Jump to content

Are you excited about drafting Zach Wilson?


Are you excited about drafting Zach Wilson?  

248 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you excited about drafting Zach Wilson



Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The bar has been set so low for Wilson coming in after the Sanchez, Genos, Hackenberg and Darnolds of the world that he almost has to be better by default. I’m almost happy for all the negativity some of you have because I think this kid is gonna be a stud. Can’t wait to see you all come around on him LOL 

The problem is too many have their heels dug in right now and are going to outwardly hoping he fails.  He's going to have troubles as all rookies do - but they'll be a massive over reaction here and across the fan base.

It's a sad state of affairs for Jet fans right now, worst than I've ever seen it.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tbh I don't get excited about anything anymore, ever since the accident. 

I'm always excited about the Jets until we start playing games

Yes. But I'd be excited drafting Fields.  Or Lawrence.  Or Mac Jones. My excitement is about a "new start" with Saleh, with a new QB not named Sam Darnold. It isn't specific to Wilson,

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So now the theory is because Darnold flopped Wilson will?  It's a very silly point. 

You missed the point.

The "theory" is that Jets Fans VASTLY over-exaggerate the skills of their likely draft picks this time of year, and most of what they say is pure homer wishful thinking.

Quote

Look, if you were telling me Wilson shouldn't win college QB of the year because he played sh*tty teams - I would agree.  But we're not talking about the past - we're talking about how he projects as an NFL QB.

And as I've said repeatedly, I don't know nor claim to know if Wilson (or any of this group) will, or will not, be a good NFL QB.  It's the least confidence I've had in a QB draft Class.

What I do know is that Wilson worries me for the repeatedly stated reasons:

-Size (he's short, and light, and looks it).

-Experience (played nobodies, was a production nobody till 2020, a COVID-effected unusual season).

-Durability (ties into size too, but he has a history of injuries).

Quote

I've asked this of everyone - instead of arguing about who he played and the past, show me what's wrong with his game? What part of his skill-set won't work in the NFL?  Why is he going to fail? beyond the "well he played bad teams" nonsense.

His small frame and size does not translate well to the NFL level.  He's going to have trouble seeing/throwing over 6'5"+ NFL O-linemen.  Becton is 6'7" for example.  

His long passing game may look great vs. Las Vegas Barber College, but it is not exceptional in terms of ball velocity, which could lead to turnovers vs. NFL DB's who, I'll point out, are a universe better than those he faced in college.

He at times does a similar back foot thing to Sam, failing to drive into his passes (another INT risk at the NFL level, especially deep).

He will struggle handling the rush at the NFL level when he's not the best athlete on the field anymore (not even close).

He's not athletic (in the modern NFL parlance, he's not a scramble and run for 40 yards, or scramble and make a huge throw) at the NFL level.  He'll need to be well protected.

And he has an injury history, including shoulder surgeries, that speak to potential reinjury and missed time.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The problem is too many have their heels dug in right now and are going to outwardly hoping he fails.  He's going to have troubles as all rookies do - but they'll be a massive over reaction here and across the fan base.

It's a sad state of affairs for Jet fans right now, worst than I've ever seen it.

You're so full of sh*t, the second he's a Jet NO ONE here will be rooting for him to fail.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You missed the point.

The "theory" is that Jets Fans VASTLY over-exaggerate the skills of their likely draft picks this time of year, and most of what they say is pure homer wishful thinking.

And as I've said repeatedly, I don't know nor claim to know if Wilson (or any of this group) will, or will not, be a good NFL QB.  It's the least confidence I've had in a QB draft Class.

What I do know is that Wilson worries me for the repeatedly stated reasons:

-Size (he's short, and light, and looks it).

-Experience (played nobodies, was a production nobody till 2020, a COVID-effected unusual season).

-Durability (ties into size too, but he has a history of injuries).

His small frame and size does not translate well to the NFL level.  He's going to have trouble seeing/throwing over 6'5"+ NFL O-linemen.  Becton is 6'7" for example.  

His long passing game may look great vs. Las Vegas Barber College, but it is not exceptional in terms of ball velocity, which could lead to turnovers vs. NFL DB's who, I'll point out, are a universe better than those he faced in college.

He at times does a similar back foot thing to Sam, failing to drive into his passes (another INT risk at the NFL level, especially deep).

He will struggle handling the rush at the NFL level when he's not the best athlete on the field anymore (not even close).

He's not athletic (in the modern NFL parlance, he's not a scramble and run for 40 yards, or scramble and make a huge throw) at the NFL level.  He'll need to be well protected.

And he has an injury history, including shoulder surgeries, that speak to potential reinjury and missed time.

 

I think the injury history and size is overblown. He only missed 3 games (and it wasn’t due to his shoulder either). And I can’t think of a QB in the past 10 years that didn’t make it because of size. 6’2 isn’t even short. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

You missed the point.

