49ers planning to have Jimmy G "whacked" by the mob

20 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/26/kyle-shanahan-no-guarantee-jimmy-garoppolo-will-be-on-roster-after-draft/

“I can’t guarantee that anybody in the world will be alive on Sunday, so I can’t guarantee who will be on our roster on Sunday,” Shanahan said.

Sounds like they're looking to unconventional methods to solve a salary cap problem. Once again, we have a sleepy GM who's not looking at every option to get Mosley's contract off the books. 

It sounds like you have a problem, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. 

• Haha 1

it could be douglas is hearing garapollo is going to be traded or released and will pick him up to be the vet qb until wilson is ready.  or he'll pick up garapollo and not pick a qb at all and trade down.  the pick hasn't been made yet so while these are low percentage scenarios they do exist.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it could be douglas is hearing garapollo is going to be traded or released and will pick him up to be the vet qb until wilson is ready.  or he'll pick up garapollo and not pick a qb at all and trade down.  the pick hasn't been made yet so while these are low percentage scenarios they do exist.

Zach Wilson is Kellen Clemens with injury issues.  He might be ready in an alternate universe 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/26/kyle-shanahan-no-guarantee-jimmy-garoppolo-will-be-on-roster-after-draft/

“I can’t guarantee that anybody in the world will be alive on Sunday, so I can’t guarantee who will be on our roster on Sunday,” Shanahan said.

Sounds like they're looking to unconventional methods to solve a salary cap problem. Once again, we have a sleepy GM who's not looking at every option to get Mosley's contract off the books. 

See the source image

• Upvote 1

#2 for #3 and Garrapolo.

Draft Pitts.

Jimmy G knows the offense. We can be immediately competitive. 

Pitts is our Shannon Sharpe / George Kittle. Draft Kyle Trask later in the draft as our future QB. 

Use the rest of the draft in OL, WR, EDGE, and BPA.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

#2 for #3 and Garrapolo.

Draft Pitts.

Pitts is our Shannon Sharpe / George Kittle. Draft Kyle Trask later in the draft as our future QB. 

BOOM

34A0A581-FAB1-4033-A542-02494BE50E5C.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Shanny got all defensive in a presser, basically saying “we know what we’re doing, more that Twitter”. Like preemptive defense of taking Mac Jones... if that happens, you can fully expect me to bump my post from months ago where I said the NFL didn’t just forget what the past 45-years of prototypical QB looks like.

If not, well, I’m still right.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

or-tonight-you-sleep-with-the-fishes.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1

JETS FANS: "We shouldn't draft Zach Wilson because he played against lesser competition in college, and is injury-prone."

ALSO JETS FANS: "We should trade for Jimmy Garoppolo, who played against lesser competition in college, and is injury-prone."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

#2 for #3 and Garrapolo.

Draft Pitts.

But Jimmy G has a big contract.  Would have to add a few draft picks coming our way from San Fran that I dont think they have.  Otherwise I would do it.

Teams are going to wait to see exactly what happens.  A qB could cut his hand in the kitchen and lose a finger.   But I think it is likely that Garropolo is playing elsewhere in 2021. 

The Patriots and Panthers and waiting to see who falls to them.  Watch where the second tier QBs go-Trask, Mills, Mond.  Higher than expected is my prediction.