Why the Jets will trade CJ Mosley in the coming days

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Why are we trading him, again? Jets still need good players even if nailing the draft, you know.

Old, two years removed from football, and probably a system mismatch. Trading him will get you another shot or two at a player in the draft, or maybe help them move up in the draft. Plus the team may be a little sour on him currently due to his choices and trying to start without the previous admin's stench of which he wreaks.

• Upvote 1

i think it all depends on him coming back with enough fire after taking the better part of 2 years off.  the salary cap issue is one thing and might be better for the jets to trade him now and absorb the dead money hit when they can but the thing is whether or not he can still play.  mosley is(was) an impact player and the jets will need players like that to get out of the talent hole they're in.  i wouldn't be so worried about him being a 3-4 linebacker.  i don't think saleh is either.  he's going to play the right players in the right position.

4 hours ago, Leftylarry said:

His roster bonus of $10,000,000 , he collected, that was Lion share of his 2019 money, he figured he’d take a redshirt year rather than risk injury for the rest of his paycheck.

The math said, $10,000,000 to stay home is a good deal

If the guy was truly concerned for his health and family that’s one thing but seen clubbing without a mask tells you everything you need to know.

I don’t think you understand how guaranteed money works.