How sure are you that Zach Wilson is going to be the pick?

How sure are you that Zach Wilson is going to be the pick?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. How sure are you that Zach Wilson is going to be the pick?

• 100%
    • 99%
    • Less than 99%

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach Wilson is 99 percent going to be the pick and he's a 50/50 shot to be either Russell Wilson or Johnny manziel.

May God have mercy on our souls. 

In terms of how QB prospects usually turn out those are pretty good odds. 

11 hours ago, CTM said:

I think it's the worst possible outcome, we're the Jets and that how we do.. so 100%

Is it the worst outcome because its the Jets and what we do, or the worst outcome because you really think its a bad pick? 

I don't like Wilson either but he did have the 2nd best QBASE score of the class.  And he was pretty close to Lawrence and a long ways away from the # 3 score, Lance.  Do you think they're off or just don't put stock into it anymore?

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is it the worst outcome because its the Jets and what we do, or the worst outcome because you really think its a bad pick? 

I don't like Wilson either but he did have the 2nd best QBASE score of the class.  And he was pretty close to Lawrence and a long ways away from the # 3 score, Lance.  Do you think they're off or just don't put stock into it anymore?

I think this year was funky and hard to measure anything. The fact that Wilson was very average the year prior and exploded this year is concerning.

I think he's an injury waiting to happen. Similiar to Pennington, just not sturdy looking fellas. He's also got the prior injury history

I think a lot of his highlights are more concerning than exciting, lots of late throws, jump balls that his receivers who seemed to overmatch the defenders regularly, running backwards..  There are some great throws in there so he's got some talent for sure but lots to be concerned about as well. Similiar to Darnold. Not a clean propsect imo

I think the lack of in person scouting, the abbreviated offseason schedule due to COVID=  terrible time to take a somewhat risky QB with a limited track record.

The only major plus I'm hearing is his work ethic and desire to prove people wrong, but who even knows if thats true.

And now with Darnold out for pocket lint, we are likely starting him week 1 with a poor team around him and a rookie HC.

I dunno.. seem like a disaster in the making to me

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think this year was funky and hard to measure anything. The fact that Wilson was very average the year prior and exploded this year is concerning.

I think he's an injury waiting to happen. Similiar to Pennington, just not sturdy looking fellas. He's also got the prior injury history

I think a lot of his highlights are more concerning than exciting, lots of late throws, jump balls that his receivers who seemed to overmatch the defenders regularly, running backwards..  There are some great throws in there so he's got some talent for sure but lots to be concerned about as well. Similiar to Darnold. Not a clean propsect imo

I think the lack of in person scouting, the abbreviated offseason schedule due to COVID=  terrible time to take a somewhat risky QB with a limited track record.

The only major plus I'm hearing is his work ethic and desire to prove people wrong, but who even knows if thats true.

And now with Darnold out for pocket lint, we are likely starting him week 1 with a poor team around him and a rookie HC.

I would hope Douglas is smart enough to sign a halfway decent veteran option to keep from having to guarantee Wilson is the Week 1 starter.  That's the only concern above that can easily be handled.

The rest are all of course big time worries.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

the jets need a qb and it looks like they're set on picking one of the top guys this draft.  but douglas still does have some options.  he could still trade out and pick a qb not named wilson or the trade may yield a top vet from another team.  the silence is deafening.

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@GATA be that Zach Wilson’s shoulders are even narrower that @CTMs shoulders. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I would hope Douglas is smart enough to sign a halfway decent veteran option to keep from having to guarantee Wilson is the Week 1 starter.  That's the only concern above that can easily be handled.

The rest are all of course big time worries.

Preferably someone who “knows the system”, but what are the options there?

13 hours ago, maury77 said:

truth be told, I'm still in a feeling out stage in which direction I'm going, I posted the Giants to (successfully) troll some of you. I remember when the Eagles won the super bowl a few years ago. I was pretty drunk and when I squinted the Eagles kind of looked like the Jets, but the Eagles also suck now so I can't go in that direction. Maybe the Chargers? I like their uniforms. 

And they play a lot of 4pm games, so golf/surf/fish in the morning, Football in the afternoon. Nice! 

9 hours ago, CTM said:

0-5 and 1/7 TD vs. INT vs. teams with 10+ wins in college.  This dude was running around like a chicken with his head cut off vs. the dregs of the NCAA.  And he's going to come into the NFL and suddenly play up to the level of compeition?

I'm honestly not sure what's more of a guarantee....the Jets taking him or this turning out to be a complete disaster...unfortunately both are hovering around 100%.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

0-5 and 1/7 TD vs. INT vs. teams with 10+ wins in college.  This dude was running around like a chicken with his head cut off vs. the dregs of the NCAA.  And he's going to come into the NFL and suddenly play up to the level of compeition?

I'm honestly not sure what's more of a guarantee....the Jets taking him or this turning out to be a complete disaster...unfortunately both are hovering around 100%.

To a point yes. I honestly think the kid has tools to succeed but not a step in starter, especially on this team. He needs to be brought along slowly and not put in a position to win games  on his own while simultaneously having guys bigger, more athletic and faster than he’s ever seen in college trying to kill him every down. Every defensive player he go’s against will be better than the two guys he may have faced in college that made him crap his pants. His arm talent as far as placement and anticipation are the two best qualities he has and both will evaporate into thin air if they draft and start this kid. It’s honestly sad to me, not kidding. 

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

the jets need a qb and it looks like they're set on picking one of the top guys this draft.  but douglas still does have some options.  he could still trade out and pick a qb not named wilson or the trade may yield a top vet from another team.  the silence is deafening.

Not really.  Douglas has already pretty much said the Jets are taking a QB at two

2 overall, we decided taking a quarterback at No. 2 and keeping Sam would not be the best decision for the organization."

Finally, asked if the Jets plan to select a quarterback at No. 2 overall, Douglas said: "That's a fair assessment."

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

To a point yes. I honestly think the kid has tools to succeed but not a step in starter, especially on this team. He needs to be brought along slowly and not put in a position to win games  

Maybe wait till he hits puberty?

• Haha 2

I'm finding it difficult to talk myself into Wilson. The slow motion disaster sentiment is pretty much what I've landed on.

Really wish they had taken the route Miami did with the SF/Philly trades. If you're gonna roll the dice on one of these qbs, I'd be much more comfortable with Lance/Fields and hedging with the extra picks.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

15 hours ago, Grandy said:

In terms of how QB prospects usually turn out those are pretty good odds. 

Everybody is being very casual about this pick 

It's only the highest, most significant selection for 30 years 

Too many people are comfortable with ZW busting. 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

To a point yes. I honestly think the kid has tools to succeed but not a step in starter, especially on this team. He needs to be brought along slowly and not put in a position to win games  on his own while simultaneously having guys bigger, more athletic and faster than he’s ever seen in college trying to kill him every down. Every defensive player he go’s against will be better than the two guys he may have faced in college that made him crap his pants. His arm talent as far as placement and anticipation are the two best qualities he has and both will evaporate into thin air if they draft and start this kid. It’s honestly sad to me, not kidding. 

In a perfect world the Jets could support him with a dominant run game and handy TE, unfortunately, the Jets sat on their hands in that dept. and Zach is joining the worst offensive unit in Football, playing in a ridiculously talented division and conference.

He already had issues of drifting and bailing in college, vs. nobodies...he's going to stop the trend on this team vs. NFL talent? Just cant imagine JD is stupid enough to start him right away.

• Haha 1