Julio Jones could be available for trade

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

First of all they’re wouldn’t trade him till June if they do deal him. Secondly, I’m not dropping down to pick 4 for a 32 year old receiver 

1. I wasn't asking you.

B. This still answer your dummy question about wanting to trade a high pick for him.

III,. I like the smell of my own farts.

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Julio Jones doesn’t fit the jets because he plays offense and is actually good

No. He doesn't fit because

1) the most important trait for an NFL player is availability.  A player doesn't help a team from the bench or the training room and Jones is becoming a walking injury;

2) He is old for a WR - it is a young man's position. In 2020 there were two receivers 32 and over in the top 75 in the NFL for  yards gained - Emmanuel Sanders was 50th and Danny Amendola was 73rd.  

3)There is no place in the NFL for a 32 year old WR earning $10 million + a year and certainly no place on a young rebuilding team.

4) If a team can't have too many good receivers, why is Atlanta looking to trade him?  Want a clue?  See points 1-3 above.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have Corey Davis.  We do not need julio jones.  

And we do not need anyone who is going to keep mims off the field.  Mims needs to take 100% of the snaps as the #2 wr for us to evaluate what we have in him.

I honestly view this as sarcasm but it pains me that most Jets fans think this way.

yeah, we don’t need a HOF WR because we have a first round bust with 1 good year and a 2nd year guy who missed most of his rookie year.

Julio is still better than Davis and Mims combined.

14 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

1) the most important trait for an NFL player is availability.  A player doesn't help a team from the bench or the training room and Jones is becoming a walking injury;

2) He is old for a WR - it is a young man's position. In 2020 there were two receivers 32 and over in the top 75 in the NFL for  yards gained - Emmanuel Sanders was 50th and Danny Amendola was 73rd.  

3)There is no place in the NFL for a 32 year old WR earning $10 million + a year and certainly no place on a young rebuilding team.

4) If a team can't have too many good receivers, why is Atlanta looking to trade him?  Want a clue?  See points 1-3 above.

In 9 games last year he would have finished 2nd in receptions, 1st in yards and 2nd in TDs compared to Jets receivers.

2 years ago he had 1400 yds.  When’s the last time a jets receiver sniffed 1000?

12 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I honestly view this as sarcasm but it pains me that most Jets fans think this way.

yeah, we don’t need a HOF WR because we have a first round bust with 1 good year and a 2nd year guy who missed most of his rookie year.

Julio is still better than Davis and Mims combined.

let me guess, you also want to bring frank gore back (future HOFer and all)...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

So for no reason other than to poke some fun...

Jerry Rice turned 32 in his 1994 season.

He 1,499 yards on 112 catches with 13 TDs.

In 1995, at the age of 33, he had 1,848 yards on 122 catches with 15 TDs.

Yes, it's Jerry F-king Rice, but he didn't seem to get your memo LOL

no way

this guy missed 7 games last year. this could be the beginning of the end.

as Belichick always says, get rid of them a year too early then a year too late. 

Jones is the last piece to a championship run, not a team who went 2-14 with a rookie QB. and like someone said , hes probably going to be cut next year to save cap space. so this is a one year rental.

i found this interesting site that has all his injury history. for the most part it hasn't affected him, but hes 32 now. with 13 foot injury's in his career.

i just think its a big risk for some one who wont be here long term.

Julio Jones injury history and analysis (sportsinjurypredictor.com)

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

So for no reason other than to poke some fun...

Jerry Rice turned 32 in his 1994 season.

He 1,499 yards on 112 catches with 13 TDs.

In 1995, at the age of 33, he had 1,848 yards on 122 catches with 15 TDs.

Yes, it's Jerry F-king Rice, but he didn't seem to get your memo LOL

OK.  Rice is the greatest WR of all time and maybe top in the top 5 of all NFL players all time.  

Jets really need a successful veteran WR for Wilson. Julio would be a perfect fit. You guys are worried about 5 years from now....who the F cares? Do everything you can to make Wilson successful year 1 and 2, so he gains some confidence and establishes himself in this league. Lets not ruin this kid like we did to Darnold. 

