Rashod Bateman - WR

Ghost

I know we have other needs than WR but Bateman might be the most underrated receiver in this draft. 

He might be available at 23. I doubt he will be there at 34. I’m so intrigued by this guy. He’s going to be a pro bowler in 2-3 years. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I dont know much about him but on the other thread the evaluator beat him up pretty good saying he was lazy and got fat and takes plays off??? IDK dont shoot the messenger

Possibly. I love how smooth and fluid he is. He’s also not afraid to catch the ball in the middle. He has really good hands too. 

I simply like the idea of drafting a receiver and having him grow with Wilson!

5 hours ago, k-met57 said:

You dont have to believe Simms, but here is his perspective on Bateman

start at 1:15:50

i really trust his evaluation, so its a not for me dog

I may not be 1000% in with simms on this, I do like, and agree with a lot he had to say though. 

Appreciate the Darden hype.. Everyone on here thats read my posts has seen me hype that kid since the fall. 

• Upvote 2

Didn’t have Jefferson #1 overall in 2020.  I keep hearing this Chris Simms ball washing yet Mims and Jeudy are not in his top 5 WRs from 2020 but Hamler is

Yea. I’ll leave this here in my response. Simms is the first big name to drop the truth on him. I got nothing but glares back in feb 

46 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Didn’t have Jefferson #1 overall in 2020.  I keep hearing this Chris Simms ball washing yet Mims and Jeudy are not in his top 5 WRs from 2020 but Hamler is

You are wrong. He had Lamb #1 and Lamb is a stud, and had nobody throwing the ball to him all year. Lamb could easily be a top 5 WR in all of football this year. He had Jefferson second. I think those guys are a coin flip all day.

Hamler over Judy...ok...i mean thats not by any means anything crazy. Neither guy stood out for me last year with no QB on the team.

And finally...Mims? What has Mims done? 300+ yards with no TD’s? Lol ok.

You can not trust his evaluations but he watches a lot of film and gives his VERY educated opinion without having the benefit of actually meeting any of these guys or seeing them work out.

all this, not to mention that no one gets all of this right...but i rather him over the other wannabes online like Pauline, Matt Miller, Conor Rodgers, etc...

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Mims is barely in the top 10 WRs from 2020, definitely not in the top 5 at this point.

An yet we have this:

Rashod Bateman, Minnesota (6-foot-0½, 190, 4.45, Round 2): Named MVP of the Gophers’ 11-2 team in 2019 before playing five games without distinction in 2020 and then opting out of the final three games.

“Tale of two seasons,” said one scout. “He was really good last year, but his film this year was awful. The kid kind of totally tanked it. Came into this season overweight and played out of shape.”

Third-year junior with 33-inch arms.

“This year they played him a lot more in the slot, and coming across the middle he didn’t look that confident,” said a second scout. “Last year he attacked it better. He’s a little leggy. He’s not that twitchy, but he can still get some separation. The speed was the biggest issue with him, but he showed enough. His pro day was pretty damn good. If he can go into a place where he isn’t the guy, that would be perfect for him. He could grow into one.”

An exceptional basketball player, Bateman turned down chances to play for major-college programs out of high school in Tifton, Ga.

“He’s got a high drop rate,” said a third scout. “He’s not going to catch across the middle. He’s a man-beater underneath. You don’t see the top receiver traits in this guy.”

Finished with 147 receptions for 2,395 yards(16.3 average) and 19 touchdowns.

The big ten blew it so badly with their Covid protocols, first cancelling the entire season, then making it very hard to function when they brought it back that you just have to throw away the entire year.

Bateman was pretty much UN- guardable  the year before , athletic, fast, great acrobatic catches, often a man amongst boys, I don’t see him failing in the NFL and I personally think he will be there at #23  if you like him.

Fleck is pretty much a clown as an HC, with his “row the boat stuff” and his sprinting down the sidelines act but he is very good at developing WRs , Tyler Johnson, of course played for him the year before and  Corey Davis also when both were at Western Michigan.

9 hours ago, Leftylarry said:

The big ten blew it so badly with their Covid protocols, first cancelling the entire season, then making it very hard to function when they brought it back that you just have to throw away the entire year.

Bateman was pretty much UN- guardable  the year before , athletic, fast, great acrobatic catches, often a man amongst boys, I don’t see him failing in the NFL and I personally think he will be there at #23  if you like him.

Fleck is pretty much a clown as an HC, with his “row the boat stuff” and his sprinting down the sidelines act but he is very good at developing WRs , Tyler Johnson, of course played for him the year before and  Corey Davis also when both were at Western Michigan.

question is, if he is not an outside receiver because he wont be able to win vs elite NFL corners...is he a first round player. i dont think there is any argument that he is a top 2-3 round pick.