The Official Draft Day Thread

What a great move by JD. Investing in the OL. AVT should be here next to Becton for 10 years. Great to keep pick 34 to trade back and recoup some more picks or just take a solid player. And have a boat load of premium picks next year too. What a great GM. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Icer said:

34 for a late 2nd round pick and recouping a 3rd seems likely

yep, RB was a luxury to start the night and definitely is now after giving up those 3's, gotta move past the dream of getting Harris or Etienne. Gotta get one back, that back half of the second and third is where a ton of value is.

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Still waiting for 34....take a Humphery or Dickerson as a Center, and slide MCGovern to OG.  Versatility abounds.

If Humphrey is there, that’s more than fine by me.

I wouldn’t touch Dickerson before #86.

A 330 lb center with two blown knees...

Ultimately, I think we move down to recoup picks from the AVT trade up.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, football guy said:

Joe is hellbent on building this line once and for all

Would you be shocked if JD took another T,G,C at 34. It's not like we don't need another 3 young studs. Of course, there's next year as well but OL is freakin deep in this draft.  We have lost our 3rd rounders. Now have 34 (2nd), 107 & 143 (4th), 146 & 154 (5th), 186 & 226 (6th). Tomorrow is gonna be very interesting.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Sorry....I've been drinking all night.......catch me up......who do we want now at 34?  RB?

I'm drinking too, so not sure. More offense? Trade down and take more o-line, Eichenberg or Radunz to play RG and eventually RT? Or imagine Etienne running behind Becton+AVT. Just give me offense. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Cherry Cherry is pretty cool too. 

Love On The Rocks was a given on most AM Radio stations during the eighties.  Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Gen X'ers tune up there ears every time that shows up on their Spotify playlists.

Well. I will be the first to say that I was WRONG and Teven Jenkins slid all the way to 23. 

Can't believe Darrisaw is still on the board. 

I wonder if the Jets simply really, really liked AVT and once they saw that Slater slid to the Chargers and they took him instead of AVT, JD pounced at the chance to trade with a team with very little draft capital.  

• Upvote 1