the excuses end now

kmnj

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There we go.  And with that, with a Joe Douglas roster led by Robert Saleh getting 8 wins, we will most definitely be headed in the right direction.  Anything less will be considered a disappointment, none of this "5 wins is progress!" stuff.

Go Jets!

SAR I

The division is murderers row for a rookie qb.  Flores, Mcdermott and bellichek????  Its not going to be easy for zach to navigate through this year 1.  

Has there been a rookie qb whos had to play 6 games in year one against defensive coaches like this?

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The division is murderers row for a rookie qb.  Flores, Mcdermott and bellichek????  Its not going to be easy for zach to navigate through this year 1.  

Has there been a rookie qb whos had to play 6 games in year one against defensive coaches like this?

Not worried.  The Bills window is closed, their D is exposed against an offense like LaFleur’s.  The Fins have a lousy QB so it doesn’t take many points to beat them.  The Patriots will sweep us but doesn’t stop Saleh from getting 8 wins.  

2-4 in the division. 6-5 out of it.  It’s the expectation.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

It's easy to say that now, with the hindsight of what that team became. But not everyone was saying that at the time. 

It will be very interesting to see what this team is on the field without Gase. 

Words out of my mouth.

A competent HC/QB combo on last years team has them playing .500 ball.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Not worried.  The Bills window is closed, their D is exposed against an offense like LaFleur’s.  The Fins have a lousy QB so it doesn’t take many points to beat them.  The Patriots will sweep us but doesn’t stop Saleh from getting 8 wins.  

SAR I

I know you think we are winning the super bowl next year you do the same schtick every season but we are going to be really bad next year

43 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

With Chris Hogan and Frank Gore??

Yes. QBs make their own weaponz, not the other way around. Austin Collie would not be a name you recognize if he was catching passed from Andy Dalton — who by the way is vastly superior to Darnold.

49 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I know you think we are winning the super bowl next year you do the same schtick every season but we are going to be really bad next year

Define really bad. Many people say can’t evaluate Darnold because the surrounding talent sucked. I posit the opposite: we have no idea what kind of talent we have because we had a historically bad HC/QB combo. With Andy Dalton level play or better, suddenly the defense is in worse shape than the offense and Mims looks like Chris Godwin or DK Metcalf.

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes. QBs make their own weaponz, not the other way around. Austin Collie would not be a name you recognize if he was catching passed from Andy Dalton — who by the way is vastly superior to Darnold.

that is stupid and not true and the reason why teams brought in stud wrs to help their young qbs -see diggs and hopkins as prime examples

Dak-cowboys brought in Cooper

baker-browns brought in landry and obj

Murray -brought in hopkins

Allen-brought in Diggs

I could go on by the way-smart teams brought in outside help at wr because they know great wrs help their young qbs develop

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's just like your opinion, man.

supported by facts -teams brought in stud wrs to help their  young qbs-if qbs made the weapons there  was no need to bring cooper diggs hopkins landry etc....

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, kmnj said:

supported by facts -teams brought in stud wrs to help their  young qbs-if qbs made the weapons there  was no need to bring cooper diggs hopkins landry etc....

When is last time a team with a top 5 paid WR won the SB? 

Same question for QBs.

Changing Mangement constantly, changes coaches constantly   Even changing the QB, is often counterproductive in the end.

franchises are built slowly , GMs ,coaches and QBs all often improve after early failures, you have to hang in there and be patient.

We seem to be organizing the franchise well now, with a plan , with smarter decisions being made.

Give it time, after the 2022 draft, we should be loaded with talent which eventually leads to wins .

Its this zigzagging that is very harmful, stick with the gameplan, unless the GM is a total idiot, which I don’t think JD is,  eventually he figures it out.

I would have nothing to do with that embarrassing team of last year.  First game against the Bills was enough for me.  I sensed a clueless Kotite type team performance was in the making here.

I want a competitive team performance every game this year.  To each his own as far as how many Ws are needed to make you happy.   I just couldn't stomach how bad the Jets were under Gase. 

I anticipate Saleh-LaFleur-Ulbrich will be a breath of fresh air in comparison to that Gase sh!!t show.  

After another offseason of FA-trades and the Draft...with those 11 picks...4 in the first two rounds.  That 2022 team should be the start of a perennial playoff run.  

Building towards that starts with this draft.  JD has to hit on his picks.   

1 hour ago, GreenReaper said:

I would have nothing to do with that embarrassing team of last year.  First game against the Bills was enough for me.  I sensed a clueless Kotite type team performance was in the making here.

