The Official Draft Day Thread

7 minutes ago, freestater said:

Love the pick. Not thrilled losing both 3rds, but love the fact that o-line is a priority 

As far as the point chart goes we lost like 45 points or came up short a late 4th rounder. Still its a trade JD had to make at that point if he wanted AVT. To many teams would have scooped him up.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

This also makes what is a sh*t product in the NFL more fun to watch now. It’s gonna be Wilson vs Jones. I’m actually not concerned for some strange reason. Beli formula is outdated.and Jones is a back up

I think Jones is the worst pick of the first round so far ....the fact that ESPN is praising Belechick is laughable ...though expected. Jones is awful . 

12 minutes ago, JTJet said:

FML. 

Our new guard has his own name tattooed on his arms... 

This is real. 

It's so opposing defenders don't forget his name as it's the last thing they see before he clotheslines them.

Or, you know, it's so he doesn't get lost at the mall, a la Chuma Edoga.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So I think that AVT trade is the best of Douglas' career. Recouping a 4th and giving up two 3rds in a draft where everything after the top 30 players is a crapshoot is great. Throwing Lawrence away for a couple of pointless wins will always sting but you've got to give today a big A+.

I do love the idea of a monster left side of the line.

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I hated this, but now im wondering if this was a genius move.

past the 1st and 2nd its a real crapshoot. Give up the 2 3s for the 14 AND keep the 34. 

Its not bad at all

HATE when people use "crapshoot" to denote random. There's nothing random about craps, there's 36 outcomes with 2 6-sided dice, 7 is themost common outcome, and the outcomes move out in probability to 2 and 12. The odds go back and forth. Basically means you never played craps and don't understand what you're saying. And really there's nothing random about the draft, but there are teams and GMs that do it better and worse. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1