The Official Draft Day Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Connor Hughes@Connor_J_Hughes 7m The #Jets said they viewed Alijah Vera-Tucker as a “top-10” player. That’s why they traded up to go get him.

I'm not sure why everyone is hell bent on trading back from 34 just to get back a late 3rd. You're going to pass up on a potential 1st round value just to get back what will most likely be a career ba

So I think that AVT trade is the best of Douglas' career. Recouping a 4th and giving up two 3rds in a draft where everything after the top 30 players is a crapshoot is great. Throwing Lawrence away fo

Posted Images

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

Still waiting for 34....take a Humphery or Dickerson as a Center, and slide MCGovern to OG.  Versatility abounds.

You’ll be waiting till tomorrow 

• Upvote 1

What a great move by JD. Investing in the OL. AVT should be here next to Becton for 10 years. Great to keep pick 34 to trade back and recoup some more picks or just take a solid player. And have a boat load of premium picks next year too. What a great GM. 

• Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, Icer said:

34 for a late 2nd round pick and recouping a 3rd seems likely

yep, RB was a luxury to start the night and definitely is now after giving up those 3's, gotta move past the dream of getting Harris or Etienne. Gotta get one back, that back half of the second and third is where a ton of value is.

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Still waiting for 34....take a Humphery or Dickerson as a Center, and slide MCGovern to OG.  Versatility abounds.

If Humphrey is there, that’s more than fine by me.

I wouldn’t touch Dickerson before #86.

A 330 lb center with two blown knees...

Ultimately, I think we move down to recoup picks from the AVT trade up.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

Toney is a good talent, no doubts there.

I guess they had a need, but a bit early for my liking, I’d be pissed if we made this move.

But as person above said, they’re giving the QB no excuses for weapons now.

The bad O line could be an excuse

32 minutes ago, football guy said:

Joe is hellbent on building this line once and for all

Would you be shocked if JD took another T,G,C at 34. It's not like we don't need another 3 young studs. Of course, there's next year as well but OL is freakin deep in this draft.  We have lost our 3rd rounders. Now have 34 (2nd), 107 & 143 (4th), 146 & 154 (5th), 186 & 226 (6th). Tomorrow is gonna be very interesting.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Icer said:

34 for a late 2nd round pick and recouping a 3rd seems likely

Last year we traded down from a second rounder and still got Mims and a 3rd.  34 will be even more valuable in a trade 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Sorry....I've been drinking all night.......catch me up......who do we want now at 34?  RB?

I'm drinking too, so not sure. More offense? Trade down and take more o-line, Eichenberg or Radunz to play RG and eventually RT? Or imagine Etienne running behind Becton+AVT. Just give me offense. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Cherry Cherry is pretty cool too. 

Love On The Rocks was a given on most AM Radio stations during the eighties.  Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Gen X'ers tune up there ears every time that shows up on their Spotify playlists.

Well. I will be the first to say that I was WRONG and Teven Jenkins slid all the way to 23. 

Can't believe Darrisaw is still on the board. 

I wonder if the Jets simply really, really liked AVT and once they saw that Slater slid to the Chargers and they took him instead of AVT, JD pounced at the chance to trade with a team with very little draft capital.  

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s that Leave it to Beaver face. That said, I’m with him 100% - gotta hit eventually right?

981294127_LeaveittoZach.jpg.6b7c786ac98d9f4186e1e7306bc34333.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

abbey-gile-2-copy.jpg?quality=90&strip=a\

Zach's mom and Zach's GF.  

Like a boss.

SAR I

This is the most disturbing thing I've seen about Wilson. Which is which? Dude is banging a lookalike of his mom. 

• Haha 3