John Beck talks to/about Zach & The Jets

Jetsbb

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

First, he's not in the pocket there. He's at least a solid 5 yards behind it, 10 yards behind the LOS. I don't care how good his arm is, he needs to stop doing that. 

Second, there are 7 guys blocking 4. I'm not an expert on him nor BYU's tendencies, but my guess is he probably didn't get 7 guys staying in to block with regularity in college either. 

Which also means he has 3 receiving targets against 7 defenders.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Never heard it put that way, but um yeah I guess that's true.

Also despite all the billions of people on earth now, and cumulatively for the 100K+ years of H.sapiens before us, every week there are still just 7 days. Crazy, I know, but think about it. #mindblown

that group of 40 includes such luminaries as Marcus Mariota, Carson Wentz and Mitchell Trubisky. 

Yes, THE Mitchell Trubisky. Hold your applause, please. 

• Haha 2

And how do you expect the same BYU radio people to talk about playing in the NYC area?  Do you think they really know anything about it?  This is the BYU network. The national media doesn't give  the Jets fair and accurate reporting. Why would BYU TV be any better?  They know as much about playing and living in NYC and the Jets as I do about playing and going to school at BYU - nothing.

• Upvote 1

The Jets have been an unabashed train wreck for a decade. Lawrence didn’t want to be here either. Hell he get got Urban to come to Jacksonville, something the Johnsons would have never signed off on.The Johnsons are the worst owners in the NFL, this isn’t some secret.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't recall any QB prospect ever being this whiney about his potential landing spot. I know some prospects have genuinely not wanted to play in some places, but this is next-level millenial entitlement and spoiled brat type cowardice.

Umm...

Ever heard of guys named John Elway or Eli Manning?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I haven't heard him say a thing about it.

I hear a lot of people saying they're telling him he should be worried....but not a peep from him.

Reputable NFL personalities have shared that he's talked to them about it. That's as close as you'll come to "hearing from him". Hahahahha... "you haven't heard from him".

Just now, nycdan said:

Umm...

Ever heard of guys named John Elway or Eli Manning?

I literally acknowledge them. There's a wide gap between "I don't want to play there" and the baby poo soft sh*t coming from Zach's conversations with his influencers.

4 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Beck had a lot of good things to say there about the Jets, and more specifically Douglas, Saleh and LeFleur. Nice to hear. 

Agreed.  Folks should listen to the interview -- much different than I expected after seeing the comments in the thread.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I literally acknowledge them. There's a wide gap between "I don't want to play there" and the baby poo soft sh*t coming from Zach's conversations with his influencers.

In what way is asking questions worse than literally refusing to play for a team, which those two guys did.  You're grasping.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  Folks should listen to the interview -- much different than I expected after seeing the comments in the thread.

All of these interviews and evaluations are nuanced. So the anti-Zach (let’s call them Antiza) crowd takes the negative parts and runs with it. And the pro-Zach crowd takes the positive arguments and runs with it. 

39 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Reputable NFL personalities have shared that he's talked to them about it. That's as close as you'll come to "hearing from him". Hahahahha... "you haven't heard from him".

Yeah. Just listened to the Beck thing. That’s first person Zach being concerned.  Again I have no problem with it, but I was clearly wrong about him not saying it.  

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

This x 1000000

Kids sounds scared and spoiled. Unreal.

I can't recall any QB prospect ever being this whiney about his potential landing spot. I know some prospects have genuinely not wanted to play in some places, but this is next-level millenial entitlement and spoiled brat type cowardice.

Trade back. He's not for us... this isn't NY tough. This is Charmin buttwipe soft.

And Elway and Manning didn't..

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

First, he's not in the pocket there. He's at least a solid 5 yards behind it, 10 yards behind the LOS. I don't care how good his arm is, he needs to stop doing that. 

Second, there are 7 guys blocking 4. I'm not an expert on him nor BYU's tendencies, but my guess is he probably didn't get 7 guys staying in to block with regularity in college either. 

Hail Mary?

This x 1000000

Trade back. He's not for us... this isn't NY tough. This is Charmin buttwipe soft.

