Horrific thought about the niners trade up to three

Wit

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If they end up taking Mac Jones, the only people who will be horrified is Niners fans.

It’s amazing that the Niners would watch what the Dolphins have in Tua and say, “Yes, give me that, but worse, and charge me more for it.”

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, nycdan said:

As truly awesome as that song is, you need to hear this mashup with EW&F because it takes it to a completely different level that is perhaps the greatest mashup ever conceived.

And in any case, it's far more compelling than the premise of this thread.

Ha. Phenomenal! Never heard that before.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nycdan said:

As truly awesome as that song is, you need to hear this mashup with EW&F because it takes it to a completely different level that is perhaps the greatest mashup ever conceived.

And in any case, it's far more compelling than the premise of this thread.

Play That Funky Music Ramstein is the best thing ever

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wit said:

They DID find out who the Jets were drafting, and only THEN felt comfortable trading up to three for.... fields. I don’t have the stomach for this. 

First off, not sure if your screen name is intentionally ironic. 

Second, what if the team that traded up to 3 was also the team that 3 years ago thought it was a good idea to give Jimmy G a 5/138 million dollar deal (the LARGEST for any QB at the time) only to realize within a year or 2 that he wasn't good after all and now are forced to trade up to find a real QB. So maybe, they are the ones that clueless when it comes to QB eval. 

Regardless, your premise is total speculation.  

17 hours ago, Wit said:

That’s right guys, they never wanted Wilson.... they were just making sure the second best QB would still be on the board and didn’t have to overpay for the Jets for it. 

Or they actually respect the heck out of Douglas, Saleh and Lefluer and know Zach is the 2nd best QB in the draft.  They knew they didn't have the draft capital to get him and liked someone else who may in fact be the 4th QB on lots of NFL draft boards.  They decided to overpay Miami to get the opportunity to get someon they still love. 

This is the same team management that made Jimmy Garappolo the highest paid QB in the NFL.  Maybe they just really like a lot of QB's?  

9 hours ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I don’t get why they traded all the way up to #3 to pick either of those guys. The Niners move is weird any way you look at it, but surely it has to be for Fields. 

It’s just a product of College QBs getting way overhyped every single year 

None of these quarterbacks are worth a trade up. Especially not what the 49ers gave up

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It’s just a product of College QBs getting way overhyped every single year 

None of these quarterbacks are worth a trade up. Especially not what the 49ers gave up

Given that PHI moved back to 12 ultimately, that feels like the move SF could have and perhaps should have made.

At #6, they would get one of Lance, Jones or Fields and it would have been a lot cheaper.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Given that PHI moved back to 12 ultimately, that feels like the move SF could have and perhaps should have made.

At #6, they would get one of Lance, Jones or Fields and it would have been a lot cheaper.  

Mond who will be available in round 2 probably has just as much talent as those guys he’s just being overlooked 

Mond who will be available in round 2 probably has just as much talent as those guys he’s just being overlooked 
SEC QB with slow reaction time and propensity to lock onto his target. Still has potential ... I'd support this if the first pick was Sewell.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

All of these conspiracy theories are entertaining to say the least.

It's really quite simple.  The 49ers are comfortable drafting any of the top 3 quarterbacks on their board at #3.  Nothing more, nothing less.

They don't "know" who the Jaguars are drafting.  They don't "know" who the Jets are drafting.  They certainly have their suspicions, but nothing is set in stone.  And there is always a possibility, no matter how small, that the Jaguars and/or Jets trade out of their spots, and a wrench is thrown into the whole plan.

I'll repeat again.  The 49ers are comfortable drafting any of the top 3 quarterbacks on their board at #3.  That is only real factor in this scenario.  Everything else is drummed up, dramatic nonsense.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Wit said:

They DID find out who the Jets were drafting, and only THEN felt comfortable trading up to three for.... fields. I don’t have the stomach for this. 

This is the kind of post that just makes this forum unreadable and makes everyone in here dumber for reading it.

• Haha 2

Swap picks with the Niners for pick #43 and draft Fields. Bundle up picks #34 and #43 and trade back into the 1st round. With the highest of the two 1st rounders I draft best available OL. With the other I draft Harris/ Etienne.                                          

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Swap picks with the Niners for pick #43 and draft Fields. Bundle up picks #34 and #43 and trade back into the 1st round. With the highest of the two 1st rounders I draft best available OL. With the other I draft Harris/ Etienne.                                          

I'm with this.

I'm told the work is done in Santa Clara. They have wrapped up their draft meetings officially. They're ready to make this pick, but it's in the hands of (head coach) Kyle Shanahan and (general manager) John Lynch. They're probably not telling anybody. Nobody in that building knows and doesn't expect to know until Thursday. But the coaches broke down Mac Jones, Justin Fields and Trey Lance this week together in a neutral process. I'm told they've kept an open mind with Justin Fields and Trey Lance winning them over. They had a good process, but there's still a decent amount of buzz league-wide about Mac Jones."

On 4/25/2021 at 4:28 PM, slats said:

I was all in with Baker Mayfield right about this time in 2018. I didn’t want Darnold, I thought he was overhyped.  

This time around, I’ve bought into ZW. If Jax takes Wilson and the Jets take Trevor -who I really believe is way overhyped- I do not know how I react emotionally. I’ll probably have to take some time off in the JN rubber room with @Thor99 and @JoeC36  

Every time I think im out Thor pulls me back in 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

That’s not enough. We need another second next year at the very least. 

8 hours ago, DoubleDown said:

All of these conspiracy theories are entertaining to say the least.

It's really quite simple.  The 49ers are comfortable drafting any of the top 3 quarterbacks on their board at #3.  Nothing more, nothing less.

They don't "know" who the Jaguars are drafting.  They don't "know" who the Jets are drafting.  They certainly have their suspicions, but nothing is set in stone.  And there is always a possibility, no matter how small, that the Jaguars and/or Jets trade out of their spots, and a wrench is thrown into the whole plan.

I'll repeat again.  The 49ers are comfortable drafting any of the top 3 quarterbacks on their board at #3.  That is only real factor in this scenario.  Everything else is drummed up, dramatic nonsense.

This is exactly right.  they think they know who there guy is when they traded up....but they liked all three.

They made the trade with the explicit knowledge that it's almost certainly Lawrence and Wilson are going 1&2..

They know who their guy is - any statement that they're just honing in on their pick now is beyond absurd.  You don't make a trade like that without knowing exactly what you're going to get - in this case they "knew" it was one of 3 players - with a close to certainty of who their guy is going to be.

• Upvote 1

On 4/25/2021 at 2:31 PM, Wit said:

might as well cut your balls off if you refuse to act as if you have them at all