Are you excited about drafting Zach Wilson?

Are you excited about drafting Zach Wilson?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about drafting Zach Wilson

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tbh I don't get excited about anything anymore, ever since the accident. 

I'm always excited about the Jets until we start playing games

Yes. But I'd be excited drafting Fields.  Or Lawrence.  Or Mac Jones. My excitement is about a "new start" with Saleh, with a new QB not named Sam Darnold. It isn't specific to Wilson,

Posted Images

On 4/26/2021 at 1:17 PM, T0mShane said:

Simple yes or no question. Obviously, it’s a wait and see thing/let’s rally around the pick/let us pray/etc, but, right now, will you be excited about the Jets adding Zach Wilson on Thursday? 

6 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

NFL scouts were familiar with Wilson.  Just because he wasn't on ABC and you didn't see him it doesn't mean he wasn't on the radar of NFL teams.

He was.  Did a breakout year help his national exposure - for sure.  But his natural skill-set was never going to get past NFL scouts.

Far too often people confuse ESPN with NFL front offices.  They are very different entities with different goals, jobs and agendas.

I’m not talking about any of that. I said the Jet fans. 

• Upvote 1

Here's my optimism talking....

I'm excited to think Zach Wilson COULD be the next great QB to come out of BYU. Steve Young was GREAT, so why can't Wilson be as good? I'm also excited to know that JOE DOUGLAS learned what NOT to do watching Mac hang Sam Darnold out to dry. He's going to put a great supporting cast around Zach. If Zach fails, it will NOT be because the Jets f*cked him over or Sammy.....

42 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I will be happy but I would not be shocked if he picked Fields.  JD has done nothing that the media says he will do. 

Watch the Beck video posted in main. The only way we do not take Wilson is if JAX takes him

• Haha 1
On 4/26/2021 at 1:33 PM, The Crusher said:

No. He will die here. 

Yeah, and just like always, forever a Jets fan wearing a clown suit to a funeral. Sigh. I wish I had an interest in snail racing. Those bastards are slow as molasses. Ever see as escargo? 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Yeah, and just like always, forever a Jets fan wearing a clown suit to a funeral. Sigh. I wish I had an interest in snail racing. Those bastards are slow as molasses. Ever see as escargo? 

To be fair clown suits are the only thing that hide my fupa, kind off. 

3 hours ago, prime21 said:

I will be happy but I would not be shocked if he picked Fields.  JD has done nothing that the media says he will do. 

This ... i'd be severely disappointed ..but will support whoever is under center.

I am excited and will root for him as much as any  player ever but I think the smart move was to keep sam one more year-trade that pick down like the what the niners package was and draft weapons all around sam-I would have taken a top tight end in pitts the top rb and top lineman available . I fully believe sam will be extremely productive in carolina just like I thought letting robby go was dumb.

Joe is tied at the hip to how the wilson era goes-if he busts out(I pray he does not) and Sam flourishes Joe is toast(I hope not)

I truly hope Joe learned from HIS mistakes with Sam-give Wilson weapons and protection F the defense this year do that next year and address that next year in the draft and FA -if you are going to draft a qb that high focus all efforts on making him have a shot to play well

• Upvote 1

I hope joe is not going to be stupid and draft corners and edge rushers early do that late and hope you find a bargain

drafting defense early is boderline criminal with the holes on offense and investing in our 2nd franchise qb in such a short time

On 4/26/2021 at 6:43 PM, T0mShane said:

Draft him, sit him for as long as it takes to build up the OL and get the new receivers acclimated. The dude is likely to be unpopular in the locker room at first as it is, don’t put it on him to learn the NFL game while the rest of the squad is still figuring it out. 

They’ll tease him, but they’ll bond. He’ll win their respect with great play as the Jets begun a slow, Phoenix-like rise to inevitable glory.. Hallelujah. The missiles are flying. 

On 4/27/2021 at 10:32 AM, shuler82 said:

I used up all of my allotted excitement for young QBs in 2018 on Sam. Forgive me if I’m more measured in my enthusiasm this time around. 

I’m more excited  on the Saleh hire. Feels like he could be the right choice for once... or at the very least, end the downward spiral of ‘it can’t possibly get worse..hold my beer’ hires from end of Rex to Bowles to Gase.

At least he won’t be alone on the bench, staring at his Denny’s menu.

1 td 7 INTs anytime Zach Wilson faced an actual defense in college 

and the Wilson ballwashers need to stop acting like he played at Bergen community college, BYU is a major division I program 

• Upvote 1

He'll be a bust, like every other QB the Jets have drafted since Ken O'Brien..... who in true Jets fashion, was drafted ahead of Marino.

Nothing against Wilson - I have Z E R O faith in any first round savior-style pick the Jets make. 5 years from now Wilson / Fields / Whomever won't be on the roster.

Bunch of Wilson handjob 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:21 PM, jetsrule1969 said:

Sure. Not a knock or commentary on anyone who says No, but when I stop being excited/hopeful in these type of situations is probably when I'd stop watching personally.

I'm getting close to that door...actually at the door with my hand on the knob.

1 hour ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

He'll be a bust, like every other QB the Jets have drafted since Ken O'Brien..... who in true Jets fashion, was drafted ahead of Marino.

Nothing against Wilson - I have Z E R O faith in any first round savior-style pick the Jets make. 5 years from now Wilson / Fields / Whomever won't be on the roster.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude! Bose sport earbuds are awesome. Hey, maybe this kid ain’t so bad. 

Big Bose guy here are they good in the market for a pair. 

Dad RIP always said you get what you pay for. 

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Big Bose guy here are they good in the market for a pair. 

Dad RIP always said you get what you pay for. 

Best I’ve own . Stay in my ears perfectly, very nice clean sound. Solid range on them. I got the sport ones. 

Incredibly excited and to be honest there are several posters I hope have no internet access to piss alll everyone's joy with the same BS trolling they had done incessantly for months.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
33 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Incredibly excited and to be honest there are several posters I hope have no internet access to piss alll everyone's joy with the same BS trolling they had done incessantly for months.

Eh, why let the pessimism of others bother you?

We were all s*cking each other's d*cks after we drafted Darnold - how did that work out?