How sure are you that Zach Wilson is going to be the pick?

How sure are you that Zach Wilson is going to be the pick?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. How sure are you that Zach Wilson is going to be the pick?

• 100%
    • 99%
    • Less than 99%

13 minutes ago, maury77 said:

What have they done to earn your trust? Seriously 

A lot of them have worked in this field longer than I've been alive, been apart of Lombardi brain trusts and they've all reached a consensus. They have access to film, interviews and information that we dont. They have a good track record and simply know more about Football than I do while also having more resources to evaluate than any fan.

Though an equally valid reason is that i simply have no choice but to trust them. Ultimately going to root for whoever it is. I like multiple options and can see huge upside in them after watching them myself.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

100% not the pick. Douglas will trade the pick as soon as Trevor Lawrence is picked.  Book it. 

and it will be for... Sam Darnold. Douglas will run down from the press box and hit every Jets fans with a chair, knock out the referee, and rip off his mask revealing he was Jamal Adams all along. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

and it will be for... Sam Darnold. Douglas will run down from the press box and hit every Jets fans with a chair, knock out the referee, and rip off his mask revealing he was Jamal Adams all along. 

Then Jamal rips off his mask and it was mac who never really got fired. Then we win the super bowl and Saleh Rios off his mask and it’s.... Adam Gase!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

100% not the pick. Douglas will trade the pick as soon as Trevor Lawrence is picked.  Book it. 

If he did this and managed to get Lance, too, I would be all for it. Everything I read about Lance tells me he might be the one with the most potential and eventually the most successful of the bunch - which does not mean that the others will fail.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

If he did this and managed to get Lance, too, I would be all for it. Everything I read about Lance tells me he might be the one with the most potential and eventually the most successful of the bunch - which does not mean that the others will fail.

Other than Trevor, I think all the others will fair much better if they can sit behind a vet a bit. Especially a team like the Jets that have so many new moving parts. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I won't "book it" but I would like to know how, in the space of a month, Justin Fields went from sure second best with some saying the best, to Wilson who was considered good at the end of the season but not the top notch.

Add in the fact that it is very much in the Jets' interest to stoke the "Wilson is the obvious best after Lawrence" fire  in case they do trade down after Jacksonville takes Lawrence, and that tells me there is a decent chance-not 50%, but decent chance-Wilson won't be our pick.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

I won't "book it" but I would like to know how, in the space of a month, Justin Fields went from sure second best with some saying the best, to Wilson who was considered good at the end of the season but not the top notch.

Add in the fact that it is very much in the Jets' interest to stoke the "Wilson is the obvious best after Lawrence" fire  in case they do trade down after Jacksonville takes Lawrence, and that tells me there is a decent chance-not 50%, but decent chance-Wilson won't be our pick.

This^^

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, derp said:

Like 95%. I can’t tell if Douglas smiles when talking about Wilson because he really likes him or because he thinks it’s hilarious everyone has decided it’s a lock when he’s going in a different direction. And all of the FA rumors were wrong.

Just for a laugh and keep some interest in the number 2 pick go to 6.40 minute in this video

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

I literally ordered his jersey already. JD has to pick him now! 

I purchased BYU gear after seeing his pro day. Once those other trades went down, I was fairly confident Zach is our guy. 

If he isn't, I'll have to walk around in public and pretend to be a Mormon if anyone asks anything. ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Well, actually go watch the Kurt Warner video, he explains it.  It's posted like 5 times on this forum, won't be hard to find.

What he explains is that up until the season ended it was media, former execs, etc. talking about the QB's...and it wasn't until the past few months when the NFL coaches started to really dig into film.  That's when they saw the the things the separated Wilson from Fields.  

This happens all the time - media and talking heads like a guy but then the actual football people dig in deeply in the film and come away with a different conclusion.  There is nothing unique about this situation.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Because that’s not what happened. Wilson moved ahead of fields in a lot of people’s minds months ago. Fields performance in playoff game against Clemson  had some wavering on that but.. Wilson’s been ahead of fields since at least Christmas.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, maury77 said:

I’m not sure, I may be back in 3 years after the Jets fire fat Idzik, Lebanese Herm and trade Zach Manziel for a couple of 2nd day picks.

JD is going to be in NY longer than Gettlemen.

Saquon Barkley at #2 OA. That still make me smile.

• Upvote 1

I went into this wanting Sewell but Pitts is the drafts best player and it is not close 

If you could draft Sterling Sharpe part 2, why wouldn't you? Because of need? Robert Saleh had George Little, and these players are game changers. 

If it's my pick ride with Morgan, take Pitts and worry about elite qb pick some other draft 

That being said 

Zach Wilson is 99 percent going to be the pick and he's a 50/50 shot to be either Russell Wilson or Johnny manziel.

May God have mercy on our souls. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Guck the Maury Fiants

truth be told, I'm still in a feeling out stage in which direction I'm going, I posted the Giants to (successfully) troll some of you. I remember when the Eagles won the super bowl a few years ago. I was pretty drunk and when I squinted the Eagles kind of looked like the Jets, but the Eagles also suck now so I can't go in that direction. Maybe the Chargers? I like their uniforms. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

I'm so confident that Wilson will be the pick that I:

a. Cancelled my season tickets;

b. threw out all my Jets gear; and

c. I'm actively seeking a new team to start following as of Friday 

He’s not kidding. 

• Upvote 2