The Official Draft Day Thread

3 minutes ago, derp said:

That Kiper trade was enough capital for the Jets to get into the 6-8 range. It was horrific and showed he had no understanding of how draft day trades work.

This trade was okay but Minnesota won on the chart.

Leave Count Chocula to his own devices 

He became irrelevant after dudes like Mayock and then Jeremiah burst onto the scene anyway.

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

I like Larnel Coleman as a day 3 developmental guy. Think they have room on the roster for one more tackle.

Yeah, I hope JD takes another OL in the 4th or 5th round to hopefully develop.  Good OL are like starting pitchers in baseball -- you can never have enough good ones.  Ask the KC Chiefs about that.

:-)

4 minutes ago, derp said:

That Kiper trade was enough capital for the Jets to get into the 6-8 range. It was horrific and showed he had no understanding of how draft day trades work.

This trade was okay but Minnesota won on the chart.

Yeah, Kiper's trade was excessively priced. Vikings won slightly on the value chart, but I still love the deal. I think JD did a great job on that one.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Pac said:

Meh..  its fine so far but can't help but think what would have been had they traded down from 2.

If Zippy turns into something I'll happily admit I was wrong but still think he's a souped up Donnie Osmond.

It’s that Leave it to Beaver face. That said, I’m with him 100% - gotta hit eventually right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Becton and Vera-Tucker are going to make a Jaelen Phillips Sandwich and make him with he stayed retired.

Exactly 

Phillips has a lot of physical talent, but the dude could literally slip in his kitchen tomorrow and decide to hang them up.

Ultimately, the Jets did what was our #1 preference and Douglas didn’t pussyfoot around it.

We now sandwich a potential 8-10 year pro-bowl guard between Becton and McGovern.

Oh how sweet it is

• Upvote 1