The Official Draft Day Thread

45 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I did the research in the layman way and the takeaway is that this isn’t really a long term issue and he’s no more at risk than the average QB to injure himself. There are YouTube videos of doctors explaining Wilson’s shoulder injury and why it’s not a risk going forward. 

You made up a conclusion and then pretended like you had legs to stand on. If youu wanna discuss Wilson’s negatives, that’s legitimate. If you wanna pretend like you’ve given more than a cursory thought to his injury and what it actually means in terms of risk, then you’re full of it.

Cool story Doc.  

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/all-access-the-call-that-made-ol-alijah-vera-tucker-a-jet

Sorry, I can't find this on twitter or somewhere I could embed it, but this is the call to AVT.

The genuine excitement to have this guy is palpable.  It jumps out more than these typical calls.  More so, then even the Zach Wilson call.

No doubt, the Jets got their guy.

Here it is.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:18 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes but look on the bright side. At least we can count on you starting a new thread with a very long winded and schizophrenic post tomorrow about how you've come around after putting some thought into it.

You really nailed this one ?

Quick, who are we picking next? Lol

On 4/30/2021 at 12:54 PM, kdels62 said:

I did the research in the layman way and the takeaway is that this isn’t really a long term issue and he’s no more at risk than the average QB to injure himself. There are YouTube videos of doctors explaining Wilson’s shoulder injury and why it’s not a risk going forward. 

You made up a conclusion and then pretended like you had legs to stand on. If youu wanna discuss Wilson’s negatives, that’s legitimate. If you wanna pretend like you’ve given more than a cursory thought to his injury and what it actually means in terms of risk, then you’re full of it.

Look @Warfish has a point. Ligament/soft tissue injuries always carry an increased risk of re-occurrence. Is it high enough that I take a guy off a draft board? Probably not if it's a singular injury. But long term there are concerns as he ages vs if he never had an injury to start with. He's the pick at this point and you have to hope the percentages fall in our favor over the short and long term. There are plenty of papers to support this with regards to recurrence rates, etc.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/29/2021 at 8:11 AM, JiF said:

Least excited I've ever been about draft day, not because the Jets suck and I expect disaster, but because the entire draft has jumped the shark.  Between the hot take machines and the stupid nonsensical garbage that comes up these days, it's now the worst part of the season.  Even the format sucks.  1 round tonight?  really?  Cant wait to sit around and listen to these blow hards (might just have it on mute) grade and analyze every pick just to wait for the 23rd pick and then they trade out and we wait another 24 hours.

Go Jets! 

It's pretty crazy to look back and see that you weren't even excited the night the Jags drafted TL! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/29/2021 at 9:05 AM, T0mShane said:

Yes but

Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougars

On 4/29/2021 at 9:05 AM, T0mShane said:

Plz kill me

On 4/29/2021 at 4:43 PM, T0mShane said:

Turkey neck, saggy pecs, the biceps of an XBOX junkie. 

4BB405B0-540A-4F34-8539-3D57CF9C4BD2.png

On 4/29/2021 at 6:25 PM, T0mShane said:

I wasn’t going to go to the bar tonight, but all of this “hey, the Jets might not take Zach Wilson” fake chatter has me feeling like it’s New Year’s Eve and the Space Force just decimated the alien insect army.

On 4/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, T0mShane said:

Dunked on from every corner!

Hilarious that you were strongly against the Zach pick from day 1.