BYU vs USC 2019... A few possible future Jets in this game...

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Why does zach wilson always misses his fakes on play action

probably just how they teach it.  Alot of teams on play action out of gun, dont teach i tight mesh or an empty hand fake, they say just lower the ball and let the rb fake with his arms.  Only time youd really be doing a tight mesh would be on a read because the back may actually be getting the ball.  

Thinks are a little different under center, there some offenses will usually teach empty hand ball fakes, and tighter play action. Thats more about LB flow where as spread and air raid teams tend to be geared more towards speed of getting the ball out after a fake. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

probably just how they teach it.  Alot of teams on play action out of gun, dont teach i tight mesh or an empty hand fake, they say just lower the ball and let the rb fake with his arms.  Only time youd really be doing a tight mesh would be on a read because the back may actually be getting the ball.  

Thinks are a little different under center, there some offenses will usually teach empty hand ball fakes, and tighter play action. Thats more about LB flow where as spread and air raid teams tend to be geared more towards speed of getting the ball out after a fake. 

Don't have anything to add but just wanna shout out that Chad Pennington is the best PA QB I've ever seen (in terms of fakes). He was better than Peyton, who gets mad pub.

Ok, I'll add one thing. The way you explained it is how I see Josh Allen doing fakes. Their offense doesn't even care about establishing the run and will PA like 20 times without a run player, so I definitely see that, just trying to get the ball out after a quick fake.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

26 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Don't have anything to add but just wanna shout out that Chad Pennington is the best PA QB I've ever seen (in terms of fakes). He was better than Peyton, who gets mad pub.

Ok, I'll add one thing. The way you explained it is how I see Josh Allen doing fakes. Their offense doesn't even care about establishing the run and will PA like 20 times without a run player, so I definitely see that, just trying to get the ball out after a quick fake.

Chad was insanely good, but what he did was almost insane because he completely turned his back to the defense and stood there after fakes hiding the ball.  He was right up there as one of the best to ever do it. 

It depends who you talk to alot of times, like anything on the offensive side of the ball its a matter of opinion and style.  I've talked to guys that hate the "half a**ed" play fakes, and think its useless. But I know a lot of spread and air raid guys that say even just the little hesitation can freeze an LB enough to get the slant in there, or create just enough space to clear a dig, so really it just depends whose teaching it and what they believe in.   I personally have always been more of an empty hand, full ball extension and ride the read even on play action but mostly because I like consistency. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Chad Pennington had the Best play action... PERIOD...  whereas Peyton was Terrible... yet received nothing but praise from tv announcers... funny because other QB's made reference to how Peyton always over sold the play action. 

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Chad Pennington had the Best play action... PERIOD...  whereas Peyton was Terrible... yet received nothing but praise from tv announcers... funny because other QB's made reference to how Peyton always over sold the play action. 

Facts 

• Upvote 1