QB is important. GM even more so.

These next few days are when we actually get to see our GM do his thing.  We talk so much about our GM but rarely get to see his actual work product.

I'm very excited to have something other than rumor, opinion, etc. to judge him by.  He's done well in all areas that do not involve player selection.  In that area he has done good, not great.

Today gives us another chance to watch our GM perform in a core, vital facet of his job - player selection.  With his coach, with plenty of capital, with high picks.

Let's go!

I think now that GASE is no longer part of this org, JD will shine. I don't expect him to be 100% right on everything, but he needs to nail his first 5 picks this draft, and 3 of the 5 should be instant starters with the other 2 not far behind.

• Upvote 2

its been a bit hit or miss for me with JD but generally speaking i am willing to let him really make this team his own before making any conclusions. his stinkers have been low cost, and his higher cost stinkers have been on short term deals....so i think he is just taking shots at the board with guys like Wilson.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

These next few days are when we actually get to see our GM do his thing.  We talk so much about our GM but rarely get to see his actual work product.

I'm very excited to have something other than rumor, opinion, etc. to judge him by.  He's done well in all areas that do not involve player selection.  In that area he has done good, not great.

Today gives us another chance to watch our GM perform in a core, vital facet of his job - player selection.  With his coach, with plenty of capital, with high picks.

Let's go!

Youre not the first to say this.  

Yes, the draft is important and the next two its compounded because of all the picks we have.  But its not like he does nothing but shows up on draft day makes a few picks and then does nothing for a year.  Hes accumulated picks.  Hes rid the team of useless players or poor fits.  Hes signed FAs.  Made really good trades like Adams, Williams and Darnold.  Fired Gase.  Hired Saleh and staff. 

As @FidelioJet said above, hes done a solid job so far.  Needs a good draft to upgrade that grade.  

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think he's done a solid job to date.

He had the insight to know he had to completely tear down the team - and the courage to see it through...

I commend him for that but that was the easy part.

The rebuild starts tonight!

2-14 equals “solid” I guess

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

its been a bit hit or miss for me with JD but generally speaking i am willing to let him really make this team his own before making any conclusions. his stinkers have been low cost, and his higher cost stinkers have been on short term deals....so i think he is just taking shots at the board with guys like Wilson.

He nailed the Becton and Mims picks.  Rest of his draft sucked last year.  Got a good haul for Adams tho the media did us a favor overrating that guy.  I liked the Davis signing, some of his other signings like Kalil, Perriman and Vedvik have been nauseating

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He nailed the Becton and Mims picks.  Rest of his draft sucked last year.  Got a good haul for Adams tho the media did us a favor overrating that guy.  I liked the Davis signing, some of his other signings like Kalil, Perriman and Vedvik have been nauseating

I guess getting a starting CB in the 5th round sucks?

15 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So we are 100% judging picks with a shortened Covid preseason and the worst coach in the NFL after one season? sounds legit Phil. It looks bad, I agree, but I’m hoping few of those guys might start to show up with an actual NFL coaching staff and contribute. Maybe? 

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

for my jury is out on mims. he flashed potential..thats about it at the moment. considering he was a second round pick i dont think thats enough to make any conclusion.

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

for my jury is out on mims. he flashed potential..thats about it at the moment. considering he was a second round pick i dont think thats enough to make any conclusion.

I’m not worried about Mims he just needs to stay healthy