I'm Super Excited about Tommorow/Future

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Like these guys? LOL

image.png

Funny thing is that SEA will clearly be on paper a significantly worse team than they were last year. Not only did they lose among the most talent in FA period they have no draft capital at all. Our #1 from them can definitely be much higher than expected.

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Weren't you like super pissy/borderline trolling within the last week or two?

Glad to see the change of heart, lol. I'm optimistic about the franchise too.

No I have criticized certain moves which triggers the JD cult. Different. Doesn’t mean I’m not rooting for a successful draft 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Funny thing is that SEA will clearly be on paper a significantly worse team than they were last year. Not only did they lose among the most talent in FA period they have no draft capital at all. Our #1 from them can definitely be much higher than expected.

They have some talented players on that team, and as long as Russ is on the field, they have a chance to win games.  But it will be fun rooting for them to suck eggs, won't it? :)

45 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Color me optimistic. 

One thing is clear, by Sunday, this team will be a better team then it is today. We will have our starting QB, an improved O line, a young CB prospect and hopefully an offensive weapon or two. 

We have a whole new MUCH IMPROVED coaching staff, and prob the best coaching hire of the off season. I truly think we will and can compete this year and moving forward compete EVERY year. 

Tomorrow I do hope JD emphasis is offensive. We made some gradual D improvements in FA.  We cannot make the same Darnold mistake nor do I think the Jets will. I feel confident about this weekend and rooting for a solid draft. On Sunday, lets JET UP for 2021 together when all draft debates are over. 

One thing I realized is we likely have to get good CB play from the draft starting now and from past players like Hall, Austin, etc. The seriously bad damaging last Revis contract and the TJohnson contract would make anyone wary of spending that much coin on a FA CB no matter how good they are.  JD as GM likely would not want to touch a high priced CB with a ten foot pole. We are going to have to develop them and for this next few days see where we can get value there. We know they will fly off the board before #23 with the best ones that are healthy and we should not use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a CB after major surgery this past offseason as those are 2 draft slots we need players to contribute immediately at IOL, a Skill position on O i.e WR/TE/RB, or an Edge Rusher. Please no CBs coming off back surgery, 3 concussions, etc. We took the risk with Hall in the 5th round and that's fine, but should not do that until the 3rd day of the draft if that. Heck, on that day we have a 4th, 2 5ths, and 2 6ths that could net some important players for this team or contribute to a major trade up that net a better prospect than where our earlier picks lie.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

No I have criticized certain moves which triggers the JD cult. Different. Doesn’t mean I’m not rooting for a successful draft 

Which punch bowl will the JD cult kool-aid be in at tomorrow's draft party so I'd know not to drink it?

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Color me optimistic. 

One thing is clear, by Sunday, this team will be a better team then it is today. We will have our starting QB, an improved O line, a young CB prospect and hopefully an offensive weapon or two. 

We have a whole new MUCH IMPROVED coaching staff, and prob the best coaching hire of the off season. I truly think we will and can compete this year and moving forward compete EVERY year. 

Tomorrow I do hope JD emphasis is offensive. We made some gradual D improvements in FA.  We cannot make the same Darnold mistake nor do I think the Jets will. I feel confident about this weekend and rooting for a solid draft. On Sunday, lets JET UP for 2021 together when all draft debates are over. 

I'm with you.

Super excited about what this team will look after this weekend.  There's a massive opportunity to turn this whole thing around over the next two years.

A new era begins Thursday night!

• Upvote 1

I’m definitely way more optimistic than I’ve been in a very long time.

I was excited about Darnold, a lot…but having Mac as our GM and Bowles as our HC really tempered that, followed by having Gase. We all knew Sam was going to get ruined.

I was excited obviously during the 2015 season, but it was such an old team that it never felt like we were actually building anything. Obviously, we saw the results.

• Upvote 2