Jump to content

Knowing what we know now with Fields sliding...


Pointdexter
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Who gives a flying f'ck how highly rated  a prospect was before actually doing anything.

Christian Hackenburg must have been a fav of yours, uber highly rated coming into college and played at Penn State not some shlub college.

Also I see no ownage at all in your post above, you made a statement, the other poster refuted your statement, you came back and changed the parameter of your statement.

Off of your original statement you are the one that got owned.

I dont appreciate your tone.  I did nothing to you and I did nothing to earn being talked to in this manner.  It's rude and unnecessary.

The poster I was conversing with asked a question while challenging my expert analysis.  Therefore, I gave him an answer and in the process, undeniably I owned his tushy.  If you're going butt into a conversation, be respectful, understand the conversation and reply accordingly and appropriately.

 

 

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

Agreed but Fromm was SAFER in his mind and don’t think those hometown Boosters happiness doesn’t play a role, it does.Wasnt Fromm 24-5 at Georgia? Pretty difficult to argue the success even if my guy Fields is more dynamic.

Right, but Fields was a hometown GA guy too (although for *ahem* obvious reasons maybe not as beloved by boosters) and sometimes you need to pull the trigger.

Saban moving off Hurts for Tua at half time of the 17-18 title game won them a championship.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Seems to me you dont understand what a prospect means.  Let me explain it to you so you can understand.

Justin Fields was a higher rated more desirable prospect then Zach Wilson.  He was #2 in the country at the QB position, #1 duel threat.  Therefore, since it was 100% fact that he was a better prospect, he received offers from every single major program in the country, while nobody gave a **** about Zach Wilson who ended up playing for an irrelevant program.  Make sense now?

Now let me destroy your silly little post; 

Big Ben was drafted behind 2 better prospects who played at Power 5 conference schools.   Eli Manning and Philip Rivers.

Pat Mahomes was taken after Mitch Trubisky, who played at UNC.

Josh Allen was drafted after Mayfied and Darnold, Oklahoma and USC.

Matt Ryan was the first QB off the board.

QB's for 30 years ago have zero correlation to this conversation.

Justin Fields is the highest rated Ohio St. player to ever take the field, your stupid examples are irrelevant.

Oh and Zach Wilson will be taken after a better prospect, named Trevor Lawrence who picked the power house that is Clemson.

I own you.  Step up your game.

 

i'm sorry.  here i was thinking we were discussing who to draft in the nfl, not who our favorite college programs are going to sign on signing day.

when people on a jets board, in the lead up to the nfl draft where the jets own the 2nd pick and are assumed by pretty much everyone to be taking a QB, discuss who is a better prospect, one would assume they mean as a pro.  not 5 years ago coming out of high school.

maybe you are still living in the past, where you think it's fun to act like a d-bag clown and pose as some faux tough guy.  but this is the real world sparky and the grown ups were discussing who the jets may take to be their QB as a pro. 

but maybe you also thought the jets should have drafted ryan perilloux, mitch mustain, jimmy clausen, ryan mallet, dayne christ, terrelle pryor, ej manuel, matt barkley, aaron murray, jake fromm, max browne, and garrett gilbert, among other 5 star PROSPECTS.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Would you rather stay put and take Zach Wilson at #2, or would you risk trading out and go for a combo of Pitts/Suggs/Sewell to go along with Justin Fields later in Rd 1?

So you the choice is:

A. Wilson

B. Fields and Pitts/Suggs/Sewell (plus probably additional future draft capital)

 

*Obviously this is a gamble because you don't know when Fields will be drafted and you could possibly be left out with only Kyle Trask as the next best option.

