JD has said one of the reasons he traded Darnold was to reset the QB financial clock. Let's not waste a year.

A QB taken that high should be able to start from day one and be able to elevate sub-par surrounding talent. Wilson will/should be held to the same standard as Darnold.

I don't believe that players learn from watching from the sidelines. In game experience is the way to develop a player - if they have the talent.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Which one of these is Zach?

 

image.jpeg.6acdfdfee51360107f7a4e9eeece86ca.jpeg

as an elder Emo, he was likely referring to the Saves the Day era Emo kid, not the From First to Last era. Both of these bands can be considered Emo, but clearly different eras of the genre.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This why didn’t Wilson run thing is silly. Not all quarterbacks have to run, but it started with thinking he put on some bad weight. If he didn’t, why was he five pounds lighter at the combine re-check?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

40 times for QBs are overrated, clearly. But if Zach Wilson showed up at his pro day weighing 205 and ran a 4.8/40, that’s all anyone is talking about right now—that he’s small and unathletic. Instead, he has you guys talking about how easy it will be for him to pack on 15 lbs of muscle in four months. He was smart to plump up and lie about his hamstring.

So you don’t think Wilson has the ability to pack on 10lbs at 6”2? He was like 170lbs in high school is and all the way up to 209 now, and that was without being able to lift his sophomore year because of the labrum surgery. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

A reputation is something built over time, not one snapshot in time. 

He came here with a very favorable reputation through the entire rest of the league. 

I know you’re just playing your schtick but JD has a very good reputation in the league. 

But you can continue to ignore it and keep up your faulty narrative. It’s what these boards are for. 

Interesting that you cherry picked 3 poor move but ignored Bechton Mims Hall all of the rest of his 1st draft picks still on the squad McGovern Huff Saleh LaFleur Davis Davis Cole Lawson massive cap room massive draft capital dumping Jamal for a haul getting 3 picks for Sam  firing Gase Dowling Williams taking over split decision making from the coach to the Johnson’s. 

Yeah, you’re right, he’s been awful. 

Becton is his only decent move 

Huff is terrible. McGovern is average and half those guys you listed haven't played yet 

Mims missed 7 games with his hamstring that's not a win either 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, derp said:

This why didn’t Wilson run thing is silly. Not all quarterbacks have to run, but it started with thinking he put on some bad weight. If he didn’t, why was he five pounds lighter at the combine re-check?

If he’s only down 5 pounds, that means that’s about his real weight. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

ZW is the perfect prospect, as long as you don't look at him 

His agent prefers that you imagine him being awesome

Hahahahaaaaaa again with the PR nonsense. 

So JD is just drafting him based upon his PR team and hype?

You’re trying way too hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

40 times for QBs are overrated, clearly. But if Zach Wilson showed up at his pro day weighing 205 and ran a 4.8/40, that’s all anyone is talking about right now—that he’s small and unathletic. Instead, he has you guys talking about how easy it will be for him to pack on 15 lbs of muscle in four months. He was smart to plump up and lie about his hamstring.

He has no reason to run if he’s locked in at number 2. It has nothing to do whether he’s athletic or not. Same thing with Trevor Lawrence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I’m not sure what your last sentence has to do with your first 3. So I guess Trey Lance didn’t do them because he’s not special, got it. 
 

what is a number 2 pick supposed to look like? 

Trey Lance is special because he has GPS speed scores 

The most special aspect of ZW is his public relations machine that somehow got him to 2 with no compelling measurements 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Hahahahaaaaaa again with the PR nonsense. 

So JD is just drafting him based upon his PR team and hype?

You’re trying way too hard. 

I honestly don't believe this is jds decision tbh 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

40 times for QBs are overrated, clearly. But if Zach Wilson showed up at his pro day weighing 205 and ran a 4.8/40, that’s all anyone is talking about right now—that he’s small and unathletic. Instead, he has you guys talking about how easy it will be for him to pack on 15 lbs of muscle in four months. He was smart to plump up and lie about his hamstring.

I think the biggest reason it's a bit of a flag is because he's being billed as an elite play extender. I'm watching this silly little mock thingy on espn and when the Jets picked Wilson, that's what McShay said.  He's #2 because of his off script magic.  Sounds familiar, right?  The problem is and that's why Colin's stat is a bit alarming, is the speed/athleticism and why the level of comp conversation has merit, albeit not that much IMO but it's gamble that he's not going to get murdered when he thinks he can challenge the edge to extend a play and get murdered by a guy running faster then anything he's ever seen in his career.