Only crazy dockers like us like the Jets. You can't possibly blame him, can you?

58 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

How bout, fu*k no. So someone wants to do their DD on a situation and thats considered soft? So you get a job offer from a company that might not have had the best reputation in recent years, but they have new management and seem like they're trying to go in the right direction but still have that previous reputation over their heads. Asking around about some concerns you have is considered soft? NO, thats actually considered being smart and doing your own DD on the situation to try and put yourself in a position to succeed and not fail. People are throwing around dumb fu*king takes left and right on here

He's put himself in position to be the 2nd pick in the NFL draft because he's a great QB prospect.  He has zero control on where he's going to play unless he's willing to force a trade by refusing to play.  

He's a Mormon from Utah and all the BYU media are Mormons.  They're reflexively both afraid of NYC and want to go to clubs all night, drink all night and have sex with nasty hot NYC girls who are religiously repressed in a completely different way than Mormon girls from Utah.  This is a ritual guilt excersize by a small town founded by Brigham Young.  The Brigham Young who led thousands of Mormons across the mountains, deserts and  Indian lands to claim their home near the Great Salt Lake and seperate themselves from the great unwashed masses, particularly the ones that reside in NCY.  The town that sends their lads out to missions across the world to bring GOD and the Book of Mormon in to the hearts and minds of savages throughout the world and NYC in particular.  

He's not going on a job interview to just anywhere.  He's being enslaved in a city that makes Sodom and Gomorrah look like the Bible belt.   He's scared and he's also excited.  He's about to enter Hell and not just any Hell but NYC Hell the greatest Hell in the NFL.  

Once he gets a few drinks in him and has sex with a few girls from Brooklyn he's going to be just fine. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

2 more days.? Can't get here fast enough.

Sad thing is, it's not going to change a thing on the board.  The people who HATE Wilson for some reason, are still going to come here every day and piss on anything positive being said about him.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Engineer said:

How bout, fu*k no. So someone wants to do their DD on a situation and thats considered soft? So you get a job offer from a company that might not have had the best reputation in recent years, but they have new management and seem like they're trying to go in the right direction but still have that previous reputation over their heads. Asking around about some concerns you have is considered soft? NO, thats actually considered being smart and doing your own DD on the situation to try and put yourself in a position to succeed and not fail. People are throwing around dumb fu*king takes left and right on here

If I got my job via a draft, I’d have gone #1 overall.

Whats worse, a “dumb effing take” or metaphor as false equivalency?

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

In what way is asking questions worse than literally refusing to play for a team, which those two guys did.  You're grasping.

In my day, a man took a hard line. He didn’t pussyfoot around like a yellow bellied, lilly livered chicken.

• Haha 1

This x 1000000

Absolutely begging you bitchy old duffers to do a simple Google search and some mental math and figure out how old millennials actually are

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

that group of 40 includes such luminaries as Marcus Mariota, Carson Wentz and Mitchell Trubisky. 

Yes, THE Mitchell Trubisky. Hold your applause, please. 

Could you like try and make 5 positive non-snarky troll posts a day until Monday? It is a time of hope and celebration not despair.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

It's bizarre they're making it so public.  Like, they've  pretty much gone out of their way to make it known.  It was his question for Steve Young on that silly Herbstreit show.  It's almost as if his camp is trying to piss off the Jets by saying this sh*t and leaking he's the pick, etc. in hopes they pass on him so he can end up in San Fran.

^^^This guy gets it^^^

Add Cowherd to the list as well.  Sounds like a many NFL people and the media would rather see him play elsewhere.  I want JD to draft him anyway.    

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

^^^This guy gets it^^^

Add Cowherd to the list as well.  Sounds like a many NFL people and the media would rather see him play elsewhere.  I want JD to draft him anyway.    

Cowherd on Thursday morning:  "The Jets should take 100% Fields.  They would be crazy to take Wilson.  The 49ers are just waiting to pounce on Fields at #3."

Cowherd on Friday morning: "The Jets have no idea what they are doing taking Fields.  The 49ers steal Wilson and once again show the NFL how it's done."

Which pretty much describes most of the talking heads these days.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1