What am I missing with Penei Sewell?

I’m probably one of the few here who would go with Slater over Sewell.  The upside on Sewell is great, could certainly be elite.  But the floor on Slater is much higher, he’s much more versatile, I saw him neutralize Chase Young in a 2019 game and then we saw him back it up with a great 2020.  In the finally analysis, seeing Slater play all of 2020 and confirm his talent is what would give him the edge over Sewell for me if I was a GM.

Sewell still goes Top 10 but it might more like #8 to Carolina.  I’d also put a 25% chance on Slater being taken before him.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:54 PM, jetstream23 said:

I’m probably one of the few here who would go with Slater over Sewell.  The upside on Sewell is great, could certainly be elite.  But the floor on Slater is much higher, he’s much more versatile, I saw him neutralize Chase Young in a 2019 game and then we saw him back it up with a great 2020.  In the finally analysis, seeing Slater play all of 2020 and confirm his talent is what would give him the edge over Sewell for me if I was a GM.

Sewell still goes Top 10 but it might more like #8 to Carolina.  I’d also put a 25% chance on Slater being taken before him.

I like Slater but Sewell is going to be a beast in Detroit.  Lions are having a good offseason