John Beck talks to/about Zach & The Jets

Jetsbb

57 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

Once again, you are operating under the assumption that there will be no meaningful draft capital sunk into the line. If that happens, I share your frustration and agree with your assessment. I legitimately doubt that happens though. If they double down on the same stuff that got Darnold what he got, they deserve the ridicule. I maintain that if they take care of this guy, he has the talent to take them where they want to go. 

we probably have different definitions of meaningful draft capital 

i suspect they don't take an OL at 23 and maybe not until late day 3 

they will draft a long term Fant replacement but no one who will challenge to start right away 

let's see what happens 

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

chartering a plane is paying for the use of a plane. 32 teams charter a plane (or own their own)

yes the Jets charter a plane from JetBlue. That's not the extent of the relationship however.

JetBlue is the official airline partner of a few teams like NEP and yes NYJ 

they are a stadium level advertisement that goes on top of the Virgin Airlines official airline partner of the NFL money 

put it another way if the Jets pass on ZW, Uncle JetBlue could call and stop his sponsorship 

it's a relationship that ebbs and flows maybe next year they advertise more etc. 

it's not the only reason but all three QBs being equal JetBlue is a fortune 500 company that sponsors the team. It's free money, Woody's favorite kind

Its the worst take anyone has come up with.   And theres been lots of bad ones.  

You can keep going with it.  First the uncle was going to subsidize Wilsons life if he fails, now its a JetBlue thing.  If the Jets still chartered commercial flights would the Jets draft a relative tied to United or whoever?   Let me ask you this what's worth more financially in the big picture, saving a couple of bucks on flights or an increase to ad pricing or winning games?   

Let Uncle pull sponsorship.  There are sponsors lined up trying to get placement within stadiums etc.

Free money, its what Woody likes, LOL, amazing

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Its the worst take anyone has come up with.   And theres been lots of bad ones.  

You can keep going with it.  First the uncle was going to subsidize Wilsons life if he fails, now its a JetBlue thing.  With, why not, Woody at fault.  

Let Uncle pull sponsorship.  There are sponsors lined up trying to get placement within stadiums etc.

Free money, its what Woody likes, LOL, amazing

everything is always about money 

when people say it's not about the money, what they are usually saying is, give me more money. 

side note the Jets have 25 mil in cap room after FA, 3rd most in the league. 

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

we probably have different definitions of meaningful draft capital 

i suspect they don't take an OL at 23 and maybe not until late day 3 

they will draft a long term Fant replacement but no one who will challenge to start right away 

let's see what happens 

Ok...fair. They will spend at least one if not two of their first 5 picks on OL, IMO. That is between day 1 and day 2. By the end of Friday night, we’ll have at least one new OL. I think that’s a likely scenario. 

Just now, RVAJet815 said:

Ok...fair. They will spend at least one if not two of their first 5 picks on OL, IMO. That is between day 1 and day 2. By Friday night, we’ll have at least one new OL.  I think that’s a likely scenario. 

ok let's walk this dog and say they draft Spencer Brown or Dillon Radunz at some point rd 2-3

those guys don't protect ZW until 2022. 

31 minutes ago, Pac said:

True but as mentioned earlier at least he said from the start he would not play there which enabled SD to make adjustments.  This not so cloak and dagger whimpering by team Zippy is different.

One of several reasons why they should have traded down with SF instead of letting MIA get the pleasure.

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2021 at 3:22 PM, Pac said:

I've never seen so much fear surrounding a supposed top QB going to a particular team.

Man the F up and believe you're good enough to succeed no matter where you're headed.

I have yet to hear any whining or fear from the Fields or Lawrence camps.

Im sure Sam believed he was good enough and where did that get him..on the panthers..oh wait...

Zach dont worry, after you suffer here, you are going to be rewarded by going to a better team.

On 4/27/2021 at 3:45 PM, Integrity28 said:

This x 1000000

Kids sounds scared and spoiled. Unreal.

I can't recall any QB prospect ever being this whiney about his potential landing spot. I know some prospects have genuinely not wanted to play in some places, but this is next-level millenial entitlement and spoiled brat type cowardice.

Trade back. He's not for us... this isn't NY tough. This is Charmin buttwipe soft.

You must mean since Eli Manning, who outright threatened to re-enter the draft a year later if the Chargers didn't trade him. It doesn't get much more whiny & spoiled brat than that. Remember him posing with the Bolts "1" jersey with that mopey puss on his face? Got his way an hour later, and he won two SBs playing in the exact same place Wilson will (assuming he's our pick). 

Elway did the same thing to the Colts.

Jim Kelly with Buffalo (actually he singled out 3 teams, including Buffalo). 

Bo with Tampa Bay.

Kobe with the Hornets.

There were far more, I'm sure, who expressed unease and we didn't know about it because they never reached the level of outright refusal to play for this or that team. 

