Draft Day Meet Up 2021

Last year  a  decent amount of Jetnation met up via Zoom to watch/discuss the draft.  From my experience being there, it was awesome!  I'm wondering if this is being done again for this year's draft.  If so, who is facilitating and can you share the meeting room info in this thread. This draft will be pivotal!

Nfl Draft Football GIF by New York Jets

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

i have several video appearances to do that night (FBG Audible, Carolina Fandom) but would like to drop in on the Jets zoom in between 

if no one steps up I'll make the meeting but I can't run it

I have an appearance to make at my daughter's school but it may be over early enough to catch the middle of the 1st round given how slowly it will likely proceed.  

In my absence, my dog will be happy to sit in.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, DoubleDecker said:

Last year  a  decent amount of Jetnation met up via Zoom to watch/discuss the draft.  From my experience being there, it was awesome!  I'm wondering if this is being done again for this year's draft.  If so, who is facilitating and can you share the meeting room info in this thread. This draft will be pivotal!

Nfl Draft Football GIF by New York Jets

I can setup a google meet for up to 100 people if there is interest in it.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I can setup a google meet for up to 100 people if there is interest in it.

If i'm not mistaken, i think we're running of a pro-Zoom account. think the allowable volume is quite high. We had a quite a few last year. 

• Upvote 1

I have an appearance at Casa Slatsito, where I’m expected to be intoxicated and pass out while they’re picking in the teens. Should someone want to swing by and wake me for the Jets second pick, I have a guest room. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

If i'm not mistaken, i think we're running of a pro-Zoom account. think the allowable volume is quite high. We had a quite a few last year. 

A pro zoom account allows 100.  I can do the same thing on Google Meet.  It allows for break out rooms as well. If anyone wants to break out that is lol.

I am confused to, people were asking for a video option so I said I could go a Google Meet. I prefer we talk on the forums the old fashioned way. I didn't know there was already a Zoom, so I don't have to do the Google Meet. That is just what we use here, so I had it. Didn't realize there was already a Zoom.

Enjoy everyone.

22 hours ago, nycdan said:

I have an appearance to make at my daughter's school but it may be over early enough to catch the middle of the 1st round given how slowly it will likely proceed.  

In my absence, my dog will be happy to sit in.

Unacceptable. Draft first, daughter second... clearly lol

23 hours ago, bitonti said:

i have several video appearances to do that night (FBG Audible, Carolina Fandom) but would like to drop in on the Jets zoom in between 

if no one steps up I'll make the meeting but I can't run it

I expect your hair to be as long as last time. If that is not the case I will not allow you into the zoom lol

44 minutes ago, TheMo said:

@Maxman I will be hosting on a full zoom account through my university. Is it OK to post the link? Didn't want you to get in trouble ala the in season game time zoom I tried to organize lol. Otherwise I've been allowing @Paradis@More Cowbell@Dcat to just spread the word via messaging.

I don't want to stifle anything but generally speaking anything that takes people away from the site and posting here less -- that makes me die inside lol.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't want to stifle anything but generally speaking anything that takes people away from the site and posting here less -- that makes me die inside lol.

Haha fair enough. Trust me I’ll be on both. Especially if the pick somehow isn’t Wilson. 

Side note. If people can use there usernames as their names it would make my life easier. Unfortunately in today’s world people like crashing zooms where they just cause havoc. Happened in some of my other meetings so if I can at least ID people in the waiting room it will help screen some of that out. If you can’t change your name for some reason not the end of the world.