Watch Mac Jones Fall Into Patriot's Lap

After Trevor Lawrence, I have Mac Jones rated as the second best QB prospect in the draft.  

I have a feeling he's going to wind up landing right in Belichick's lap.

Would that not just be sooo much like the Jets and the Pats ???

The Jets take Zac Wilson at 2'nd overall and he's out of the league in four years.

Mac Jones lands at the 15th spot with the Patriots, is out of the starting gate quickly and wins a Super Bowl before his rookie contract is up.

Wanna bet ?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 11
  • Post of the Week 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

After Trevor Lawrence, I have Mac Jones rated as the second best QB prospect in the draft.  

The Jets take Zac Wilson at 2'nd overall and he's out of the league in four years.

Mac Jones lands at the 15th spot with the Patriots, is out of the starting gate quickly and wins a Super Bowl before his rookie contract is up.

Wanna bet ?

Watch people jump out of windows in fear

Because you know, Wilson will be out of the league in 4 years.  

In fact whoever the Jets draft will be gone in 4 years.  And whoever the Pats may get will star and will win a SB

I'll take the bet, Jones doesnt go on to the pats and wins a SB before his rookie deal is up

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

I really wish people would stop obsessing over what other rival teams might do.

It reeks of inferiority complex.  It implies they'll always get the better of us.

Worry about US, Fu*k everyone else. 

Worry about us.

Thank you

No matter what is going on around here we need to dream up scenarios where the Pats or whoever do it better.

Every friggen player we dont take or have no interest in will become a Patriot.  They have somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 players on their roster I believe

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Look, I don't watch a lot of college football, but from what I've seen of this guy, he's got a Chad Penningtoneske arm.  Why is he someone to be worried about?

Everyone went gaga over this guy because he's playing with 10 1st rounders on offense. He's AJ McCarron 2.0. He's not getting credit for throwing to a wide open Smith or Waddle who beat the DB by 5 yards.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

Agree on Jones being #2. 

Lawrence - Jones - Fields - Wilson.

Jones and Fields virtual tie for me but edge to Jones.

No opinion on Lance.

Jones - QB of the most talented team in the SEC,  

Lawrence - QB of by far and away the most talented team in the ACC,

Fields - QB of by far and away the most talented team in the Big 10,   

Wilson - QB of an independent w/ mixed bag of talent.  

-

Alabama - 127 players drafted since 2000, 31 in 1st rd.

Clemson - 84 players drafted since 2000, 14 in 1st rd. 

OSU - 141 players drafted since 2000, 31 in 1st rd.

BYU - 28 players drafted since 2000, 2 in 1st rd. 

---------------------------------

Favre, McNabb, Brees, and Rivers made names for themselves at non-traditional powerhouse schools and drafted high. Roethlisberger too,

In addition to a lot of what Chris Simms says, I'm optimistic considering Wilson's circumstances at BYU and posting that 33TD/3INT last season ... I think Wilson is legit.

And I think at least 1 of the other 3 above (historically speaking) will bellyflop hard in the NFL. And it very well could be Lawrence. 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, jgb said:

Agree on Jones being #2. 

Lawrence - Jones - Fields - Wilson.

Jones and Fields virtual tie for me but edge to Jones.

No opinion on Lance.

Just curious. Fully hypothetical.

In this scenario are you considering Wilson a first round talent?

Say we were picking 4th and the GM's ahead of us thought like you.  Are you taking Wilson at 4.

23 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Everyone went gaga over this guy because he's playing with 10 1st rounders on offense. He's AJ McCarron 2.0. He's not getting credit for throwing to a wide open Smith or Waddle who beat the DB by 5 yards.

Agreed.  I'm very worried about being beclowned by Justin Fields.  Absolutely not by Mac Jones.

15 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

I'm ok with the Pats gets Jimmy G or Mac jones because Salah defences have always been able to deal with QBs like them but struggle against mobile QBs so fields would he my worst nightmare to New England.

New England minus Brady is like Henry Hill after the witness protection program: average nobodies, a bunch of schnooks. 7-9 so far and looking for a QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Wanna bet ?