That said, I agree with you that I don't love it but this is nothing compared to the above A-list prospects. I didn't love it when Eli or any of the others did it either. Thought it made him look like a snot-nosed punk, and every bit of a spoiled brat whose daddy felt the rules should apply to everyone but Princess Sheli. Like everyone coming out of school wouldn't want to choose where they start their careers. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You must mean since Eli Manning, who outright threatened to re-enter the draft a year later if the Chargers didn't trade him. It doesn't get much more whiny & spoiled brat than that. Remember him posing with the Bolts "1" jersey with that mopey puss on his face? Got his way an hour later, and he won two SBs playing in the exact same place Wilson will (assuming he's our pick). 

Elway did the same thing to the Colts.

Jim Kelly with Buffalo (actually he singled out 3 teams, including Buffalo). 

Bo with Tampa Bay.

Kobe with the Hornets.

There were far more, I'm sure, who expressed unease and we didn't know about it because they never reached the level of outright refusal to play for this or that team. 

That said, I agree with you that I don't love it but this is nothing compared to the above A-list prospects. I didn't love it when Eli or any of the others did it either. Thought it made him look like a snot-nosed punk, and every bit of a spoiled brat whose daddy felt the rules should apply to everyone but Princess Sheli. Like everyone coming out of school wouldn't want to choose where they start their careers. 

This would be fine if ZW was kobe mamba Bryant or bo knows Jackson 

He's just some guy getting overdrafted 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

everything is always about money 

when people say it's not about the money, what they are usually saying is, give me more money. 

side note the Jets have 25 mil in cap room after FA, 3rd most in the league. 

Not true.  

When people think billionaires are going to nickle and dime each other it laughable.  The Jets have to hire transportation.  Its a business expense.  A relatively small one.  

Side not, they off season isnt over.  And the Jets have more draft picks than most teams, more to spend.  They also can still make trades and or sign FA that will be cut in the near future

The Jets have historically spent.  You can keep whining that they havent.  Your cheap angle routine is tiresome and as with most of what you post, fantasy

Cap space? Team Cap Space: $24,917,069. Today, not after the draft. 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/new-york-jets/

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So Wilson is going to get hurt in 2021 and the Jets will have to draft another QB?

As an example we should look at the Bengals.  Makes sense

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean turning what was a simple conversation/question about how to deal with a fanbase craving a winner, coming off so much losing into an indictment on someones mental toughness?  As if this wouldnt be a conversation any top QB prospect should/would have before being drafted to Jax, NY etc?  

Nah, better to shlt on our picks toughness for asking the obvious.

are you in the middle of a stroke? nothing you are saying is coherent.

51 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This would be fine if ZW was kobe mamba Bryant or bo knows Jackson 

He's just some guy getting overdrafted 

I don't think it's fine from anyone. Left to the devices of me-me-me prospects, all the best ones would flock to a half dozen teams and the league would suck. It's bad enough as it is, where historically bad teams - like the Jets - have also historically been poor drafters. 

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

are you in the middle of a stroke? nothing you are saying is coherent.

Really?  The example of a rookie QB getting hurt and then the team has to redraft the position would be the Bengals?  Are you agreeing with him?  Because last time I checked the Bengals arent redrafting the QB position.  Pretty obvious

Have no idea what you cant get a handle on.  A player who's a top pick and knows hes going to a losing organization asks a NFL vet how to deal with that fanbase and people are twisted over this?  People see discussing this into weakness and I see something being made out of nothing by those who just have to find things to complain about

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not true.  

When people think billionaires are going to nickle and dime each other it laughable

The Jets have historically spent.  You can keep whining that they havent.  Your cheap angle routine is tiresome and as with most of what you post, fantasy

Cap space? Team Cap Space: $24,917,069. Today, not after the draft. 

1) billionaires are often ridiculously frugal. Warren buffet wears fruit of the loom 

2) factually, the Jets are almost dead last in cap spend today and that includes the dead 5 mill on darnold. There are 30 teams that spent more on their roster this year 

14 hours ago, bitonti said:

ok let's walk this dog and say they draft Spencer Brown or Dillon Radunz at some point rd 2-3

those guys don't protect ZW until 2022. 

I think they can spend picks 24 and 34 on OL and it won’t make an appreciable difference because Wilson is going to face a significantly higher volume of pressure than he’s ever seen in his life, regardless of who is blocking for him.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

1) billionaires are often ridiculously frugal. Warren buffet wears fruit of the loom 

2) factually, the Jets are almost dead last in cap spend today and that includes the dead 5 mill on darnold. There are 30 teams that spent more on their roster this year 

No, billionaires arent often ridiculously frugal.  How do you even throw that out there like its a fact.  Someone said that Buffet wears fruit of the looms?  What does that prove?  He happens to like them?  

