Chris Simms mock has Justin Fields going to TB at #32

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm still not buying SF traded up for Mac Jones.

I think Fields goes 3 to the 49ers - is my guess here.  (I'm gonna put some money on that one too)

Now if he does drop out of the top 10 there is a reason...it's not racism, but there is something on his tape and/or something the teams learned after speaking with him that scared them off.

I don't know what that is but if he, in fact, does drop out of the top 10 - he might go further for a while.  If multiple QB needy teams pass there's gotta be something real there.

I don't see him getting past BB though.

I hope he go’s at 3 to the Jets. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm still not buying SF traded up for Mac Jones.

I think Fields goes 3 to the 49ers - is my guess here.  (I'm gonna put some money on that one too)

Now if he does drop out of the top 10 there is a reason...it's not racism, but there is something on his tape and/or something the teams learned after speaking with him that scared them off.

I don't know what that is but if he, in fact, does drop out of the top 10 - he might go further for a while.  If multiple QB needy teams pass there's gotta be something real there.

I don't see him getting past BB though.

I think we do this fans. But we have to remember these scouts and GMs aren’t in the Mensa club. I really think if you got the right type of intellectuals (NOT a bunch of data only people ala the browns) together they’d run circles on these guys. Again maybe this is the south Asian kumon math trained guy in me coming out lol. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

SF has nothing more to trade.  

Jets are taking a QB at 2.  Maybe it is Fields and JD has just been messing with the football world for 3 months. Stranger things have happened.

I know you and I have gone back and forth over this debate but at least we agree that we just have our two/three flipped. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

SF has nothing more to trade.  

Jets are taking a QB at 2.  Maybe it is Fields and JD has just been messing with the football world for 3 months. Stranger things have happened.

They have a two and I’d take Jimmy G (@Philc1)   so Fields could sit and learn a bit and so New England won’t ever get him! LOL Yes, it’sok to be thankful I’m not the Jets GM, 

Just now, The Crusher said:

They have a two and I’d take Jimmy G (@Philc1)   so Fields could sit and learn a bit and so New England won’t ever get him! LOL Yes, it’sok to be thankful I’m not the Jets GM, 

Oh I’d take that. Thought we should have kept darnold to do the same thing. But that would actually manage to be a better move. Jimmy is an even better bridge. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Precisely.  At this time, almost every mock starts with a premise and is then designed to support that premise.  Simms is 'all-in' on Fields being trash and this one was designed to get him to fall all the way to the bottom.  

I don't even waste my time watching video mocks.  If I can't read it, hard pass.  But I find it implausible that PHI, WFT, NE, and especially CHI would pass on him for any player left on the board once Lance and Jones are gone.  I would also expect NO and MIN to take hard looks.  

Simms is feeling good about some of his past predictions, which turned out quite prescient, but this one is pure negative entertainment.

Sure...and one doesn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to realize he's doing a smear job...a former NFL player like him.  A son of a former Supe MVP winner Phil.  former players should never participate in an assassination attempt on a young player's career...like is happening to Fields.   He crossed the line.  And for clicks?  His editor ordered him to do it for ratings?  He's a pos for doing this to a kid...who may have spent the last ten or more years of his life working to make his dream come to fruition.   

IMO...that's why it's worth while bringing this up.   Former players should never cross the line like Chris Simms just did to Fields. 

JMO 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

man ive never seen a qb prospect beaten down like fields wtf?

Ehhh, Aaron Rodgers fell like a rock to Green Bay and ended up sitting behind Favre and becoming a HOF. Justin drops he might end up in a better team with an incumbent QB and have a chance to learn the game before being thrown to the wolves. Could very well serve him long term, 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheMo said:

I think we do this fans. But we have to remember these scouts and GMs aren’t in the Mensa club. I really think if you got the right type of intellectuals (NOT a bunch of data only people ala the browns) together they’d run circles on these guys. Again maybe this is the south Asian kumon math trained guy in me coming out lol. 

I do often wonder about that.  

I like to believe, like in the business world, the best people that rise to the top, i.e. become GM's or HC's.  

But then I realize how small of a pool the NFL is pulling from to find these guys. It's a relative tiny group for such a lucrative business.

It's probably why some teams seem to always be good and others always bad. 

If a team happens to find an intellectually superior mind - that team will be head and shoulders above their competition.  

• Upvote 1

If I told you my success rate at getting people off to sleep as an anesthesiologist was the same as these fools my hope is you wouldn’t all be talking about what an expert I was and how complicated things are in healthcare (which they are). These guys are bad but are never held accountable. Like a crappy weather person. 

3 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I can see Fields dropping like a rock, kind of a Geno Smith deal, and it's not racism.

Prior to the draft, there were rumors floating about Geno displaying a lousy attitude in some of the team interviews. That came to fruition when he was here.