It's possible, but I am really not all that concerned about who you have rated as the 2nd best QB prospect. Nor do I care who Mel Kiper has rated as the 2nd best QB prospect. 

And since the Pats drafted Brady, they have drafted 10 or so other QBs and none have come close to being anything special so it's not like they are QB talent gurus themselves.  

Wanna bet ?

That Tom Brady once in a lifetime QB ain’t happening twice. The Pats are about to face the Karma of a 50 year drought like the Jets are about to climb out of. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I really wish people would stop obsessing over what other rival teams might do.

It reeks of inferiority complex.  It implies they'll always get the better of us.

Worry about US, Fu*k everyone else. 

Worry about us.

The Jets *have been* inferior.  It is not a complex.   The Pats *have* been superior.  It is not a distortion.  It has *nothing* to do with the fans. The Pats have a wise owner and the Jets don't.  A ship sails in the mold of its master.

After stints with Idzik and Mr. Coffee, my hope was that JD was a strong enough piece of manpower to both know what to do and to be able to keep Johnson out of his kitchen while he does it. 

For me, all hope of that being possible went up the spout when the Jets ownership/management allowed themselves to be maneuvered out of the first overall draft pick and Trevor Lawrence.

That was indefensible.  They even had the mayor of Jacksonville thanking the Jets on Twitter. 

It was a gut punch and a horrible let-down that I'm not going to get over.  Especially as Trevor Lawrence and Wilson progress in their respective careers.

I expect Lawrence to be the generational talent he is predicted to be.  I expect Wilson to flame out.

My disgust is only going to grow as that plays out. 

• Haha 1

Wanna bet ?

Yes

32 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Jones - QB of the most talented team in the SEC,  

Lawrence - QB of by far and away the most talented team in the ACC,

Fields - QB of by far and away the most talented team in the Big 10,   

Wilson - QB of an independent w/ mixed bag of talent.  

-

Alabama - 127 players drafted since 2000, 31 in 1st rd.

Clemson - 84 players drafted since 2000, 14 in 1st rd. 

OSU - 141 players drafted since 2000, 31 in 1st rd.

BYU - 28 players drafted since 2000, 2 in 1st rd. 

---------------------------------

Favre, McNabb, Brees, and Rivers made names for themselves at non-traditional powerhouse schools and drafted high. Roethlisberger too,

In addition to a lot of what Chris Simms says, I'm optimistic considering Wilson's circumstances at BYU and posting that 33TD/3INT last season ... I think Wilson is legit.

And I think at least 1 of the other 3 above (historically speaking) will bellyflop hard in the NFL. And it very well could be Lawrence. 

All relevant and good points. But a team's talent level is also in most cases inversely proportional to the quality of the competition. Put another way -- Wilson has only entered the "top QB" conversation this season. One in which BYU faced zero opponents from Power 5 conferences. I guess I'm saying it cuts both ways. But good points for sure.

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just curious. Fully hypothetical.

In this scenario are you considering Wilson a first round talent?

Say we were picking 4th and the GM's ahead of us thought like you.  Are you taking Wilson at 4.

I wouldn't take Wilson in the first round. He entered the conversation as a top QB this year... one in which BYU faced zero Power 5 opponents. For a first rounder -- especially in the top of the first -- I'd like to see a guy go against top teams. This isn't saying he doesn't have the physical talent to be a first rounder. But as we all know, it takes more than that to be a successful thrower of the football in this league.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Watch people jump out of windows in fear

Because you know, Wilson will be out of the league in 4 years.  

In fact whoever the Jets draft will be gone in 4 years.  And whoever the Pats may get will star and will win a SB

I'll take the bet, Jones doesnt go on to the pats and wins a SB before his rookie deal is up

*3 years off Jets traded for couple mid round  picks. 

14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Agreed.  I'm very worried about being beclowned by Justin Fields.  Absolutely not by Mac Jones.

Wison and or Fields may turn out to be fantastic.  I also think both of those prospects have prime bust potential.  I would not have either on my draft board. I also see Tray Lance as being a poor stater in the NFL.  The "safe" picks are Lawrence and Jones.  

• Upvote 1