The "theory" is that Jets Fans VASTLY over-exaggerate the skills of their likely draft picks this time of year, and most of what they say is pure homer wishful thinking.

And as I've said repeatedly, I don't know nor claim to know if Wilson (or any of this group) will, or will not, be a good NFL QB.  It's the least confidence I've had in a QB draft Class.

What I do know is that Wilson worries me for the repeatedly stated reasons:

-Size (he's short, and light, and looks it).

-Experience (played nobodies, was a production nobody till 2020, a COVID-effected unusual season).

-Durability (ties into size too, but he has a history of injuries).

His small frame and size does not translate well to the NFL level.  He's going to have trouble seeing/throwing over 6'5"+ NFL O-linemen.  Becton is 6'7" for example.  

His long passing game may look great vs. Las Vegas Barber College, but it is not exceptional in terms of ball velocity, which could lead to turnovers vs. NFL DB's who, I'll point out, are a universe better than those he faced in college.

He at times does a similar back foot thing to Sam, failing to drive into his passes (another INT risk at the NFL level, especially deep).

He will struggle handling the rush at the NFL level when he's not the best athlete on the field anymore (not even close).

He's not athletic (in the modern NFL parlance, he's not a scramble and run for 40 yards, or scramble and make a huge throw) at the NFL level.  He'll need to be well protected.

And he has an injury history, including shoulder surgeries, that speak to potential reinjury and missed time.

 

I don't even know where to start...but I'll try to cover this..

Size -

1st - He's not short - he's 6'2" and change - 214.  It's not particularly small.  

2nd - There is NO, NONE correlation between size and injuries in the NFL. Prove me wrong.  Have the smaller QB's been injured more?  The answer, of course is NO.  The running QB's certainly have - which you see more of in both Lawrence and Wilson.  People keep spewing it, even though it's simply untrue.  I know you're a smart man - you're better than just regurgating stuff that simply isn't true.

3rd - Wilson missed 3 games as a three year starter - this injure prone thing is simply nonsense...

 

Long passing game -

Seriously? He has incredible long accuracy.  Again, that's not based on stats...it's based on actualy study of his film by real scouts - this stuff has been proven and you can find anywhere.

Back foot thing?

Come on....Just silly

His arm is far superior to Sam's - they'r not even close.  

Wilson's footwork is top tier.  Perfect? of course not.  he has work to do...

But if the best you have is - his long ball is only good because of the talent he plays  and he has a back foot thing.

I want you to really think about that - and then think about the level of prospect we have....

 

Don't like the guy..fine - I can totally get that - but just repeating untruths is what drives me nuts.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're so full of sh*t, the second he's a Jet NO ONE here will be rooting for him to fail.

 

Are you serious?

I'm going to save this one - and we'll see after week 1.  The level of animosity toward him and the over amplification of everything he did wrong will be on full display.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You're so full of sh*t, the second he's a Jet NO ONE here will be rooting for him to fail.

 

I’ll be rooting for nothing more than his survival and the chance to go play for an actual NFL franchise after his 3 years of purgatory, 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Simple yes or no question. Obviously, it’s a wait and see thing/let’s rally around the pick/let us pray/etc, but, right now, will you be excited about the Jets adding Zach Wilson on Thursday? 

The 56 people that aren't excited should go root for another team. I bet those guys are fun at a party.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You missed the point.

The "theory" is that Jets Fans VASTLY over-exaggerate the skills of their likely draft picks this time of year, and most of what they say is pure homer wishful thinking.

And as I've said repeatedly, I don't know nor claim to know if Wilson (or any of this group) will, or will not, be a good NFL QB.  It's the least confidence I've had in a QB draft Class.

What I do know is that Wilson worries me for the repeatedly stated reasons:

-Size (he's short, and light, and looks it).

-Experience (played nobodies, was a production nobody till 2020, a COVID-effected unusual season).

-Durability (ties into size too, but he has a history of injuries).

His small frame and size does not translate well to the NFL level.  He's going to have trouble seeing/throwing over 6'5"+ NFL O-linemen.  Becton is 6'7" for example.  

His long passing game may look great vs. Las Vegas Barber College, but it is not exceptional in terms of ball velocity, which could lead to turnovers vs. NFL DB's who, I'll point out, are a universe better than those he faced in college.

He at times does a similar back foot thing to Sam, failing to drive into his passes (another INT risk at the NFL level, especially deep).

He will struggle handling the rush at the NFL level when he's not the best athlete on the field anymore (not even close).

He's not athletic (in the modern NFL parlance, he's not a scramble and run for 40 yards, or scramble and make a huge throw) at the NFL level.  He'll need to be well protected.