 

Am I really the only one sitting here trying to figure out who Suggs is?🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

 

i'm sorry.  here i was thinking we were discussing who to draft in the nfl, not who our favorite college programs are going to sign on signing day.

when people on a jets board, in the lead up to the nfl draft where the jets own the 2nd pick and are assumed by pretty much everyone to be taking a QB, discuss who is a better prospect, one would assume they mean as a pro.  not 5 years ago coming out of high school.

maybe you are still living in the past, where you think it's fun to act like a d-bag clown and pose as some faux tough guy.  but this is the real world sparky and the grown ups were discussing who the jets may take to be their QB as a pro. 

but maybe you also thought the jets should have drafted ryan perilloux, mitch mustain, jimmy clausen, ryan mallet, dayne christ, terrelle pryor, ej manuel, matt barkley, aaron murray, jake fromm, max browne, and garrett gilbert, among other 5 star PROSPECTS.

Oh, we were, until you apparently needed to understand what being a prospect meant.  Now that we've covered it and want to get back to the draft,  I guess we can play make believe and pretend like the Justin Fields wasnt thought of as the better prospect until the hype machine  was turned up to epic levels in Jan 2021 like we've never seen before and suddenly a player that nobody knew existed 6 months earlier leap frogged the 2 prospects who had been 1a and 1b for a decade.

You must really like Mitch Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Sam Darnold, Mark Sanchez, Cadarle Jones, and guys like Paxton Lynch, Jordan Love, Jamarcus Russell all the other 1 year wonder bust draft riser PROSPECTS.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

maybe you are still living in the past, where you think it's fun to act like a d-bag clown and pose as some faux tough guy.  but this is the real world sparky and the grown ups were discussing who the jets may take to be their QB as a pro.

In preparation of the clean up, this post has been reported.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Oh, we were, until you apparently needed to understand what being a prospect meant.  Now that we've covered it and want to get back to the draft,  I guess we can play make believe and pretend like the Justin Fields wasnt thought of as the better prospect until the hype machine  was turned up to epic levels in Jan 2021 like we've never seen before and suddenly a player that nobody knew existed 6 months earlier leap frogged the 2 prospects who had been 1a and 1b for a decade.

You must really like Mitch Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Sam Darnold, Mark Sanchez, Cadarle Jones, and guys like Paxton Lynch, Jordan Love, Jamarcus Russell all the other 1 year wonder bust draft riser PROSPECTS.

 

seems your reading comprehension is as lacking as your understanding of the word fact.

i have not made any conclusions.  i have not even offered an opinion of who the jets should take.  i readily admit i am in no position to evaluate them, having seen wilson play a handful of snaps and seeing fields play in parts of a few games.  

but what i do know is that how someone was viewed as a PROSPECT coming out of high school is utterly and completely meaningless in evaluating the nfl draft.  i will trust the professionals to make the decision.  doesn't mean they will always make the right choice.  but they sure have more information and more experience in making these judgments than some internet blowhard who seems to think that being a higher ranked QB coming out of high school means diddly squat to being prepared to succeed in the nfl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

 

Pat Mahomes was taken after Mitch Trubisky, who played at UNC.

Josh Allen was drafted after Mayfied and Darnold, Oklahoma and USC.

 

 

while it may be a little premature to rule on the latter grouping, i think you just blew up your theory of taking the "better prospect" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Except that is not the A vs. B scenario.

Pitts and Field (2 and 23) vs. say, Wilson and Harris or Wilson and an OL (2 and 23) is a more apt comparison.

Love your signature.  

May need to copy and paste the next time he spins and blames it all on JD.  As hes done 5 or so times already

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Oh, we were, until you apparently needed to understand what being a prospect meant.  Now that we've covered it and want to get back to the draft,  I guess we can play make believe and pretend like the Justin Fields wasnt thought of as the better prospect until the hype machine  was turned up to epic levels in Jan 2021 like we've never seen before and suddenly a player that nobody knew existed 6 months earlier leap frogged the 2 prospects who had been 1a and 1b for a decade.

You must really like Mitch Trubisky, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Sam Darnold, Mark Sanchez, Cadarle Jones, and guys like Paxton Lynch, Jordan Love, Jamarcus Russell all the other 1 year wonder bust draft riser PROSPECTS.

But the pretty throws facing Salt Lake City State

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...