Are you excited about drafting Zach Wilson?

Are you excited about drafting Zach Wilson?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about drafting Zach Wilson

No.  Only the Jets would be inept and fool enough to blow their chance at taking Trevor Lawrence.   If you are excited about Wilson, you'd probably be excited about leftovers in the fridge that have become moldy.  That what the Jets brass will be consuming in this draft.  Left-overs.  

As per Walter Football... And they got it exactly just right with this comment. 

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021.php

"Jacksonville Jaguars 2021 NFL Mock Draft Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson Clemson
The Jaguars were gifted the No. 1 overall pick due to the Jets' incompetence. This was a franchise-altering turn of events that even had the mayor of Jacksonville thanking the Jets via Twitter. This is an obvious selection. "

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Not gonna hedge my bets on him completely, but I've watched a lot of his game and seen analysis on it and I like what I see. Also stuff like Qbase is quite high on him. His stats, film, and brain seem to check out.

Anything can happen, but the guy undoubtedly has crazy arm talent. I also think the fact that most criticism leveled against him here has to do with hm being too small at 6'2 210, and playing weak competition is a promising thing.

I'll say it once again. There is little to no correlation between college competition and pro success, especially with the numbers he put up. Overall though, he's definitely an exciting and high potential prospect but I'm not gonna anoint him until I've seen him in live games.

I’ve accepted that we’re chasing waterfalls in Utah - and will put my faith in Joe/Rob - but excited? Cmon. Fields would have exciting. Maybe/Maybe not better prospect but it would have been different. This is more of the nail biting same. 

• Upvote 2

I'd be more excited if we kept Sam (or signed a competent veteran to keep the seat warm) and let Wilson sit for a year. The new trend of throwing young QBs into the fire right out of the gate is stupid.

We're going to be back in the same place 3-4 years from now. And Wilson will be the next in a long line of promising QBs to have their flame extinguished here.

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fields would have exciting.

Would it though? It would have been a different can of worms, at least until it wasn't. Fields played tougher competition, but Rutgers isn't exactly a powerhouse, and Fields was generally on the team with superior talent. Same for TL, I grew up a Syracuse fan, they've never been very good at football. Besides Miami the ACC doesn't offer much competition consistently. 

44 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I really got attached to Sam and wanted him to succeed, more so than guys like Geno, Hack, Sanchez, etc. I’m hesitant to be all in again so quickly. But yes, excited for Zach. More of me praying he’s the one like you mentioned. 

So if you compare now to 3 years ago:

1- Wilson is a much better prospect then Sam. 

2- Much better coaching staff in place

3- Much better gm in place

4- More draft picks to build a team around him

Instead of being hesitant to be excited, realize how foolish it was you were excited 3 years ago.  

Now look at the setup now, and realize how exciting this truly is.

• Upvote 2

He’s parcels worst nightmare,  star QB with little college experience. 

he’s gotten like 5 endorsements this week and Darnold got a single sock endorsement, no lie. 

he’s tiny. Spare me the 220 number that was bs. He put weight on for the pro day. 

52 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I really got attached to Sam and wanted him to succeed, more so than guys like Geno, Hack, Sanchez, etc. I’m hesitant to be all in again so quickly. But yes, excited for Zach. More of me praying he’s the one like you mentioned. 

They're football players, not your high school crush who didn't know you existed. Treat players like the girl who came back begging for more no matter how you treated her. Eventually some player will truly earn your affection and you'll just know it's right. Otherwise you're just being used for ratings and jersey money.

14 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

I'd be more excited if we kept Sam (or signed a competent veteran to keep the seat warm) and let Wilson sit for a year. The new trend of throwing young QBs into the fire right out of the gate is stupid.

Regardless if the pick is going to be Wilson or Fields why didn't JD sign a decent veteran way before now. 

Who's left from the scrap heap. 

• Upvote 1