And he has an injury history, including shoulder surgeries, that speak to potential reinjury and missed time.

 

Long ball velocity isnt great?

If you really believe that and want to see if maybe youre wrong, watch the kurt warner video on Wilson in the other thread. You dont even need to watch the whole thing, just watch the last 3 mins where the kid has 3 absolute laser throws, one of which is from the opposite hash.  I dont think his long ball velocity is going to be a problem in the NFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Brees and Murray are short, so that does not have to be a concern.  We have to wait and see on velocity.  And he certainly could be injury plagued.   All of these things are to be determined.  
 

I will say that it’s not just Jet fans who are enamored with him.  Simms, Warner , Theisman and Young absolutely love the kid

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jetsrule1969 said:

The 56 people that aren't excited should go root for another team. I bet those guys are fun at a party.

You’re excited about coming into closer proximity to this person. Your parties haven’t been socially acceptable since Ceasar died. 
 

2FD75870-1B1F-4F6F-A406-FD5CD0E09690.jpeg

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still like Mac Jones better but I'm okay with Zack Wilson because he really should be an exciting QB and has plenty of potential. I'm also excited about our new coaching staff and I'm not too worried about them ruining him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I still like Mac Jones better but I'm okay with Zack Wilson because he really should be an exciting QB and has plenty of potential. I'm also excited about our new coaching staff and I'm not too worried about them ruining him. 

I got you Smash. I’ll worry about it enough for the both  of us. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You missed the point.

The "theory" is that Jets Fans VASTLY over-exaggerate the skills of their likely draft picks this time of year, and most of what they say is pure homer wishful thinking.

And as I've said repeatedly, I don't know nor claim to know if Wilson (or any of this group) will, or will not, be a good NFL QB.  It's the least confidence I've had in a QB draft Class.

What I do know is that Wilson worries me for the repeatedly stated reasons:

-Size (he's short, and light, and looks it).

-Experience (played nobodies, was a production nobody till 2020, a COVID-effected unusual season).

-Durability (ties into size too, but he has a history of injuries).

His small frame and size does not translate well to the NFL level.  He's going to have trouble seeing/throwing over 6'5"+ NFL O-linemen.  Becton is 6'7" for example.  

His long passing game may look great vs. Las Vegas Barber College, but it is not exceptional in terms of ball velocity, which could lead to turnovers vs. NFL DB's who, I'll point out, are a universe better than those he faced in college.

He at times does a similar back foot thing to Sam, failing to drive into his passes (another INT risk at the NFL level, especially deep).

He will struggle handling the rush at the NFL level when he's not the best athlete on the field anymore (not even close).

He's not athletic (in the modern NFL parlance, he's not a scramble and run for 40 yards, or scramble and make a huge throw) at the NFL level.  He'll need to be well protected.

And he has an injury history, including shoulder surgeries, that speak to potential reinjury and missed time.

 

you're doing the mirror image of what you're accusing others of.  Some are clearly overrating Wilson and overlooking his flaws, you are vastly underrating his skillset and his status as a prospect.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You’re excited about coming into closer proximity to this person. Your parties haven’t been socially acceptable since Ceasar died. 
 

2FD75870-1B1F-4F6F-A406-FD5CD0E09690.jpeg

 

Usually I'd be excited to start the whole fanboy trolling cycle anew but this one doesn't even feel sporting. Disaster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Complete different body types, Kyler is all muscle not so sure about Darnold

Excuses; players get hurt regardless of how much muscle they have or don't have.  Either you are injury prone or you are not.   Now if you mentioned that Murray is so hard to get a good hit on, you would have had a better argument.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue is no one had Wilson as a top 10 pick or even first rd talent 3-4 months ago, and now he is a consensus top 3 pick - that's a huge worry when drafting 2nd overall. I think all qb's in this draft have been largely overrated due to the recent QB drafting. If Zac Wilson was as great as what he is made out to be then he would've been penciled in a year ago. Also, although I try not to let competition be an excuse, geez it was quite woeful and hard to get excited about it, he did benefit from having all day to throw and weapons. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ron Jeremy said:

My issue is no one had Wilson as a top 10 pick or even first rd talent 3-4 months ago, and now he is a consensus top 3 pick - that's a huge worry when drafting 2nd overall. I think all qb's in this draft have been largely overrated due to the recent QB drafting. If Zac Wilson was as great as what he is made out to be then he would've been penciled in a year ago. Also, although I try not to let competition be an excuse, geez it was quite woeful and hard to get excited about it, he did benefit from having all day to throw and weapons. 

 

This is so obviously wrong and easily can be debunked by linking the countless mocks from December and January showing Zach Wilson going to the Jets or to someone else in the top 5-10.  I hope this relieves you of your issue. Also.. Joe Burrow also Kyler Murray.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CTM said:

 

Usually I'd be excited to start the whole fanboy trolling cycle anew but this one doesn't even feel sporting. Disaster. 