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

If he’s only down 5 pounds, that means that’s about his real weight. 

If he’s down five pounds that fast I think 210 is his real weight and he packed on a little weight at the pro day to appear bigger. Which is not the end of the world, but was the initial point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SupaPico said:

So you don’t think Wilson has the ability to pack on 10lbs at 6”2? He was like 170lbs in high school is and all the way up to 209 now. 

Every human frame has natural limits 

ZW looks like he's at his 

TL looks like he could put on 20 pounds legit 

ZW shoulders aren't getting any broader 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Becton is his only decent move 

Huff is terrible. McGovern is average and half those guys you listed haven't played yet 

Mims missed 7 games with his hamstring that's not a win either 

So let me get this straight. JDs reputation is terrible because Mims got injured? Nothing else he has done to date is good? The hirings, the dumpings, the draft capital, the rep coming in from virtually the rest of the league? 

Wow. Cherry pick and ignore. Way to go. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Trey Lance is special because he has GPS speed scores 

The most special aspect of ZW is his public relations machine that somehow got him to 2 with no compelling measurements 

If he got to 2 without any compelling measurements, maybe he’s really good? 
image.jpeg.c51b2378356241618f1dfddfc9bf908a.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I get that he weighed 215, but not all 215’s are the same, especially when the dude has already had labrum issues. The guy needs to add some upper body mass in the worst way, and it’s also curious that no one has clocked him running a 40 because of some lingering hamstring problem(?). 

I'd bet the guy hadn't taken a crap for a week and he drank two gallons of water right before the weigh in and did anyone check to see if he had a lead butt plug? Not running the 40 was a real red flag for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

I think the biggest reason it's a bit of a flag is because he's being billed as an elite play extender. I'm watching this silly little mock thingy on espn and when the Jets picked Wilson, that's what McShay said.  He's #2 because of his off script magic.  Sounds familiar, right?  The problem is and that's why Colin's stat is a bit alarming, is the speed/athleticism and why the level of comp conversation has merit, albeit not that much IMO but it's gamble that he's not going to get murdered when he think he challenged the edge to extend a play and get murdered by a guy running faster then anything he's ever seen in his career.

 

 

The best parts of ZW game like second chance accuracy and off platform mechanics are conveniently unable to be measured 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

So let me get this straight. JDs reputation is terrible because Mims got injured? Nothing else he has done to date is good? The hirings, the dumpings, the draft capital, the rep coming in from virtually the rest of the league? 

Wow. Cherry pick and ignore. Way to go. 

He's done exactly one decent thing since arriving that's draft Becton 

Prove otherwise 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

If he got to 2 without any compelling measurements, maybe he’s really good? 
image.jpeg.c51b2378356241618f1dfddfc9bf908a.jpeg

 

Maybe he just looks like how people want qbs to look 

 

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

this honestly insane. who's freaking decision is it?

It's Woody's decision 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

He's done exactly one decent thing since arriving that's draft Becton 

Prove otherwise 

trading Jamal Adams for 2 1st's and a 3rd.

It's too early to make a decision on any of his 1 draft but Becton and Mims look promising.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JiFapono said:

I think the biggest reason it's a bit of a flag is because he's being billed as an elite play extender. I'm watching this silly little mock thingy on espn and when the Jets picked Wilson, that's what McShay said.  He's #2 because of his off script magic.  Sounds familiar, right?  The problem is and that's why Colin's stat is a bit alarming, is the speed/athleticism and why the level of comp conversation has merit, albeit not that much IMO but it's gamble that he's not going to get murdered when he think he challenged the edge to extend a play and get murdered by a guy running faster then anything he's ever seen in his career.

 

 

I don’t think anyone expects the running is going to translate - he’ll probably be somewhere akin to Rodgers as a runner where he can get some yards if there’s room. Jeremiah who loves him says he’s too small for it to be a thing in his top 50.

Also there was a play where he barely gets the edge against a Houston (I think) defender for a TD and at least to my eyes an NFL defender definitely closes there well before he gets in. 

None of that in itself is a problem, it’s nice for the early stages of development I guess but the next long-term run first guy who has deep success in the playoffs will be the first I remember.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's Woody's decision 

It's a dumb take is what it is.

There is literally no history or reporting ever that has come out that the Johnson's make draft pick decisions. They gave Douglas a longer than usual contract for a lot of money to make this decision. It's utter nonsense to think they'd make it for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...