the excuses end now

kmnj

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe D is putting on a clinic.  Good observation by you.  You r starting to get it.

Not sure its a clinic when he took a guard over two fantastic RB's. 

We have no RB's.  I don't need to tell you that if DC's don't respect the run they cover all our weak WR's.  Coleman and Perine aren't going to scare anyone.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

Just now, SAR I said:

We have no RB's.  I don't need to tell you that if DC's don't respect the run they cover all our weak WR's.  Coleman and Perine aren't going to scare anyone.

SAR I

For as much of a Homer as you are you really seem down on Ty Johnson

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

We have no CBs, edge rushers, no depth at WR, no TE and still need to upgrade at RT — but other than that we are looking awesome 

I agree.  This is what happens when Douglas goes 0-3 in free agency since 2019.

However, the 2019 team got 7 wins with a far worse roster than we have now, it was decimated by injury and had the worst HC and OC in NFL history.  Against a similarly-easy schedule, this Douglas/Saleh/LaFleur team is expected to get to 8.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I agree.  This is what happens when Douglas goes 0-3 in free agency since 2019.

However, the 2019 team got 7 wins with a far worse roster than we have now, it was decimated by injury and had the worst HC and OC in NFL history.  Against a similarly-easy schedule, this Douglas/Saleh/LaFleur team is expected to get to 8.

SAR I

I’m looking at the schedule.  Unless Wilson is better than Peyton Manning like you all say he is I don’t know where the W’s are coming from

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So why did you set your expectations too low again? 

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I’m looking at the schedule.  Unless Wilson is better than Peyton Manning like you all say he is I don’t know where the W’s are coming from

How did Mono Darnold win 7 games with the worst HC and OC in the NFL, a dysfunctional DC, and a roster with 18 players on IR?

The schedule is easier this year than 2019.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Running backs are plug and play, especially in this offense. Building this team from the lines out is exactly what they should be doing.

After yesterday the biggest weaknesses on the team (QB and OG) were upgraded.   I don't even see how this can be debated.

Let's pay another high priced back who underperforms with a bad oline in front of him.  Look up what Shanahan did for 100 years in Denver. That is the model.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes!  Those 300 yards and 2 TD's per year really add up!

SAR I

I am not a fan of Ty Johnson in terms of being hopeful that he will be a featured back.

That said, you can't look at stats that happened under Adam Gase. Didn't run an offense that is effective and for whatever reason he was happy losing as long as Frank Gore got his work in. Insane but that is what happened.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Running backs are plug and play, especially in this offense. Building this team from the lines out is exactly what they should be doing.

After yesterday the biggest weaknesses on the team (QB and OG) were upgraded.   I don't even see how this can be debated.

Let's pay another high priced back who underperforms with a bad oline in front of him.  Look up what Shanahan did for 100 years in Denver. That is the model.

Agreed.  If they go offense in the 2nd it’s for a slot wr, Moore or Moore.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So why did you set your expectations too low again? 

lylom9ms8ctiqbnbvrlg.png

This is logical.  I expect 8 wins.  I'll be genuinely impressed if we can get all 10:

Reasonably Expected Home Wins:  Jaguars, Bengals, Saints, Eagles, and 1 division win.

Reasonably Expected Road Wins:  Broncos, Texans, Falcons, Panthers, and 1 division win.

That's 10 wins right there.  Don't think we can win in Denver?  Think the Saints can survive without Brees?  Okay.  Still leaves 8 wins.  Which is what we should expect from Robert Saleh, Mike LaFleur, and Zach Wilson leading a Joe Douglas team.  Adam Gase was the worst coach in NFL history and Sam Darnold was the worst starting quarterback in the NFL and they got 7 with an easier schedule and half the Maccagnan roster on IR.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

lylom9ms8ctiqbnbvrlg.png

This is logical.  I expect 8 wins.  I'll be genuinely impressed if we can get all 10:

Reasonably Expected Home Wins:  Jaguars, Bengals, Saints, Eagles, and 1 division win.

Reasonably Expected Road Wins:  Broncos, Texans, Falcons, Panthers, and 1 division win.

