Off-season has come full circle thread- Would Houston trade Deshaun Watson for Zack Wilson straight up?

Wit

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why are we still talking about Deshaun Watson?

Why?

It’s the full circle thread! I was wondering if the ZW hype is enough now to trade him for Watson. He’s going to settle and perhaps her a suspension and then play again.

4 minutes ago, Wit said:

It’s the full circle thread! I was wondering if the ZW hype is enough now to trade him for Watson. He’s going to settle and perhaps her a suspension and then play again.

At this point, yeah, the Texans probably would be willing to trade Watson straight up for #2.

But seeing as how it’s unlikely that Watson plays a single down this year (at least), the Jets would have to have dildos protruding from each ear to make that move.

Take Wilson and build the hell out of the team around him with the picks that you’ve accrued over the next two years.

Logic...something that I’m hoping has finally set in with this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

At this point, yeah, the Texans probably would be willing to trade Watson straight up for #2.

But seeing as how it’s unlikely that Watson plays a single down this year (at least), the Jets would have to have dildos protruding from each ear to make that move.

Take Wilson and build the hell out of the team around him with the picks that you’ve accrued over the next two years.

Logic...something that I’m hoping has finally set in with this team.

I don’t see him missing more than one year. How is that different from playing Alex smith for a year while a rookie QB sits? I’m willing to  build the team for another year and buy DW low. 

Just now, Wit said:

I don’t see him missing more than one year. How is that different from playing Alex smith for a year while a rookie QB sits? I’m willing to  build the team for another year and buy DW low. 

What do you mean how is it different?

One situation has the Jets taking a 21 year old QB with the upside to be a Top 10 player at his position for the next decade plus...the other has you taking a highly talented dipsh*t who already has upwards of 25 women accusing him of shooting his load all over them unwillingly.

Watson is a damn good QB whose career may already be ruined at 25 years old.

I’m not taking that chance 

We have the opportunity to grab the highest ranked QB we’ve had since Namath on a dirt cheap deal for half a decade with a stockpile of additional picks to put him in the best position to succeed.

Don’t toss that out the window in favor of some jackass making $35+ million a year who could wind up being Bill Cosby 2.0

Just now, Untouchable said:

What do you mean how is it different?

One situation has the Jets taking a 21 year old QB with the upside to be a Top 10 player at his position for the next decade plus...the other has you taking a highly talented dipsh*t who already has upwards of 25 women accusing him of shooting his load all over them unwillingly.

Watson is a damn good QB whose career may already be ruined at 25 years old.

I’m not taking that chance 

We have the opportunity to grab the highest ranked QB we’ve had since Namath on a dirt cheap deal for half a decade with a stockpile of additional picks to put him in the best position to succeed.

Don’t toss that out the window in favor of some jackass making $35+ million a year who could wind up being Bill Cosby 2.0

If you go with the premise (using historical information from other players who have committed crimes) and the fact that he clearly needs help for an addiction, that he won’t miss more than a year, would it be worth it to you? As much as I hate to say it, his career is not over.  We can suck for another year knowing that we have a stud coming back for us. 

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Wit said:

If you go with the premise (using historical information from other players who have committed crimes) and the fact that he clearly needs help for an addiction, that he won’t miss more than a year, would it be worth it to you? As much as I hate to say it, his career is not over.  We can suck for another year knowing that we have a stud coming back for us. 

No

I was all about making a move for Watson before the rub and tug allegations came to light.

But after reading all of the in-depth stuff that has surfaced, especially in this day and age? Not a chance.

Be it Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, or whoever...take one and build up the OL and offensive skill positions over the next two years.

We finally have a front office and coaching staff that are on the same page as well as plenty of draft assets and cap flexibility.

Maybe we can finally do things right for once before I keel over.

• Upvote 2