I believe Joe Douglas will regret taking Zach Wilson over Trey Lance.

1 hour ago, HamBilly said:

I just saw a interview with Merill Hodge that increases my concerns about Wilson. Merill Hodge son was the starter at BYU before Wilson, so he actually has inside knowledge of the situation. He even states that BYU was miles ahead of their competition, and when Wilson did play similar talent, he didn't play like the same player. He also goes on to say that Wilson's attitude can bother some people. These issues are commonly ignored by Wilson fanboys despite being legitimate red flags. When you include reports that he wasn't originally made a captain his senior year despite being a 3 year starter, there are legitimate concerns about his leadership and his level of competition. 

Download video

On the other hand, the more I hear about Trey Lance, the more I'm convinced he should go #2. There are numerous reports of people going out of their way to say his intangibles are just special. In terms of Xs & Os, many say he is advanced for his age, and this best in the class. Adam Schefter even reported that the 49ers are reconsidering their pick because they were so impressed by Lance once they finally spent time with him. Lance is taller, bigger, faster, smarter, has a stronger arm, younger and has a much higher ceiling.

o-SNORING-REMEDIES-facebook.jpg

38 minutes ago, HamBilly said:

I just saw a interview with Merill Hodge that increases my concerns about Wilson. Merill Hodge son was the starter at BYU before Wilson, so he actually has inside knowledge of the situation. He even states that BYU was miles ahead of their competition, and when Wilson did play similar talent, he didn't play like the same player. He also goes on to say that Wilson's attitude can bother some people. These issues are commonly ignored by Wilson fanboys despite being legitimate red flags. When you include reports that he wasn't originally made a captain his senior year despite being a 3 year starter, there are legitimate concerns about his leadership and his level of competition. 

On the other hand, the more I hear about Trey Lance, the more I'm convinced he should go #2. There are numerous reports of people going out of their way to say his intangibles are just special. In terms of Xs & Os, many say he is advanced for his age, and the best in the class. Adam Schefter even reported that the 49ers are reconsidering their pick because they were so impressed by Lance once they finally spent time with him. Lance is taller, bigger, faster, smarter, has a stronger arm, younger and has a much higher ceiling.

It feels like mahomes all over again tbh. As ozzie says you have to know what you are looking at. Wilson has so many red flags 

25 minutes ago, HamBilly said:

The guy in the video even says it, and his son played at BYU with Wilson. 

So you Wilson fan boys just ignore facts. Wilson fanboys are special. They defend all his flaws before he is even on the roster. Wilson fanboys act like he is a perfect prospect.

Go away - just go go away!

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, HamBilly said:

On the other hand, the more I hear about Trey Lance, the more I'm convinced he should go #2. There are numerous reports of people going out of their way to say his intangibles are just special. In terms of Xs & Os, many say he is advanced for his age, and the best in the class. Adam Schefter even reported that the 49ers are reconsidering their pick because they were so impressed by Lance once they finally spent time with him. Lance is taller, bigger, faster, smarter, has a stronger arm, younger and has a much higher ceiling.

Lawrence and Fields had 10 times the talent on their teams then BYU had. I guess they are way below Lance as well. Or better yet maybe they shouldn't be drafted and should be signed as UDFAs.

32 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Merril Hoge

Now there’s a name I haven’t heard in a while.

And for good reason

So he was a good FB on a Steelers team that always had great Olines especially when he played there. Heck most of us could have ran behind those Olines with as much or more success as Hoge.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, HamBilly said:

So you are a Lance fanboy?

17 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I am super concerned about him having a less-than-appealing personality. That same kind of thing has really held back guys like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Most QBs are Divas so as they say lets leave personalities out of it shall we. We all even analyze a bit deep into college level of competition. Sure you are measured against your competition, but at QB it comes down to mostly what's between the ears that enables them to process information quickly and then have the proper mobility and arm strength to make the plays. It's that simple. Like the Mayor said in Ghostbusters that applies here, "being a miserable a$$hole and treating people like dirt is every QBs God given right". I have been in huddles with them and whenever anything goes wrong it's always someone else's fault other then there own. 

48 minutes ago, PepPep said:

So your concerns are level of competition (something that has been brought up as a concern ad nauseum by almost every analyst and 'fan') and that his 'attitude' can 'bother' some people? Are you serious. This is it? I mean, I get a lot of Zach Wilson criticism and reasoning for not drafting him #2 overall but if this is all you got its pretty weak. 

Also, I've heard a lot of people gush over Wilson's intangibles, his knowledge of X's and O's, his ability to pick up offensive concepts quickly and him being a film rat. There's just no evidence to suggest Lance is 'smarter'. His arm strength is great. It's pretty much on the same level of Lance's (his release in much quicker). And Lance may have a higher ceiling but he's much more of a boom or bust prospect.  

