The Official Draft Day Thread

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

F*CK OFF

Did not want this guy in the division. A top 3 talent who’s only issues are injuries which he’ll now probably never have. F*ck.

Belichick, McDermott, and Flores are all very good defensive minds. Not an easy division for rookie QBs with Saleh joining. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, bitonti said:

Here's the scouting report from Dane Bruglers "beast" 

my gut reaction to this trade it was a good one in the sense that AVT wasn't going to be there at 23 and he's an instant starter at either guard spot. He's probably not a tackle solution long term but he does improve the line Day 1 and can keep defenders out of ZW's face 

long term as the report notes - he has Pro Bowl david decastro type upside 

Drafting LG>Drafting RT. Strongside you can buy. Weakside not so much. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

my gut reaction to this trade it was a good one in the sense that AVT wasn't going to be there at 23 and he's an instant starter at either guard spot. He's probably not a tackle solution long term but he does improve the line Day 1 and can keep defenders out of ZW's face 

I love the move.  Plus I think is highly likely we trade back at 34 

3 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

I really want Creed at 34, but tomorrow JD could trade just a few slots back, recoup a 3rd rounder, and still maybe get Creed.

There’s a few zone centers. Creed would be cool, but I’ll be honest I can hold off there and go edge, cb, or wr earlier.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I love the trade for us, and JD didn't overpay at all.

Making that jump without giving up his 2nd round pick AND getting a 4th rounder thrown in, in exchange for 2 3rds?

Just a great deal. Kiper projected the Jets moving up to 16 for AVT in his mock today, and projected it would cost #23, plus their 2nd and a 3rd.

JD knocked this one out of the park.

That Kiper trade was enough capital for the Jets to get into the 6-8 range. It was horrific and showed he had no understanding of how draft day trades work.

This trade was okay but Minnesota won on the chart.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

Call me crazy but if we take Creed at 34 haven't we pretty much fixed our line?

I would be very happy with that.  Depends on who is on the board.  I just think Joevis going to have a lot of good offers since we are right at the top of the second round with guys falling 

• Upvote 1

I assume the Jets must have had Slater and Vera-Tucker a little more closely packed. I kind of viewed that OL tier as dropping off after Slater went but based on how Douglas drafts it seems Vera-Tucker was the end of that tier for him.

Hope it works out. Guard at 14 should be a Pro Bowler.

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

So now we just act like you didn’t sh*t on Douglas for not addressing the line 

Smh

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Something concerns me about a guy who runs through gaping holes week in and week out and his longest run of his career was only 42 yds. The Jets need more explosiveness

Either one works for me.

Harris has really good hands catching the ball. 

1 minute ago, TheClashFan said:

Well, still got Fant at RT, but maybe they could draft a young OT next year with one of those first four picks.

I like Larnel Coleman as a day 3 developmental guy. Think they have room on the roster for one more tackle.

6 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

Fear not. Bellichek will never win another Super Bowl without Tom Brady.  He thinks he has another Tom Brady but there will never be another Tom Brady.  Never.  

BB still has a losing record as a head coach without Tom Brady...

I'm not worried.

• Post of the Week 1