The Official Draft Day Thread

34 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I remember you running around Indy in January 2010 for the AFC championship game with that jersey on.

I overheard someone say "that's that a-hole SAR I from Jetsinsider".  Made me chuckle.

I was in Indy for the AFC Championship game, but I didn't wear a jersey.  The night before the game I was dressed business casual as my friend and I had dinner at the St. Elmo Steakhouse (where by coincidence I met Darrelle Revis and ate in the same lower-level room as the entire defense, heard Woody Johnson's pep talk, the works).  Wore a Jets jacket and polo to the game itself, and after the tough loss went to a strip club and drowned my sorrows with booze and broads.

SAR I

So, if last year is any indication, expect JD to go after guys with elite athletic profiles early.  OL like Cosmi, Humprey, Jenkins, Leatherwood, AVT fit that profile.  Edge woudl include Jayson Oweh, Jaelon Phillips, Carlos Basham, Joe Tryon.  Etienne fits that profile, as does Terrace Marshall.  

9 hours ago, Grandy said:

LETS F*CKING GO JETS! Real excited even though it's one of the least mysterious selections in NFL history. We have two firsts, and other than that the draft promises a lot of twists. Though they might not be on our team, I'm eager to find out where all the top QB's land and when they do. 

So Let's all be civil, and have a good time. It's one of the best days of the year, especially for a team that gives little to be excited about during actual play (For now ?)!

I'm going to root for whichever QB, and position player we pick (probably Wilson at the very least). Just a heads up, the QB we end up picking is the best in the class, and will hold that distinction unless well... he's not. Gonna pray to multiple deities that we get this right and don't have to worry about the position for well over a decade. Seems like our FO has done it's homework and reached a clear consensus through film, interviews, workouts etc. They have the most on the line right now. Douglas' Job and legacy rests on picking the right guy at 2. 

More importantly, what does your cat think we will do?

• Haha 1

I think we are going to draft an exciting QB here folks.
It should at least be interesting and fun to watch, a lot more fun to watch than Sam Darnold.
I just hope this ******* kid doesn't throw picks like Darnold.
33-3 ... I repeat 33-3

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Alot of money you could lose if tl came out and said he doesn't want to play football before the draft and not alot of money to gain. The odds are probably about right but I feel there are less risky ways to make 100 bucks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah, just ask Robert Kraft.