That's 10 wins right there.  Don't think we can win in Denver?  Think the Saints can survive without Brees?  Okay.  Still leaves 8 wins.  Which is what we should expect from Robert Saleh, Mike LaFleur, and Zach Wilson leading a Joe Douglas team.  Adam Gase was the worst coach in NFL history and Sam Darnold was the worst starting quarterback in the NFL and they got 7 with an easier schedule and half the Maccagnan roster on IR.

SAR I

This team won't win less than 8 games, definitely not a problem there.

But you can't grade them off of anything other than last year. They didn't win 7 games last year. It takes a wild for the Gase Disease to runs its course. 

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am not a fan of Ty Johnson in terms of being hopeful that he will be a featured back.

That said, you can't look at stats that happened under Adam Gase. Didn't run an offense that is effective and for whatever reason he was happy losing as long as Frank Gore got his work in. Insane but that is what happened.

Agree completely.  Everyone should improve under quality coaching and coordination.

But what I find odd is that the "Gase sucked!" crowd who swore we could do better don't feel that Saleh/LaFleur can actually do better.  This 2021 team will be leaps and bounds better than the 2019 team with all its injuries and atrocious coaching.  And the "7-9 gets an asterisk because easy schedule!" crowd seem timid to say that we should get to 8 wins this year with a similarly easy schedule and a better coaching staff and a better roster and a 17th game.

If you thought Maccagnan and Gase were the problem then Douglas and Saleh are the solution.  8 wins is a reasonable expectation.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Agree completely.  Everyone should improve under quality coaching and coordination.

But what I find odd is that the "Gase sucked!" crowd who swore we could do better don't feel that Saleh/LaFleur can actually do better.  This 2021 team will be leaps and bounds better than the 2019 team with all its injuries and atrocious coaching.  And the "7-9 gets an asterisk because easy schedule!" crowd seem timid to say that we should get to 8 wins this year with a similarly easy schedule and a better coaching staff and a better roster and a 17th game.

If you thought Maccagnan and Gase were the problem then Douglas and Saleh are the solution.  8 wins is a reasonable expectation.

SAR I

Your math makes no sense. You compare a team to the year before. I have said they should win 8 games this year. That is compared to 2 wins the year before.

You don't compare it to two years ago.  They improve by a minimum of 6 games in year one and a minimum of 6 games in year two.  

Gase regressed in year two and set the team back even further. Hire a QB coach, geez.

Anyhow when Saleh improves by six games twice, that means the team is 14 and 2 and wins the Super Bowl. In year two. Not bad.

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

lylom9ms8ctiqbnbvrlg.png

SAR I

I get it I’m just use to your commitment last year to “ Gase football Man of Florham park thing.” Like lead balloon consistent. You can’t set expectations for 8-10 wins and post like this too. It’s terribly conflictive. 

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Your math makes no sense. You compare a team to the year before. I have said they should win 8 games this year. That is compared to 2 wins the year before.

You don't compare it to two years ago. 

Two years ago was an easy schedule.  Last year was a hard schedule.  This year is an easy schedule.

The difference in personnel between the '19 and '21 teams is all on Joe Douglas. 

So that's why it makes sense.  Easy schedule again, 2 drafts have gone by, 2 FA periods have gone by.  We have an expectation to be better than '19 and '20.  We have improve everywhere.  Especially on the sidelines.

We're both on the same page-  8 wins is expected-  doesn't really matter how each of us got there.

SAR I

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Two years ago was an easy schedule.  Last year was a hard schedule.  This year is an easy schedule.

The difference in personnel between the '19 and '21 teams is all on Joe Douglas. 

So that's why it makes sense.  Easy schedule again, 2 drafts have gone by, 2 FA periods have gone by.  We have an expectation to be better than '19 and '20.  We have improve everywhere.  Especially on the sidelines.

We're both on the same page-  8 wins is expected-  doesn't really matter how each of us got there.

SAR I

Sar tries to set himself up to play the long game in case the Jets win 7 games lol.

Max bookmarks old Gase posts in case Saleh only wins 7 games and he has to deal with this post again.  :)

On 4/28/2021 at 2:24 PM, JetsFanatic said:

Parcels inherited a much better team than Douglas. The 1996 team was 1-15 do to horrible coaching. The talent level was much better than the record.

Exactly. The 1996 v 1997 teams are a case study on the value of leadership and its effects for a team.