Unless I've missed it, all indications are that Fields is a pretty good kid. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ehhh, Aaron Rodgers fell like a rock to Green Bay and ended up sitting behind Favre and becoming a HOF. Justin drops he might end up in a better team with an incumbent QB and have a chance to learn the game before being thrown to the wolves. Could very well serve him long term, 

I think the Steelers would be all over him if he dropped. That would be a great place for him to end up, sitting behind Ben for a year.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheMo said:

I know you and I have gone back and forth over this debate but at least we agree that we just have our two/three flipped. 

Yes, I like Fields a lot.  

If he ends up being the choice at 2 I would be super excited.  There's a lot to like there.  I actually think the Jets are a playoff contender with Fields this year.  Not with Wilson. 

Fields running ability will make him a more effective QB this year...while they learn the NFL position - he'll be able to do more.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Yes, cause the NFL always get the QB orders right.

I mean, the goofs in the media are far worse.

Last year there were plenty of dipsh*ts on ESPN, FS1, etc who were acting like it was blasphemy to take Burrow or Herbert over Tua.

The year before that the Stephen A Smith’s and the like were bashing the Giants for taking Daniel Jones over Dewayne Haskins and trying to make it a racial issue. Jones hasn’t lit the world on fire but he sure as hell was the right pick over Haskins.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I do often wonder about that.  

I like to believe, like in the business world, the best people that rise to the top, i.e. become GM's or HC's.  

But then I realize how small of a pool the NFL is pulling from to find these guys. It's a relative tiny group for such a lucrative business.

It's probably why some teams seem to always be good and others always bad. 

If a team happens to find an intellectually superior mind - that team will be head and shoulders above their competition.  

You hit the nail on the head. It’s very self contained circle. I might have great ideas for the Jets but they would be like “a physician who’s never played football...we know better”. I’ve run into the same thing in medicine. I just got my executive MBA and one of the professors who does operations (healthcare is specific focus outside of the classroom) commented that most physicians didn’t accept the principles like I did because they would comment that the business people didn’t get how their situation was different. So it’s not just the NFL, but I think that gets me is that we accept their failure as it being way harder than it is in actuality to get it right in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, I like Fields a lot.  

If he ends up being the choice at 2 I would be super excited.  There's a lot to like there.  I actually think the Jets are a playoff contender with Fields this year.  Not with Wilson. 

Fields running ability will make him a more effective QB this year...while they learn the NFL position - he'll be able to do more.

Who are you and how did you hack into Fidelio's account?!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Prior to the draft, there were rumors floating about Geno displaying a lousy attitude in some of the team interviews. That came to fruition when he was here.

He could be a great person but if he bombs the interviews he'll fall.

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

If the worst case for Fields was a Deshaun Watson/Lamar Jackson hybrid then he would be the slam dunk #1 pick in the draft and maybe the greatest prospect in history.

The dude clearly has flaws

I think those flaws are exaggerated and neither Lamar Jackson nor Desean Watson have won anything, notice I didn’t say he was Mahomes.

actually, Trevor Lawrence is the slam dunk #1 pick you mentioned and before this crazy Covid season Fields was considered, since HS, to be very close to TL as a prospect.

Again the health issue is a red flag, no doubt but if you know the player, you know  he will be a  starting QB in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

One of three things is happening.

1) It's a smoke screen by multiple teams in the NFL trying to talk teams out of taking him so he drops to them...Which is highly unlikely

2) He goes to the 49ers at 3 and this is all just media noise - I think this is what's going to happen.

3) There is a real red flag there - something the media doesn't see - but it's clear NFL teams do. Whether it's in his game, mental make-up or personal issues, It could be the epilepsy thing is scaring teams off too.  I don't know - but if he drops out of the top 10 there's something absolutely real there.  

If I *really* believed Fields would drop out of the top half of the round, I would absolutely be exploring a trade down with a team like DEN at 9, or even PHI at 12.  Getting 2021 2nd and 3rd and 2022 1st and 2023 1st round picks would not be a stretch.  Fields plus those picks vs. Wilson?  If I really believed that would happen, I would find it hard to lay off.

Perhaps if Fields drops to 12, that's a phone call waiting to happen.  I can't recall if a team has drafted a player and traded him in the same round afterwards since Eli/Rivers but it would be a mind-blowing trick.

1 minute ago, Leftylarry said:

I think those flaws are exaggerated and neither Lamar Jackson nor Desean Watson have won anything, notice I didn’t say he was Mahomes.

actually, Trevor Lawrence is the slam dunk #1 pick you mentioned and before this crazy Covid season Fields was considered, since HS, to be very close to TL as a prospect.

Again the health issue is a red flag, no doubt but if you know the player, you know  he will be a  starting QB in the NFL.

By the clueless hacks in the media. No one else.

Fields is trash. The NFL teams see straight through him. 

I'm not sure I understand why people are calling it a hit job?  He has an opinion on ranking he isn't influencing GM's to pick Fields later or earlier.  He is an analyst and giving his opinion.

I also agree Fields and Lance are the worst of this class and almost surefire busts.  I disagree with him about TL but who knows it's more about where they end up at this point.  No QB is going to succeed given the Darnold treatment.