The Official Draft Day Thread

7 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

i'm sure he will be relieved to know you think his name is slightly less silly.  if the jets draft him, maybe you can seek him out at camp and tell him his name is not as silly as you previously thought since it is kwity and not kwitty... ?

That's a good idea. Will do.

I'll give him your regards, too. I'm sure he'll be happy to know that you've got his back by setting people like me straight!

1 minute ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Love ESPN's coverage. They mock Sam Darnold when he's a Jet, and the moment he's gone, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Meanwhile, Joe Douglas is garbage because Maccagnan and Idzik couldn't draft.

They've mentioned Sam Darnold name today more than Tom Brady. 

It's  like they are hoping he succeeds in Carolina just to spite the NY Jets. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, joewilly12 said:

They've mentioned Sam Darnold name today more than Tom Brady. 

It's  like they are hoping he succeeds in Carolina just to spite the NY Jets. 

Seriously. It's incredible how much those two letters, "ex," make him so great. 

Sam as a Jet = bum.

Sam as an ex-Jet = great player just waiting to explode on the scene.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

That's a good idea. Will do.

I'll give him your regards, too. I'm sure he'll be happy to know that you've got his back by setting people like me straight!

i'm guessing you didn't bother reading his story that i linked.  

more fun to make fun of someone's name because it sounds funny.  would be less fun to learn the story of an amazing young man and what he and his family have gone through to get to this moment.  and probably wouldn't be funny when you read how this young man, when he was a little kid, used to cry when the kids at school made fun of him for his different culture.

haha - he has a funny name.  well played chap!!!

Just now, TheClashFan said:

Please please please let Teven Jenkins be there at pick #23.

I know...he won't.

There's a rumor that Buffalo wants to trade up ahead of the Jets at 23 to draft Etienne.

If Jenkins (and all the other top tier OT) and Etienne are gone, trade down.

I read numerous reports the Bills want Etienne. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

i'm guessing you didn't bother reading his story that i linked.  

more fun to make fun of someone's name because it sounds funny.  would be less fun to learn the story of an amazing young man and what he and his family have gone through to get to this moment.  and probably wouldn't be funny when you read how this young man, when he was a little kid, used to cry when the kids at school made fun of him for his different culture.

haha - he has a funny name.  well played chap!!!

Okay, 1) when I first made the joke, I was 50/50 thinking TeddEY just made up the name as a joke. I haven't been paying too much attention to the draft and barely know any player outside of the top 5 QBs. He could've posted a full mock draft with fake names, and I would be none the wiser.

2) It was a silly joke. Me having fun with his name doesn't mean I wouldn't think he has a great story and wouldn't root hard for the kid. Don't get so bent out of shape.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Joe Thomas is the absolute worst 

One thing I just hate about draft coverage is that the guys that cover the draft in depth for most of the process get shuffled off to the side come the actual draft and they parachute in a bunch of awful more high profile personalities that know jack shi* and have maybe followed the top few guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

By the time we pick, it will be him or a defensive player. I'll be ten deep and over-react at the unexpectedness of taking a fun player to watch on offense. I'll sober up in the morning and question the value of taking a slot WR in round 1. 

I like it.