The Official Draft Day Thread

JD smells blood, not dicking around. AVT was the guy he wanted bad bad bad. Saw how day 2 and 3 picks are whatevs and better to trade up for premium than to hedge and risk the day 2 and 3 whatev. JD has turnt up his inner Tannenbaum. Would not be surprised to see JD at 34 stay aggressive on NEED and ignore BPA in constructing a “vision roster” as opposed to one dictated by the board.

These last two offseasons remind me of 2000 draft. QB, Pass Rush, OL.

Ground and Pound 2.0

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm not sure why everyone is hell bent on trading back from 34 just to get back a late 3rd. You're going to pass up on a potential 1st round value just to get back what will most likely be a career backup in the late 3rd? I could see trading back 4-5 spots and getting an additional 4th or 5th but that's it. The Jets need contributors from Day 1, not project picks. 

This.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I'm not sure why everyone is hell bent on trading back from 34 just to get back a late 3rd. You're going to pass up on a potential 1st round value just to get back what will most likely be a career backup in the late 3rd? I could see trading back 4-5 spots and getting an additional 4th or 5th but that's it. The Jets need contributors from Day 1, not project picks. 

Yea there seems to be with this quality over quantity philosophy I never understood. Our 3rd rounders last year did nothing for this team. Take a quality player at 34

• Sympathy 1