I want a competitive team performance every game this year.  To each his own as far as how many Ws are needed to make you happy.   I just couldn't stomach how bad the Jets were under Gase. 

I anticipate Saleh-LaFleur-Ulbrich will be a breath of fresh air in comparison to that Gase sh!!t show.  

After another offseason of FA-trades and the Draft...with those 11 picks...4 in the first two rounds.  That 2022 team should be the start of a perennial playoff run.  

Building towards that starts with this draft.  JD has to hit on his picks.   

Agree.  After week 1 you knew Gase and darnold had not improved one bit over the previous year.  it was over for both of them right then and there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

When is last time a team with a top 5 paid WR won the SB? 

Same question for QBs.

that literally has nothing to do with your argument-your argument was qbs make the weapons-my supporting evidence refutes your cllaim.

my argument was teams do not believe in your theory because most teams with young qbs brought in outside stud wrs to try and help develop their young qbs

19 minutes ago, kmnj said:

that literally has nothing to do with your argument-your argument was qbs make the weapons-my supporting evidence refutes your cllaim.

my argument was teams do not believe in your theory because most teams with young qbs brought in outside stud wrs to try and help develop their young qbs

It validates it completely. There are 100 roads to a SB. 95 start with a stud QB. 0 start with a stud WR.

Great QB + average WRs >>>>>> Average QB + 1 stud WR.

To deny this is to deny the last several decades of NFL history. Something like 19 of the last 20 SBs have been won by HOF-calibre QBs (already in the Hall or well on their way) for a reason. 

No one is saying great WRs are unimportant. Just that a great QB is infinitely more so. You put Tom Brady on the 2020 Jets you have a team in the playoff hunt. You put Sam Darnold on the 2020 Bucs, you have a locker room revolt.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

It validates it completely. There are 100 roads to a SB. 95 start with a stud QB. 0 start with a stud WR.

Great QB + average WRs >>>>>> Average QB + 1 stud WR.

To deny this is to deny the last several decades of NFL history. Something like 19 of the last 20 SBs have been won by HOF-calibre QBs (already in the Hall or well on their way) for a reason. 

No one is saying great WRs are unimportant. Just that a great QB is infinitely more so. You put Tom Brady on the 2020 Jets you have a team in the playoff hunt. You put Sam Darnold on the 2020 Bucs, you have a locker room revolt.

Word.  (LOL at the Darnold locker room)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

Dak-cowboys brought in Cooper

baker-browns brought in landry and obj

Murray -brought in hopkins

Allen-brought in Diggs

I could go on by the way-smart teams brought in outside help at wr because they know great wrs help their young qbs develop

Darnold - Jets bring in Chris Hogan 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

All the Bills defense needs is an edge rusher and may be a stud MLB so their window isn't closed. It hasn't even been opened all the way yet. However, I do agree with you on MIA. Tua is a left-handed Johnny Manziel. With that said I still expect them to sweep the Jets so I'm just curious from whom you think the Jets will get their 2 wins since you believe the Pats will also sweep?

2 hours ago, STLuLu said:

All the Bills defense needs is an edge rusher and may be a stud MLB so their window isn't closed. It hasn't even been opened all the way yet. However, I do agree with you on MIA. Tua is a left-handed Johnny Manziel. With that said I still expect them to sweep the Jets so I'm just curious from whom you think the Jets will get their 2 wins since you believe the Pats will also sweep?

1 win against the Bills, 1 win against the Dolphins.  

A worse Jets team beat 2 playoff teams last year; good playoff teams too, the Rams and Browns soundly won their first round playoff games. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

A worse Jets team beat 2 playoff teams last year; good playoff teams too, the Rams and Browns soundly won their first round playoff games. 

SAR I

Browns had a lot of starters missing so the Jets basically beat their back ups and both teams saw the week agaist the Jets as an extra bye week. No way they beat a healthy Browns or a Rams team that's not taking them lightly. 

1 minute ago, STLuLu said:

Browns had a lot of starters missing so the Jets basically beat their back ups and both teams saw the week agaist the Jets as an extra bye week. No way they beat a healthy Browns or a Rams team that's not taking them lightly. 

Nothing says the Bills and Dolphins won’t do likewise. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nothing says the Bills and Dolphins won’t do likewise. 

SAR I

I say they won't because they are in the same division. Loosing to a team in the division costs more.  If anything they'll take pleasure in beating the Jets.

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Do you think we draft Sam Howell at 1 overall next season?