Wilson has a much nicer release, but I don't think his arm is on the same level as far as strength.  More importantly, I keep reading that the athletic guys are the boom or bust prospects.  I don't see it.  It is a different league and you have to start early.  At that point you need to be athletically superior to belong on the field.  Look at the last few drafts.  Who are the studs?  Allen, Jackson, Mahomes.  All high ceiling guys allegedly boom or bust.  Who didn't cut it?  Darnold, Trubisky, Rosen.  Hell Herbert was a guy who had all the talent in the world, but supposedly lacked the will to win or some such nonsense. 

All these guys terrify me, but I will continue to say give me the freak. FWIW, most of the Wilson chatter seems to be trying to convince me he is a freak too, but I'm not sure I am seeing it. 

• Upvote 1

So what about Wilsons game scares you to the point this is now two threads knocking him and trolling an opponent of your Bills team?

Which will hurt more, Wilson turns out better than fun that Allen or that the Jets are led to wins? 

Trey Lance, thanks for the heads up.  

29 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

I dislike Merrill Hodges pompous a** more than Bruschi and pretty much everyone. 

Sounds like a bitter father. Now I’m even more confident.

Also, they can both be great. Doesn’t have to be one or the other 

The odds of either Lance or Wilson being good are not good.  The odds of both being good are way worse

get over it. how many of these dumb threads are you going to start?

there are legitimate concerns about his leadership and his level of competition

As opposed to the glorified HS teams Lance played against? I like Lance, his dad was pro athlete, I think he has a high ceiling, but one could question him easily as he also played no ones and he only played one game this year. Another concern is how he laid out D players when scrambling by running them over, that won't work this coming season. The leadership issue was blown out of proportion and was addressed previously.

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

It feels like mahomes all over again tbh. As ozzie says you have to know what you are looking at. Wilson has so many red flags 

Really? 

I only see the following concerns with drafting Zach Wilson #2 overall. And only his injury history is a real 'red flag' to me. No prospect is perfect and most rookies need to hit the gym, work on their footwork and improve their decision making when under pressure. Even TL. Zach Wilson's positives, the things he does well, the things he can do which other QBs cannot do, his upside, all outweigh the few concerns I have. If JD is confident his injury history is should not be a major factor. I'm on board with Zach Wilson at #2. 

1. *Injury history

2. Inconsistent footwork (not bad enough to be a red flag)

3. Slight frame (not bad enough to be a red flag)

4. Decision making when under pressure (not bad enough to be a red flag)

5. Level of competition (not his fault who he plays)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who are the studs?  Allen, Jackson, Mahomes. 

Mahomes and Watson are an example?  Theyre both top of the league QBs.  

Jackson is a different player type who had the good fortune of getting drafted late to a loaded team willing to max out this abilities and it worked for one season.  

Out of that draft LJ didn't have as good a 3rd season as his second and other than his running, he wasnt as good as Allen or Baker last season

Unfortunately Darnold along with Rosen are the busts of that draft.  So far.

• Upvote 1

So you Wilson fan boys just ignore facts. Wilson fanboys are special. They defend all his flaws before he is even on the roster. Wilson fanboys act like he is a perfect prospect.

They minus well rename this site WilsonNation.

11 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

You mean you ignoring that Lance only played one game this year and what level of competition did he play against? Sounds like someone in a glass house is throwing stones...

You’re criticizing Lance for not facing top competition but you want Wilson at 2?

0190C01D-29EC-44EC-8921-A901AAC5E7C2.jpeg.e45e67887abc88b40ac846e78424cd1a.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You’re criticizing Lance for not facing top competition but you want Wilson at 2?

0190C01D-29EC-44EC-8921-A901AAC5E7C2.jpeg.e45e67887abc88b40ac846e78424cd1a.jpeg

No, actually I'm not. The poster I replied to started the thread stating that Wilson played poor competition which should be a red flag and that we should draft Lance instead. I replied that I like Lance, but the same issue could be made of Lance's competition that he levied about Wilson, hence the living in a glass house while throwing rocks comment which is used to imply a hypocrite. People should learn to follow a conversation before implying what someone said as it's a big problem in this country. Comprehension is often low, but mouths remain big.

Bill Murray Drink GIF

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I have no issue with people preferring other QBs to Wilson or not thinking wilson will be any good.

I have a huge issue with some of the stupid arguments tossed forward.

Say that BYU was better than anyone else and had lower competition and then promptly tout a Div I Qb who played 1 game last year and whose team beats the sh*t out of all other teams every year.

Or endorse guys who play for Clemson or OSU or Bama who kick the sh*t out of lower teams each year AND have massive talent around them.

Blast Wilson or tout other QBs?  By all means but a least use decent arguments.

The 'I don't like his yuppie haircut!' comment is a more relevant reason to not want him than level of comp.

Reaction Applause GIF

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Plus, data shows that constricting tops (particularly bras) are a contributing factor to breast cancer (no joke). #Freethetwins

breast cancer GIF by Baptist Health South Florida

I would strongly support the movement of topless beaches and bra-less dress codes.

• Upvote 2