This one doesn’t even need you to ruin it. Yes. That bad. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

This is obviously wrong, so I guess you have no issue.

We will see, he done the tough yards against the likes of Juggernauts such as the WKU Hilltoppers and the big bad UTSA Roadrunners - what possibly could go wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ron Jeremy said:

We will see, he done the tough yards against the likes of Juggernauts such as the WKU Hilltoppers and the big bad UTSA Roadrunners - what possibly could go wrong.

Oh so that's your issue..  not that he wasn't thought of as a top 10 pick 3-4 months ago? so when you said that you was wrong? okay got it. cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't even know where to start...but I'll try to cover this..

Size -

1st - He's not short - he's 6'2" and change - 214.  It's not particularly small.  

2nd - There is NO, NONE correlation between size and injuries in the NFL. Prove me wrong.  Have the smaller QB's been injured more?  The answer, of course is NO.  The running QB's certainly have - which you see more of in both Lawrence and Wilson.  People keep spewing it, even though it's simply untrue.  I know you're a smart man - you're better than just regurgating stuff that simply isn't true.

3rd - Wilson missed 3 games as a three year starter - this injure prone thing is simply nonsense...

 

Long passing game -

Seriously? He has incredible long accuracy.  Again, that's not based on stats...it's based on actualy study of his film by real scouts - this stuff has been proven and you can find anywhere.

Back foot thing?

Come on....Just silly

His arm is far superior to Sam's - they'r not even close.  

Wilson's footwork is top tier.  Perfect? of course not.  he has work to do...

But if the best you have is - his long ball is only good because of the talent he plays  and he has a back foot thing.

I want you to really think about that - and then think about the level of prospect we have....

 

Don't like the guy..fine - I can totally get that - but just repeating untruths is what drives me nuts.

So any criticism that may be out there about Wilson is all fake news, he's actually perfect at all those things.  Got it.  

And you wonder why I lol at people like you. 

Ok Fidel, he's perfect.  Looking forward to seeing it on the Pro field.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Are you serious?

I'm going to save this one - and we'll see after week 1.  The level of animosity toward him and the over amplification of everything he did wrong will be on full display.

Save whatever you like, you clearly live in a complete fantasy world of your own making, so I have no doubt you're see "rooting against him" in anything anyone says that isn't in line with your worldview of Wilson's total and complete perfection.

I mean lets be serious, you just claimed, with no hesitation, that the generally accepted concerns with Wilson are all fake news untruths, that's he basically perfect. 

There is no discussion to be had with that kind of extremism.  

Like I said, we'll all see soon enough how good he is or isn't.  And if we draft him, be assured, EVERY Jets Fan will root for him and every one will want him to win.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

you're doing the mirror image of what you're accusing others of.  Some are clearly overrating Wilson and overlooking his flaws, you are vastly underrating his skillset and his status as a prospect.

 

Having any concerns now, even those I basically stole from a bunch of Pro scouting sites/writers, lol, is now = "vastly underrating his elite skillsets of perfection".

Good to see nothing has changed in Jets Fandom.  If we draft him, he is elite perfection personified with no issues, no weaknesses, and anyone who thinks otherwise must be rooting for him to fail.

Gonna be a fun summer with the Wilson Inquisition.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I’ll be rooting for nothing more than his survival and the chance to go play for an actual NFL franchise after his 3 years of purgatory, 

Sad...  but this is true   name one person happy to be drafted by the JETS   Especially the Johnsons Jets 

Tom Brady would have sucked if a Jet   

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Sad...  but this is true   name one person happy to be drafted by the JETS   Especially the Johnsons Jets 

Tom Brady would have sucked if a Jet   

 

 

 

 

 

Nah. He’d make a fine career back  up. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Having any concerns now, even those I basically stole from a bunch of Pro scouting sites/writers, lol, is now = "vastly underrating his elite skillsets of perfection".

Good to see nothing has changed in Jets Fandom.  If we draft him, he is elite perfection personified with no issues, no weaknesses, and anyone who thinks otherwise must be rooting for him to fail.

Gonna be a fun summer with the Wilson Inquisition.

 

did these pro scouting sites tell you 6'2" is short or did you make that sh*t up on your own?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’m sure a lot more have heard or Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields  and Mac Jones. 

So you were pretty familiar with Mac Jones and his game prior to this year? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

did these pro scouting sites tell you 6'2" is short or did you make that sh*t up on your own?

6' 2" 210, totally perfect, just like everything else about him. 

So glad I have guys like you and Fidel to reeducate me as to the elite unquestionable doubt-free perfection sure thing that Wilson so obviously is, I feel so much better.

I can sleep soundly tonight now.  Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...