I don't think the jets would pay the price for him so he'll never get to the jets but having a guy like Julio on this team would make a ton of sense. You have a really good WR that would take the heat off our young pass catchers and give our new young QB a security blanket to help him build confidence. Would def make it easier to play QB. If you look at some of the more recent highly drafted QB's that have shown that they can be successful.... there is some what of a trend there. Mayfeild got ODB and landry, Allen got Diggs, Kyler got Hopkins. You see guys like herbert, mahomes, Watson (pre hopkins trade) all have really good pass catchers. These guys have all shown success to some degree early in their careers. You'd think having a proven elite WR, even if its just for a handful of years would certainly help with the early development of a QB prospect. The Jets didn't really help darnold while he was here, they need to do a significantly better job this time around or we'll be talking about the next group of QB prospects in another 3-4 years. I'd be all for it if the price was right if only for the development aspect but I just can't see us paying the price and / or Julio wanting to come here.

10 hours ago, heymangold said:

Refer to my post where Julio had 1400 yds 2 years ago, and had more receiving yards then any Jets receiver last year in only 9 games.

not sure why you would be comparing to the WRs the jets had last year.  refer to my post where i posted stats for the receivers the jets have now (and none of them had matt ryan throwing to them)"

corey davis - 65 catches, 984 yards (15.1 avg.), 5 TDs

jamison crowder - 59 catches, 699 yards (11.8), 6 TDs

keelan cole - 55 catches, 642 yards (11.7), 5 TDs

julio jones - 51 catches, 771 yards (15.1), 3 TDs

jones was a great, great player.  he's breaking down and is paid a ton.  plus you need to trade for him and atlanta isn't just giving him away.  so sure, if we ignore the cost (salary and trade compensation) and pretend we are getting julio jones in his prime, sure why not.  but a rebuilding team shouldn't be giving away assets to acquire a past-his-prime receiver coming off his worst year and who is already on the wrong side of 30.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/julio-jones-trade-rumors-ravens-are-team-that-contacted-falcons-to-discuss-possible-trade-per-report/

Julio Jones trade rumors: Ravens are team that contacted Falcons to discuss possible trade, per report

The Ravens have targeted the No. 1 receiver they want

Jeff Kerr

By Jeff Kerr

Apr 29, 2021 at 10:22 am ET1 min read

The Atlanta Falcons are listening to calls on Julio Jones, which makes sense why they would pick up the phone after hearing what team was on the other line. Fox Sports NFL insider Jay Glazer said on an Instagram Live session the Baltimore Ravens were the team that called the Falcons about Jones, but that a trade is unlikely due to Jones' big contract.

The Ravens inquiring about Jones is interesting considering general manager Eric DeCosta's defense of the current wide receiver group. The Ravens selected Marquise Brown in the first round of the 2019 draft and Miles Boykin in the third round that same year. Baltimore also selected Devin Duvernay in the third round of the 2020 draft. Those three receivers have combined for 156 catches for 2,018 yards and 22 touchdowns over the last two seasons -- not enough to get franchise quarterback Lamar Jackson over the hump as Baltimore has won just one playoff game since the Pro Bowl quarterback took over as the full-time starter in 2019. 

Jones would easily become the No. 1 wide receiver on the Ravens' roster, one Baltimore desperately needs. Jones has the highest average receiving yards per game in NFL history at 95.5 and had averaged over 100 receiving yards per game in five different seasons, the most in league history (no other receiver has more than three). The 32-year old Jones had 51 catches for 711 yards and three touchdowns in nine games last season, as his average receiving yards per game of 85.7 was sixth in the league. Jones has 12,896 career receiving yards though 135 games, the most for a player in NFL history.

Whether the Falcons actually trade Jones during the NFL Draft or not is up in the air, but they are listening. 

"That's one of those things that, when you're doing things the right way in the organization, you have to listen to people's calls on any player," Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot said earlier this week. "And especially because we are in a difficult cap situation. That's just the circumstance. It's not a surprise for us -- the circumstance we're in."

Pending on the offer the Falcons get, Jones may have played his last game in Atlanta.