John Beck talks to/about Zach & The Jets

Jetsbb

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I literally acknowledge them. There's a wide gap between "I don't want to play there" and the baby poo soft sh*t coming from Zach's conversations with his influencers.

If I was one of his influencers I be like,” hurry, go tongue swap a chick with mono!” 

first time ive actually felt like its a done deal. the fact that Beck says he spoke to the jets about the infrustructure that needs in place to make Wilson successful is all i need to know (i mean on top of everything else pointing to this being a done deal lol)

• Upvote 2

This x 1000000
Kids sounds scared and spoiled. Unreal.
I can't recall any QB prospect ever being this whiney about his potential landing spot. I know some prospects have genuinely not wanted to play in some places, but this is next-level millenial entitlement and spoiled brat type cowardice.
Trade back. He's not for us... this isn't NY tough. This is Charmin buttwipe soft.

John Elway and Eli Manning refused to play for the teams that drafted them.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I literally acknowledge them. There's a wide gap between "I don't want to play there" and the baby poo soft sh*t coming from Zach's conversations with his influencers.

Yeah, not wanting to plat there is a lot worse than asking questions about what to expect or how to deal with playing somewhere.  Somewhere where he'll go.

49 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Cowherd on Thursday morning:  "The Jets should take 100% Fields.  They would be crazy to take Wilson.  The 49ers are just waiting to pounce on Fields at #3."

Cowherd on Friday morning: "The Jets have no idea what they are doing taking Fields.  The 49ers steal Wilson and once again show the NFL how it's done."

Which pretty much describes most of the talking heads these days.

The talking heads, including Greenie, just like the narrative where the Jets fail.  They'd prefer Wilson in SF because of the history between Young and ZW.  They prefer the legacy story instead of the turn-around story.  Hence, the are trying to sow doubt.  They only want to advance their own brand and drive clicks much like our current political process.  Narrative sells.   We'll see what JD does on Thursday but I like that John Beck is helping ZW find tools to survive and thrive in any environment. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pac said:

I've never seen so much fear surrounding a supposed top QB going to a particular team.

Man the F up and believe you're good enough to succeed no matter where you're headed.

I have yet to hear any whining or fear from the Fields or Lawrence camps.

That is old-think that has died out with the concept that a player was joining a team. Players are now a business, where financial stability and professional and lives are dependent on factors they cannot control.

Look at Darnold, a seemingly promising and financially lucrative career built on years of training, sacrifice and preparation now jeopardized largely because of the decisions of corporate and coaching leadership. Darnold is the skeleton along the path Wilson is now likely treading.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Ian Fleming said:

That is old-think that has died out with the concept that a player was joining a team. Players are now a business, where financial stability and professional and lives are dependent on factors they cannot control.

Look at Darnold, a seemingly promising and financially lucrative career built on years of training, sacrifice and preparation now jeopardized largely because of the decisions of corporate and coaching leadership. Darnold is the skeleton along the path Wilson is now likely treading.

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Beck had one thing right, if they turn this thing around, it will be a great place to win football games. Just ask guys like Doc Gooden, Marc Messier and Joe Namath. A starved fan base finally given the championship it has craved will love you forever.

Really? Good portion of this board detest Joe Willy. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Really? Good portion of this board detest Joe Willy. 

Count me among them. The guy cost the Jets at least one more Championship. But, I'd still ask for a pic and autograph if I met him. Just imagine how he's treated by the the throngs of fans who don't detest him. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pac said:

I've never seen so much fear surrounding a supposed top QB going to a particular team.

Man the F up and believe you're good enough to succeed no matter where you're headed.

I have yet to hear any whining or fear from the Fields or Lawrence camps.

Fields couldn't deal with ******* Athens, Georgia, Bruh.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This x 1000000

I can't recall any QB prospect ever being this whiney about his potential landing spot. I know some prospects have genuinely not wanted to play in some places, but this is next-level millenial entitlement and spoiled brat type cowardice.

Trade back. He's not for us... this isn't NY tough. This is Charmin buttwipe soft.

well put. this is a real concern.

44 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Count me among them. The guy cost the Jets at least one more Championship. But, I'd still ask for a pic and autograph if I met him. Just imagine how he's treated by the the throngs of fans who don't detest him. 

I think we already have a pictures with him. Autographed even. 

1 hour ago, Ian Fleming said:

Darnold has made 25 million before his 24th birthday and the 5th year option will be picked up.

If his career ends in 2 years he will have made close to 50 million dollars.  Who can't live the rest of their life on that?

Any QB taken in top 5 is already set for life unless they go Vince Young.

5 hours ago, Grandy said:

Basically Beck was saying how when he was drafted, the situation in Miami was desolate but he raved to Zach about our current structure, especially in coaching. Said he personally knows and admires LaFleur. Reiterated that it'll be completely different for Zach compared to him and he's spoken to us about how we're going to get the most out of him. Seemed overall very confident in us being able to develop Wilson. 

Well done. Unlike many here based on their comments, you actually listened to the complete interview. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Beck had one thing right, if they turn this thing around, it will be a great place to win football games. Just ask guys like Doc Gooden, Marc Messier and Joe Namath. A starved fan base finally given the championship it has craved will love you forever.

He also nailed the NY media and fans. It’ll be all rosy at first, give him nicknames etc..But if the team and/or Wilson struggles they quickly turn against you. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Grandy said:

Wilson's QB coach.

He was a 2nd round pick of Miami in 2007. After the season Huizenga blew up the whole organization dumping the GM, coaching staff. The new regime came in (Parcells, Sparano) drafted Chad Henne, signed Pennington. After ‘08 he was released. Went to Baltimore for a couple of seasons. Then went to Washington when Mike Shanahan was HC and Kyle was OC. 

Based on his early career experience w/Miami he explained to ZW that he will be going into a more stable environment with Douglas, a new CS and knows the system they’ll be running since he basically played in it in Washington. 

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This x 1000000

10 ply

• Haha 1

At the end of the day their is a good chance all three of the top qb prospects bust.... 

I've come around to drafting Wilson but don't think anyone is a surefire absolute top 10 starting QB in the league. I'm not tied to any position. I'm gonna love watching the people hating on Wilson now either change their time or actively root against our new QB. That's my idea of entertainment.