Chris Simms mock has Justin Fields going to TB at #32

20 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

Fair enough points you're making. 

And I'll reserve my opinions about Simms until after the draft.  See how much Fields falls.  If Fields is taken in the first half of this draft.  That's a huge difference than what Simms so called expertise claims teams are going to do.  Yes he is knowledgeable.   Especially you would think on QB.   

You know very well I'm not a Fields cultist.  And actually have slightly preferred Wilson over him.  And posted so.  

Like everyone...I've been following the QB situation.  And weighing the pros and cons of these prospects. So yea...I'm on board with Wilson. 

I've said my piece...said how I feel about media bias and talking heads agenda's.  I never trust the media...owned by the billionaire class.  And many are flunkies that work in it.  And prefer sports blogs and fan made publications anytime over mainstream media.  Be it the sports variety or political.  

WTH, Simms says more than once its based on what hes been led to believe about teams needs and that there wont be teams drafting QBs in the mid to late picks.  Has less to do with Fields, more to do with teams filling other positions

Its not a smear campaign or being dumb.  Simms QB picks have been pretty dead on in the recent past

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

WTH, Simms says more than once its based on what hes been led to believe about teams needs and that there wont be teams drafting QBs in the mid to late picks.  Has less to do with Fields, more to do with teams filling other positions

Its not a smear campaign or being dumb.  Simms QB picks have been pretty dead on in the recent past

Yea...I could be wrong.  Never said anything negative about Simms before. 

I Just find it very contrived that Fields gets "saved" from falling out of the 1st round by TB.  Tom Brady made a significant salary adjustment of around $19 mil so as to bring back players and add pieces for another push for the Supe.  IMO Brady would be furious if TB honored his sacrifice by taking a QB to hold a clipboard for a couple of years.  Rather then to add another piece that can help now.  It just doesn't seem realistic.   When you have a Tom Brady...the window of opportunity is now.  And you go all out to get players that can contribute now.  

Yes...I do realize Fields is falling.  And that it can be justifiably so.  I've brought that up in other threads myself. 

I've said my piece...now we'll see where Fields gets picked.  I don't think anyone but Chris Simms thinks it's going to be pick #32...TB. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I dont really love Wilson either...but I see the criticism with Fields. His mechanics are off and he throws like a pitcher (it has gotten better). 

I'd probably go Jones over Wilson, but I'd have both of those guys ahead of Fields.

Does his mechanics affect his accuracy?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

...now we'll see where Fields gets picked.  I don't think anyone but Chris Simms thinks it's going to be pick #32...TB. 

I would bet Simms doesnt believe thats where Fields will wind up.   I think he said as much when he said that he just cant find a team in the last part of his mock that will take a QB.   I think it was more a take on demand, not on Fields abilities 

• Upvote 1

I would bet Simms doesnt believe thats where Fields will wind up.   I think he said as much when he said that he just cant find a team in the last part of his mock that will take a QB.   I think it was more a take on demand, not on Fields abilities 

You know what...I'm so over it.  

Zack Wilson has been my preference.  And the excitement is building.  Where almost there!  I'm just thinking...and mocking...on what JD's going to do tomorrow to build this team around him.  

Can't wait?

20 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

You know what...I'm so over it.  

Zack Wilson has been my preference.  And the excitement is building.  Where almost there!  I'm just thinking...and mocking...on what JD's going to do tomorrow to build this team around him.  

Can't wait?

Youre over what, discussing something?

Noted but no one is criticizing you, just was trying to say youre overthinking this.

Stop reading all the deep thought Wilsons haters are putting into finding faults in the kid 

Youre over what, discussing something?

Noted but no one is criticizing you, just was trying to say youre overthinking this.

Stop reading all the deep thought Wilsons haters are putting into finding faults in the kid 

Lol...my discussion/criticism was over Chris Simms mocking Fields being picked #32 by TB.  

Don't you remember that's what you responded with me about?  Nothing to do with Zack Wilson.   

I haven't been influenced by Fields fanatics or Wilson haters. 

IMO...JD-Saleh-LaFleur and Knapp...have got this choice right...it's ZW. 

11 minutes ago, GreenReaper said:

Lol...my discussion/criticism was over Chris Simms mocking Fields being picked #32 by TB.  

Don't you remember that's what you responded with me about?  Nothing to do with Zack Wilson.   

I haven't been influenced by Fields fanatics or Wilson haters. 

IMO...JD-Saleh-LaFleur and Knapp...have got this choice right...it's ZW. 

LOL, my bad, was a brainfart response 

• Haha 1

I agree 100% with your opinion on Simms saying Fields going at 32 is a bad prediction or to a lesser degree possible click bait but when it comes to actually rating the QB's I think he has Fields as his number 5 prospect. For all we know 5 QB's can possibly go in the first 15 picks and they very well might. I should have been more clear that I was talking only the QB rankings which did go slightly off topic. Fort the most part Simms has been pretty spot on evaluating QB's so I respect his opinion while some others tend to bash the hell out of anything that does not fit their opinion and we are probably all guilty of this to some extent .
Yeah in today's NFL there's a considerable gap between Fields being the 5th rated QB and Fields going 32.

Simms doesn't see a team in the middle of the round that wants a QB? Has he seen teams jump back into R1 to grab a QB that fell so they get the 5th year option? Sure he has.

8 hours ago, isired said:

Yeah in today's NFL there's a considerable gap between Fields being the 5th rated QB and Fields going 32.

Simms doesn't see a team in the middle of the round that wants a QB? Has he seen teams jump back into R1 to grab a QB that fell so they get the 5th year option? Sure he has.

Simms has his reasons for hating fields and they are mostly valid 

That said, I’d rather go Fields at 23 and take Pitts at 2nd overall

On 4/27/2021 at 10:22 AM, JiFapono said:

Simms knew exactly what he was doing rating Mond ahead of Fields and he knows exactly what he's doing continue to drop him. He's wrong and will be proven to be wrong not only about this moronic take but about his overall QB projections as well.  

Animated GIF

On 4/27/2021 at 12:31 PM, choon328 said:

That epilepsy thing is going to cause him to drop whether that seems fair or not. Epilepsy can cause immediate and short term memory loss.  Side effects can cause concentration issues which can cause issues with learning and storing new information. It may be why there have been rumors that he's having his football IQ criticized within the league. 90% of the QB position is about recall and processing. The epilepsy diagnosis only adds fuel to that narrative, unfortunately. Guys have tanked for less. 

going around stick figure GIF

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2021 at 7:59 AM, Jet Nut said:

Jason Segel Dancing GIF