You need to research before complaining.  I could care less where they are if theyre building a roster.  Secondly there is absolutely no indication that either of the J&J brothers are telling JD how to spend. Third youre wrong, you went into your act that the Jets would be 25 mil under the cap after signing rookie deals and thats wrong.  Theyre $24,917,069 mil under now with what 14 mil? needed for rookies?  Free agents that are going to become available?  Who cares that it includes $5mil in dead money on Darnold?    How does that change anything?

You want to play your "the Jets are cheap" silly little routine at least have your numbers.  Youre wrong.  Again.  And once again cant just say, "damn, I screwed up, youre right" and move on.  

The numbers dont lie

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

No, billionaires arent often ridiculously frugal.  How do you even throw that out there like its a fact.  Someone said that Buffet wears fruit of the looms?  What does that prove?  He happens to like them?  

You need to research before complaining.  I could care less where they are if theyre building a roster.  Secondly there is absolutely no indication that either of the J&J brothers are telling JD how to spend. Third youre wrong, you went into your act that the Jets would be 25 mil under the cap after signing rookie deals and thats wrong.  Theyre $24,917,069 mil under now with what 14 mil? needed for rookies?  Free agents that are going to become available?  Who cares that it includes $5mil in dead money on Darnold?    How does that change anything?

You want to play your "the Jets are cheap" silly little routine at least have your numbers.  Youre wrong.  Again.  And once again cant just say, "damn, I screwed up, youre right" and move on.  

The numbers dont lie

The list you just provided proves the Jets are 30th in spending 

Everybody has rookies to sign. They entered free agency with the 2nd most cap space and they left it with the 3rd most cap space 

Meanwhile teams like KC disregard the cap and trade for Orlando brown 

That's the difference between wanting to win and just going through the motions

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think they can spend picks 24 and 34 on OL and it won’t make an appreciable difference because Wilson is going to face a significantly higher volume of pressure than he’s ever seen in his life, regardless of who is blocking for him.

That's also true but if they can establish a running game it will help James Morgan after ZW is on the IR 

I don't think there will be any linemen of value on the board at 23 fwiw 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Everybody has rookies to sign. They entered free agency with the 2nd most cap space and they left it with the 3rd most cap space 

Why would the Jets use up all their cap space on a team that's not contending? 

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Why would the Jets use up all their cap space on a team that's not contending? 

The real question is Why wouldnt they? 

That's how teams become a contender, by making good decisions about the roster 

Cap space doesn't win games 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The real question is Why wouldnt they? 

That's how teams become a contender, by making good decisions about the roster 

Cap space doesn't win games 

Because they shouldn't lock into big contracts on a team that's a question right now. That would hurt long term flexibility. The Jets spent a lot of money on teams that contended. And they will when they contend now. There's no impact players to that degree that would make them jump from a question mark to a contender through free agency. You know this.

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What are you talking about, I didn't provide a list, I provided proof that the Jets are 25m under the cap today.  They still need to spend on the rookie draft class.  And any FAs they may be interested in signing or players they may want to trade for.  Its still April and youre really whining about how much cap $s they have to spend? 

Nothing says there cheap other than you. Youre seeing things.  

Once again you just throw shlt out there. 

33 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Because they shouldn't lock into big contracts on a team that's a question right now. That would hurt long term flexibility. The Jets spent a lot of money on teams that contended. And they will when they contend now. There's no impact players to that degree that would make them jump from a question mark to a contender through free agency. You know this.

Signing Marcus maye to a long term deal gives them another chunk of short term cap. Look at KC and new Orleans. Teams gain cap space by giving more money to their players. The jets run an austere program by comparison. They end up having all this space and never signing anyone homegrown 

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What are you talking about, I didn't provide a list, I provided proof that the Jets are 25m under the cap today.  They still need to spend on the rookie draft class.  And any FAs they may be interested in signing or players they may want to trade for.  Its still April and youre really whining about how much cap $s they have to spend? 

Nothing says there cheap other than you. Youre seeing things.  

Once again you just throw shlt out there. 

There are no more free agents to sign. Every team has a rookie draft class to sign. 

Look at the other teams on that link you posted. The real number is cash spend 

The Jets use the cap to trade players like Darnold and mosely while other teams use the same cap on players 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Signing Marcus maye to a long term deal gives them another chunk of short term cap. Look at KC and new Orleans. Teams gain cap space by giving more money to their players. The jets run an austere program by comparison. They end up having all this space and never signing anyone homegrown 

There are no more free agents to sign. Every team has a rookie draft class to sign. 

Look at the other teams on that link you posted. The real number is cash spend 

The Jets use the cap to trade players like Darnold and mosely while other teams use the same cap on players 

WTF does any of this have to do with the Jets are 25 mil under the cap with rookies to sign and FA or trades to explore?  Or that looking at salary caps in April and making comments like above are pointless?

There are no FAs to sign?  The second round of FA is what, mythical?  Teams wont cut players replaced with rookies after the draft?  Your first year following football?